Login

russian armor

How to help brit early game?

8 Oct 2015, 02:19 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Brits feel very weak to me early game, especially against aggressive ostheer strategies like 3 ostruppen. What would you do to give them a little boost? Here are some of my thoughts:

5 man squad upgrade: also reduces reinforce cost to 28.
Universal Carrier: move repair ability to vet 0, make it also repair engine damage, maybe increase muni cost.
AEC: increase armor. Make the immobilization ability way more responsive.

8 Oct 2015, 02:56 AM
Donator 11

Brits are indeed pretty weak early game. The only salvation they have now is to stall for the over-performing stuff in the mid and late game. I fear for Brits in 1v1 once the inevitable nerfs to centaur/churchill/croc come in.

Some suggestions:

* buff Tommies accuracy on the move. They can still be worse than other units to make up for the cover buffs, but I don't like the idea of punishing aggressive early game flanks

* reduce tommies reinforce cost to 30-32. The manpower bleed atm is horrendous and no way justifiable to their performance. Ostruppen, sniper, or even a lucky early nade punishes Brits extremely hard

* Buff UC health or move repair ability to vet 0

* Decrease AEC cost to make it a viable counter to 222/flame track. At the momement it comes late and it's performance does not justify the costs
8 Oct 2015, 03:08 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Tommy reinforce cost is probably going to happen. The rest, too risky.
8 Oct 2015, 03:10 AM

Brit early game would almost be alright as is if they had a light vehicle that was viable against infantry and wasn't made of tissue paper.

Americans have M20 with skirts, AAHT, and Stuart.

Soviets have Quad and T70.

Brits have nothing.

Buff AEC anti-infantry.

However, I like Romeo's suggestions as well. I'd also add that they need a mobile form of indirect fire. A mortar, a pack howitzer, ANYTHING.
8 Oct 2015, 06:36 AM

Did you say... help?
8 Oct 2015, 06:41 AM

buff:

tommy reinforcement cost to 30-32
UC HP to 280
wasp cost to 60 mu

tommies arty to 30 range

AEC range to 50 with a cost increase to 320 mp 70 fuel.

Firefly cost to 350mp 125 fuel

vicker cost lowered to 260mp

nerfs:

commandos dps cut by half

churchill and variants hp to 1040-1280 armor to 320

Tulip damage to 2x100, lower cost per use to 60 mu

Bren gun long range dps lowered by 25%, cost lowered to 45 mu.

6 pounder cost raised to 320mp.
8 Oct 2015, 06:44 AM

Buff the Infantry section DPS without cover while nerf the DPS with cover..

And reduce the reinforce to 28~30 at max.

I think the mortar needs some kind of buff as in previous thread.
8 Oct 2015, 06:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2015, 06:44 AMUGBEAR
Buff the Infantry section DPS without cover while nerf the DPS with cover..

And reduce the reinforce to 28~30 at max.

I think the mortar needs some kind of buff as in previous thread.

the tommies' lee enfield are fine. It's only when they have two brens gun that their dps become OP.

that's really an inherent problem of the weapon rack system. Both the Bar and bazooka had the same problem which is why they got progressively nerfed until you need two of them. The PIAT is already "fine-ish" for 40 munition, but the bren gun is still pretty powerful.
8 Oct 2015, 06:53 AM

They could trade some of the Tommies durability for a lower cost, that'll help the British in the long run because they'll be able to take more losses in the early game without being so harshly punished for it.
8 Oct 2015, 06:56 AM

buff:

tommy reinforcement cost to 30-32
UC HP to 280
wasp cost to 60 mu

tommies arty to 30 range

AEC range to 50 with a cost increase to 320 mp 70 fuel.

Firefly cost to 350mp 125 fuel

vicker cost lowered to 260mp

nerfs:

commandos dps cut by half

churchill and variants hp to 1040-1280 armor to 320

Tulip damage to 2x100, lower cost per use to 60 mu

Bren gun long range dps lowered by 25%, cost lowered to 45 mu.

6 pounder cost raised to 320mp.

reducing firefly cost and keeping gun performance the same is a bad idea, it's supposed to be the best medium TD. a buff to the gun and a nerf to tulips damage would make it ok for cost.

commandos dps by half a bit too much, 1.5 would be ok. also reduce light gammon bomb to the level of guards nade.

nerfing bren dps = bad idea, brits have no elite inf except bren tommies.

AEC to 70 FU is too expensive even for 50 range.

UC hp increase is unnecessary.
8 Oct 2015, 07:07 AM

the tommies' lee enfield are fine. It's only when they have two brens gun that their dps become OP.

that's really an inherent problem of the weapon rack system. Both the Bar and bazooka had the same problem which is why they got progressively nerfed until you need two of them. The PIAT is already "fine-ish" for 40 munition, but the bren gun is still pretty powerful.

