Login

russian armor

USF feels clunky

2 Oct 2015, 15:32 PM

Permanently Banned
*Before you read the information below, note that this is not a "USF needs to be buffed, the are weak" thread. I just put down some issues with USF that can break their faction and their chances to win!*

Hi there.

I have been playing USF a lot lately and I can't stop but having the feeling that half of their units are just way to clumsy and flimsy. A lot of units still have issues, especially with pathing, attacking, their 'functional' abilities and just out right uselessness. I have made a list with things that annoy me beyond belief with the USF faction, things I think most of you will recognize. I hope these issues will get more attention and will eventually get fixed this way.

• Vehicle crews
    There are two issues I encounter with vehicle crews, one being that they almost all of the time run to a nearby tank to go and repair that tank instead of their own. It makes no sense to do this and if you have 3 or 4 tanks, you have 3 or 4 vehicle crews all repairing one tank, which increases the risk of them getting killed and your tanks stolen.

The other being that if you are repairing your tank, there sometimes occurs a bug. A bug that pretty much screws you over and can cost you a game. If you are repairing your tank and you are suddenly under attack and need to quickly recrew your tank, you can't. The repair icon will hover over the tank if you put your mouse over it, without ever giving you the recrew icon, no matter what you do, no matter what button (even hotkeys) you press, you can't get rid of the repair icon. There is no way in hell to get in the tank until it gets repaired. I lost multiple sherman bulldozers, M10s and even Jacksons to this horrible bug.

• Assault engineers
    These units are supposed to be assault engineers. They can do their job pretty fairly, but even in the first engagements of a round, they will drop models way to quickly. Later on in the game they are pretty much glass cannons that can't get in range without losing at least a model. I can't recall how many times I lost an assault engineer squad on retreat that had 3 models left and at least 60% health. They feel clumsy and fragile, even more so than fallshirmjeagers to me. They at least need some viability in the late game.

• Riflemen
    They have been greatly improved, yet their annoying smoke grenade bug still exists. Riflemen that are ordered to fire a smoke grenade will 90% of the time fire a kind of dud round first, with no bullet actually traveling let alone smoke, this delays the smoke for another 2 to 3 full seconds, which can be very decisive. Another nuisance is that sometimes this dud shot can actually reveal your unit and an LeIg will start firing at you, and we all know they hit on the first shot!This bug should be worked out asap.

• 57 mm at gun
    This at gun has a great veterancy ability and a great AP round. Yet it can be decrewed by a summer's breeze. One single squad firing at it can reliably decrew this weapon. A rifle nade will surely guarantee it's death. Although it has great abilities, it is not a reliable at platform, since it can die to pretty much everything in under a few seconds.

• sherman bulldozer
    This unit just feels useless. It can't hit anything if I can exaggerate and it just feels like a driving meat shield that can take pak shots or raketten werfer shots while a useful standard 75mm sherman drives up to kill something. It is a high cp unit, it shouldn't be useless.

• Captain
    Perhaps the captain shouldn't have joined the army, instead he should have become a dancing instructor. I don't know what it is but as soon as you order the captain to fire at anything, the unit starts to wildly disperse and move around, wasting a good second to 2 seconds in a confrontation, usually dropping some health in the process. Why on earth does this unit do this and why does it do it all the time. It makes no sense and usually results in a lot of missed opportunities.

• Major
    This units seems to have no function apart from being a forward retreat point. He takes up pop cap, has an artillery strike that you need to active about 20 seconds in advance and has no other capabilities that give you any advantage. Make it useful or remove it, it is dull.

• RNG bombs
    The fact that they are called RNG bombs by the playerbase is enough of a shame already. RNG bombs can reach beyond their designated circle and usually hit nothing, or rektify you entire army in one or two hits. Apart from this, it doesn't matter how far backwards you use the ability, it will still creep forward towards your own units, totally nullifying the reason for even having a circle of effect on the map. This should be changed immediately.

• USF Tank destroyers
    The pathing on these fragile units is just utter garbage. They are paper tanks and can crush (m10) pretty fairly, but this is a huge risk on its own. They are fast and mobile yet feel like they are driven by a child that is driving their unicycle for the first time. How many times I gave a Jackson the command to reverse and it still tried to turn is beyond me, I just hate the thing's pathing.

This pretty much sums up what in my eyes what needs to be fixed for USF still. If you feel like adding something to the list, go ahead, the sooner USf get's their bugs and useles units fixed, the better!
2 Oct 2015, 15:56 PM

+1

2 Oct 2015, 15:58 PM
Donator 22

USF clunky ? Try UKF.

More seriously USF is in a good spot now, it still can face anything late game but it's strong early and mid game
2 Oct 2015, 16:10 PM

Clearly someone who loves USF so hard, they're still on of the best factions in this game, still complaining about small things, manage your troops better and half of these issues are gone.
2 Oct 2015, 16:13 PM
Donator 11

USF clunky ? Try UKF.

