Login

russian armor

KV-8

7 Oct 2015, 09:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2015, 09:06 AMShanka

No, can KV were only used on the beginnig of the war, production stopped early in favor of t34 (if my memory is right)

Tanks themselves were still used and modified to a point(KV-1s, KV-85).
7 Oct 2015, 09:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2015, 06:42 AMaaa
Why axis can callin puma, stug, command tank, tiger without spending on tier? I would like tie all tanks to buiildings.

Puma and StuG E have no corresponding tier, Ostheer skips over light armour phase and jumps straight into medium armour. Putting them in T2 would be too early, but putting them in T3 would be too late.
7 Oct 2015, 09:24 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Remember that we have the KV-1 (and B4) because relic already had the models done for TOW and campaign, not because they were especially prevalent by 1944-5
7 Oct 2015, 09:35 AM

Puma and StuG E have no corresponding tier, Ostheer skips over light armour phase and jumps straight into medium armour. Putting them in T2 would be too early, but putting them in T3 would be too late.

And KV-8 isn't really a T3 vehicle either, which makes it unsuitable for any soviet tier as sov T4=all other armies T3 and sovs don't have real T4, which means rushed KV-8 with tech would arrive even sooner.

So, you'd prefer 12-13 min KV-8 or 18 min KV-8 as it currently is?
7 Oct 2015, 10:07 AM
Patrion 26

No, can KV were only used on the beginnig of the war, production stopped early in favor of t34 (if my memory is right)

KV Service history
In service 1939–45
Used by Soviet Union
Wars Winter War, World War II
7 Oct 2015, 10:21 AM

There are people here who have much more experience than you in 1v1 complaining about the KV-8 balance. You're L2P comment isn't justified. You give no reasons why it's balanced. Flame damage is too powerful and it will be adjusted in the future.

Flames in general are strong, especially against garrison. This patch has pretty much been an anti-garrison patch.

Reasons I've seen as to why its imba is because ppl complain about Sovs being able to bring IS-2 into the fray along with a KV-8 vs one Pz-4 and comparing incomparable stuff... Most of the complaints I've seen in this thread look more like "I've lost a game against the KV-8" rather than "This thing is actually imbalanced".

Well.... KV-8 is balanced because its terrible against armour but really strong against infantry as it should be, esp considering how late it comes.

Also... Mines, Pak walls, jgpz 4 are good hardcounters to KV-8 spam, esp in corridor maps, even if you don't have P4s at the time, all which are available well before the KV-8 is, so I don't really see any problem with the KV-8 atm...

If you suspect a KV-8 is coming.... build counters.... foresight is essential in an RTS.
7 Oct 2015, 10:23 AM

m3 flamer could do the same thing until the flamer changes.

It usually needed to drive a long way, nearly entering the base. The KV8 wipes in seconds. Even if you have your tanks firing at it. Just like the croc. At least it has only 800 hp.
7 Oct 2015, 11:37 AM

So we can safely agree that "if" HP is based on weight in this game then KV-1,8,2 should have more health than the IS-2 because KV-1 = 47.5 t while IS-2 was 46 tonns

Also KV tanks were used almost throughout the whole war from 40-44

Maybe, could be, there are other factors... I'm not 100% sure on game stats or history stats.

KV tanks may have been used throughout the war but they were getting superceeded by IS series tanks. But well, if it shoots and still works, then it still can be used, why waste resources?

I mean the Russians were even using artillery pieces from the 1800s to raid fortified cities.
7 Oct 2015, 14:37 PM

Problem is not KV-8 alone, wich is strong on itself, but the doctrine as whole is too good, covers all areas of the game.
7 Oct 2015, 14:43 PM

Problem is not KV-8 alone, wich is strong on itself, but the doctrine as whole is too good, covers all areas of the game.

Lightning war?
Mechanized Assault?
Stuka+ele one?
Breakthrough?
Rifle company?
Vanguard regiment?

Each army have at least one of these, it doesn't mean they are broken or op in any way, its simply "meta" doctrine.
7 Oct 2015, 15:21 PM

Well, although those are good, i dont think they cover the meta as good as Shock Rifle. (Vanguard Regiment yes, agree on that one, but it still does not bring in a Heavy AT).

KV-8 is insane against inf, Incendiary Barrage can disable the packs and OKW stuff u had against KV-8, and the IS-2 can handle the Axis armor.

But Im not saying its OP, by any means.
7 Oct 2015, 15:44 PM

kv production stopped only after IS line(is1 was kv-13 originaly)
last kv model was kv85 ( https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9A%D0%92-85 ) made in 1943,and about 150 models.
actualy IS is new name for KV line (Kliment Voroshilov in 43 was not worth to have his name on best armor of country) and after stalin deth next is tank become the T10 (T-tank(танк) and 10 as tenth heavy tank in red army service (T35,КВ-1 -2 -1c -8,ИС-1 -2 -3 -4))
7 Oct 2015, 21:53 PM

Yes the doctrine is good, but fielding a KV-8 and an IS-2 at the same time when your opponents aren't sitting back is tough firstly on MP and fuel and secondly on Pop cap.

+ they come late enough anyway. So counters should be on field at the time.

Tbh if there were any real balance problems with Soviets, its the SU-76 which currently has ridiculous and unhistoric pennetration but that discussion has long sailed away.
9 Oct 2015, 20:52 PM

From Relic's notes:
Vehicle Flamethrowers
We tuned vehicle flamethrowers to make them more consistent across the board. We have reduced the damage on most heavy flame vehicles because it was over performing while increasing the damage on the wasp due to its underperformance.
Churchill Crocodile Flamethrower damage reduced from 12 to 10
KV-8 damage reduced from 16 to 10
Universal Carrier Wasp damage increased from 6 to 10

----

KV-8 needed to be nerfed but this is almost 50% reduction in damage...not sure that was quite called for. I think 25-30% would have been a good start...other than that everything looks really good but I am sure there will be some new things that crop up with the changes in addition to the outstanding things the community still wants fixed.
10 Oct 2015, 17:10 PM

typical relic balance

back to never seeing the KV8 again boys
10 Oct 2015, 19:24 PM

Yep, damage was never an issue to begin with. TIMING, POPCAP AND COST WERE OFF

Also shock frontline is another clusterfuck of its own. Bye Bye KV8
10 Oct 2015, 22:32 PM

Yep, damage was never an issue to begin with. TIMING, POPCAP AND COST WERE OFF

Also shock frontline is another clusterfuck of its own. Bye Bye KV8

I think damage needed toning down. Last night against 2 Volk schreck blobs with all models but about 60~% health one burst of KV-8 flame killed all but 2 models. I didn't feel bad though because the guy had built 3 ISG's and was instantly pinning all my conscripts and he was blobbing his Volks. I hope the KV-8 will still be able to punish blobs after this patch. We shall see
10 Oct 2015, 23:04 PM

It will join the B4, T3476 and HM38; the trash can.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★