The Tommies has a noticable high chance of dropping weapon when they are down to 3 models....I think it's a bug,Someone said that scopped Lee enfiled rifle are occupying a slot for some reaon, hope that will be fixed.

right now I go engineers with Bren, they are more reliable/Cheap. Tommies are all for thier medic support and that's all about it.

8 Oct 2015, 07:16 AM

Brits lack many things in early game-mid game.

No indircet fire (Grw, 81mm, isg, pack howie)
No engineers (that design with bren but without anyone to repair :foreveralone: )
No SMG/Assault Rifles to help with early game buildings (SP, AG, AE)
No way to clear building by infantry (molotovs, incendiary nades, flamers, infiltration nades etc.)
No nades (sure, you can upgrade but I havent seen anyone doing this cause it's suicide when rushing Centaur to survive).
No mid game at all. From sniper, straight to Centaur if you wanna live, while other factions have plenty option: 222, flamenwerfer, Stug E, 251/17, Stuka zu fuss, Puma, AA HT, Stuart, T70, Quad).
Sure, there is AC but around 6-9min you don't need unit which can fight tanks but a unit which can fight MGs and other infantry. You don't even have snares which would help you survive.
No smoke.
No mobile arty/indirect.
Point is, Brits don't have any tools other factions have while they don't have anything special which other factions lack. They don't have the most basic tools they should.

All of this means that it's very very hard for Brits to fight vs fortifications.
IS cannot assault, they don't have smoke support, you cannot use flamers agasint, no light tank to push back MG etc etc etc.

Just spam Osttruppen, back them with HMG and gg.

8 Oct 2015, 07:24 AM

I would be fully agree to rework/buff brits early game IF british sniper would receive some kind of nerf.
Currently, when using 3-4 tommy squads backed by sniper/s feels like rather a strong early game, not a weak one especialy against OKW.
8 Oct 2015, 08:06 AM

Permanently Banned
I would be fully agree to rework/buff brits early game IF british sniper would receive some kind of nerf.
Currently, when using 3-4 tommy squads backed by sniper/s feels like rather a strong early game, not a weak one especialy against OKW.

Just ignore/evade the sniper, until you can blob the right amount of forces to blob it away, works every single time.

Btw if he has 3-4 tommie squads plus a sniper, you can bet pretty safely his manpower income is even lower than that of OKW :foreveralone:
8 Oct 2015, 08:10 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2015, 02:19 AMRomeo
Brits feel very weak to me early game, especially against aggressive ostheer strategies like 3 ostruppen. What would you do to give them a little boost? Here are some of my thoughts:

Universal Carrier: move repair ability to vet 0, make it also repair engine damage, maybe increase muni cost.
AEC: increase armor. Make the immobilization ability way more responsive.

reinforce cost to 28 is a bit to much in my honest opinion, I would say a 30-32 reinforcement cost would suffice.

I wouldn't be so keen on giving the Universal carrier self repair at vet 0.

Agree with the AEC part.

As to others that think the tommie sections should get an accuracy increase while on the move, alright sounds good, but that should mean that their performance in cover should be towed down a bit. If they get the increased accuracy while on the move and have their current bonuses in cover, they become quite frankly a joke.
8 Oct 2015, 08:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2015, 02:19 AMRomeo

I like this one.
It didn't worked like this with upgrade for PE in coh1, but then again, PE had no mp or map control problems.
8 Oct 2015, 08:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2015, 06:56 AMMuxsus

nerfing bren dps = bad idea, brits have no elite inf except bren tommies.

elite infantry are overhyped, it's more about LMG. It's the lmg42 grenadier who carry the ost to victory, not the panzergrenadier.

Even the paratrooper's biggest attraction is their ability to carry two lmg.

personally I would prefer a hard cap of one lmg per squad, except for the paratrooper.

8 Oct 2015, 08:54 AM

Permanently Banned
Buff early game after or with nerf bonus in cover and late game, coz brtis infatry in cover > all another axis infatry.
8 Oct 2015, 09:09 AM

Just ignore/evade the sniper, until you can blob the right amount of forces to blob it away, works every single time.

Btw if he has 3-4 tommie squads plus a sniper, you can bet pretty safely his manpower income is even lower than that of OKW :foreveralone:

This works in theory. On the field, a few massed volk squads won't be able to defeat the tommies especialy if suported from behind by the sniper. What you said may work with a pfusies "blob" and that blocks you in one doctrine....
8 Oct 2015, 09:12 AM

elite infantry are overhyped, it's more about LMG. It's the lmg42 grenadier who carry the ost to victory, not the panzergrenadier.

Even the paratrooper's biggest attraction is their ability to carry two lmg.

personally I would prefer a hard cap of one lmg per squad, except for the paratrooper.

tommies aren't sufficiently powerful without brens to fight, say, lmg obers. Brens are a solution to lategame manpower shortages and taking it away will result in tommies struggling against powerful infantry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★