More seriously USF is in a good spot now, it still can face anything late game but it's strong early and mid game

I don't think he is talking about balance, but rather gameplay.

* Vehicle crews - there is a button to press to make them jump back in the tank, no? I can't think of what it is now sorry.

* Assault Engies - disagree, these guys have ton of utility and plenty of damage if you flank with them. Don't engage enemies head on

* Rifleman smoke nade bug - I've seen it but certainly not 90% of the time.

* 57mm - Agree. It's not just exclusive to the gun either. .50 cal and pack howie get decrewed way faster than their counterparts too.

* sherman dozer - Agree. It can't hit anything not standing still.

* Captain - Agree, pretty sure it's some sort of bug or just bad coding.

* Major - Agree. Buffing nearby units as a trade-offs between using him aggressively or as a forward retreat point would be a good mechanic imo. Right now he is just a retreat point and back-capper at best.

* RNG bombs - Terrible ability, should be completely redesigned imo.

* tank destroyers - Agree but that is not limited to just them, it's prevalent in most if not all vehicles in the game - vehicle pathing in coh2 is hot garbage. It just feels worse because they are so fragile.
2 Oct 2015, 16:18 PM

* Vehicle crews - there is a button to press to make them jump back in the tank, no? I can't think of what it is now sorry.

* Assault Engies - disagree, these guys have ton of utility and plenty of damage if you flank with them. Don't engage enemies head on

* 57mm - Agree. It's not just exclusive to the gun either. .50 cal and pack howie get decrewed way faster than their counterparts too.

* Major - Agree. Buffing nearby units as a trade-offs between using him aggressively or as a forward retreat point would be a good mechanic imo. Right now he is just a retreat point and back-capper at best.

* tank destroyers - Agree but that is not limited to just them, it's prevalent in most if not all vehicles in the game - vehicle pathing in coh2 is hot garbage. It just feels worse because they are so fragile.

thats a lot better....
2 Oct 2015, 16:18 PM

Clearly someone who loves USF so hard, they're still on of the best factions in this game, still complaining about small things, manage your troops better and half of these issues are gone.

Did u even read what he wrote ??

There are some bugs, annoying bugs sometimess gamebreaking.

Manage ur troops better....rofl I LOLD KAPPA
2 Oct 2015, 17:00 PM

Did u even read what he wrote ??

There are some bugs, annoying bugs sometimess gamebreaking.

Manage ur troops better....rofl I LOLD KAPPA

sorry he's probebly someone who attacks with assaultengis frontal on enemies, use them to flank, maybe smarter???

tank crew repairing wrong tanks, check it maybe, you dont have that problem then.

infantryman, smoke bug???? only saw it on streams, doesn,t had that issue, us infantry still to strong in my eyes, maybe not in yours....

Us tank destroyers, in my eyes their over performing, in reality they had high damage output, but no proper armour, so in this game i think they still can handle out damage, use them from range dont hug the enemy....

end conclusion usf is till OP!!!! and yes the pathing of ALL tanks is a bit weird....

KAPPA
2 Oct 2015, 17:29 PM

This is a pretty good summary. Couple of points that he hit upon are still a real problem (captain, pathing on TD's) for USF. I think AE's need a received accuracy buff at vet 3. The ability to repair units quickly is near useless since USF is loaded with repair potential. Received accuracy would help since they are such a small squad German units can pick them off very quickly. However, their high damage requires they not receive this too early or they will be wiping machines.

USF losing pop cap to unlocks is a real problem. Late game if you need to unlock a tier but are close to pop cap you are basically out of luck. If I skip Lt, but try to back tech for him I have to purchase a rifle squad which cause MP bleed and upkeep cost, while if I play any other faction I can unlock the tier and access the unit. Long games makes this issue more extreme because the total cost of a tier is the time of the game by upkeep of unit unlocked.
2 Oct 2015, 17:34 PM

99% of those stuff are non-issues and some are just bugs.
2 Oct 2015, 17:45 PM

Permanently Banned

sorry he's probebly someone who attacks with assaultengis frontal on enemies, use them to flank, maybe smarter???

tank crew repairing wrong tanks, check it maybe, you dont have that problem then.

infantryman, smoke bug???? only saw it on streams, doesn,t had that issue, us infantry still to strong in my eyes, maybe not in yours....

Us tank destroyers, in my eyes their over performing, in reality they had high damage output, but no proper armour, so in this game i think they still can handle out damage, use them from range dont hug the enemy....

end conclusion usf is till OP!!!! and yes the pathing of ALL tanks is a bit weird....

KAPPA

Where did I state this? Nowhere, don't make assumptions based on nothing.

USF tank destroyers overperforming? :lolol:
2 Oct 2015, 17:46 PM

Permanently Banned
99% of those stuff are non-issues and some are just bugs.

If they are bugs, they are issues, they hamper USF in a multitude of ways. Should be ironed out.

This is not a "USF is useless need to be buffed thread"
2 Oct 2015, 17:48 PM

I just want to say, the Bullshitdozer or Bulldozer as you incorrectly call it, is not designed to hit moving targets. It's designed to smash up static targets like MG's AT guns and Bunkers. It's a linebreaker that needs to be supported either by Infantry or actual M4 Shermans. It cannot work on it's own. That's just a simple fact.
2 Oct 2015, 17:48 PM

Permanently Banned

Yes gameplay wise!
2 Oct 2015, 17:49 PM

Permanently Banned
I just want to say, the Bullshitdozer or Bulldozer as you incorrectly call it, is not designed to hit moving targets. It's designed to smash up static targets like MG's AT guns and Bunkers. It's a linebreaker that needs to be supported either by Infantry or actual M4 Shermans. It cannot work on it's own. That's just a simple fact.

Agreed, yet it can't work when supported either. It can't reliably break through anything apart from my annoyance and the enemies laughter. I am not claiming it is unbalanced, it is just lackluster right down to it's code.
2 Oct 2015, 18:10 PM

Unless I am missing something, can just shift click so they get back in the vehicle after repairing.
2 Oct 2015, 18:20 PM

Permanently Banned
Unless I am missing something, can just shift click so they get back in the vehicle after repairing.

The bug overwrites this order :(

It doesn't happen a lot, like once every 10 to 15 games, yet it is so game breaking :(
2 Oct 2015, 20:51 PM

• Captain
    Perhaps the captain shouldn't have joined the army, instead he should have become a dancing instructor. I don't know what it is but as soon as you order the captain to fire at anything, the unit starts to wildly disperse and move around, wasting a good second to 2 seconds in a confrontation, usually dropping some health in the process. Why on earth does this unit do this and why does it do it all the time. It makes no sense and usually results in a lot of missed opportunities.

Lieutenant, Guards and Shocks suffer from the same problem. This bug has been there since release. When ordered to attack while on the move, they will start to run into nearby cover before engaging. You can order "Stop" and then attack the targeted unit to bypass that bug at a certain degree.
2 Oct 2015, 21:07 PM

I've found tank crews will go to the closest, most damaged tank to repair, even if it's your ally vs their own tank. And by close, like within one tank length distance. You can manually tell them to repair their own tank if you want to quickly get one tank back in the battle.

And yes, men under fire won't automatically go in their tank when click. I believe Relic made that intentionally, if your read about the ability. I'd say it's a good risk/reward package of being able to have the crew repair (rather than a 3rd party unit).

Assault engineers can charge great at the beginning, but later in the game, charge with your rifles THEN bring the AE w/flamer. Unless the other player force fires, the troops will target the (somewhat) beefier rifles and the AE will be free to engage and wreck havoc.

Major's ability is to unlock tanks, not be a forward trooper. He's support. Retreat point, recon plane, arty and smoke comes from him as part of that supporting role. Also remember, as he vets up (just being near the fight), he can lock a capture point. If you really want him in the fight, he can upgrade to a BAR or whatever.
3 Oct 2015, 05:59 AM

Permanently Banned
I've found tank crews will go to the closest, most damaged tank to repair, even if it's your ally vs their own tank. And by close, like within one tank length distance. You can manually tell them to repair their own tank if you want to quickly get one tank back in the battle.

Yes annoying as fuark.

And yes, men under fire won't automatically go in their tank when click. I believe Relic made that intentionally, if your read about the ability. I'd say it's a good risk/reward package of being able to have the crew repair (rather than a 3rd party unit).

So that is intentional huh? Relic :foreveralone:

Assault engineers can charge great at the beginning, but later in the game, charge with your rifles THEN bring the AE w/flamer. Unless the other player force fires, the troops will target the (somewhat) beefier rifles and the AE will be free to engage and wreck havoc.

Every player with at least a brain will first attack the flamer assault engineers, focus fire them down, which takes about 2 seconds before they need to retreat :bananadance:

Major's ability is to unlock tanks, not be a forward trooper. He's support. Retreat point, recon plane, arty and smoke comes from him as part of that supporting role. Also remember, as he vets up (just being near the fight), he can lock a capture point. If you really want him in the fight, he can upgrade to a BAR or whatever.

His ability is to unlock tanks huh? So I spend 120 fuel to get tanks but am stuck with a unit that takes op pop cap and adds to my manpower income decrease for the sake of providing a recon run, an artillery strike that takes 5 years to come down and fake smoke \ -_- /
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★