Login

russian armor

Current State of Balance

28 Sep 2015, 08:12 AM

True on the Ez8 vs Pz4. Except when you're going OKW Pz4, then it's pretty easy, since the Ez8 got some more trouble to penetrare the armour.

I tested that too, the results were 12:6 in favor of the Easy Eight. The extra 80HP was often the cause of the Ausf. J's demise, about half the E8's were left with it.
28 Sep 2015, 08:27 AM

Permanently Banned
Ost p4 is overpriced fuel wise, okw p4 is in a nice spot, remember that it can get to vet 5
28 Sep 2015, 08:55 AM

My problem currently is that the German reaction phase is too strong again.
I mean that as Germans you always simply have to react, especially against the Brits.
You have to counter the UC, Centaur, Emplacements, etc...
Your whole playstyle depends on your opponent and I find this some kind of sad.
28 Sep 2015, 09:12 AM

I tested that too, the results were 12:6 in favor of the Easy Eight. The extra 80HP was often the cause of the Ausf. J's demise, about half the E8's were left with it.

Ever used 3x +5% armour for the Pz4. That resulted for me 7:1 win for Pz4.
28 Sep 2015, 09:21 AM

My problem currently is that the German reaction phase is too strong again.
I mean that as Germans you always simply have to react, especially against the Brits.
You have to counter the UC, Centaur, Emplacements, etc...
Your whole playstyle depends on your opponent and I find this some kind of sad.

This is indeed true and unfortunat. As for axis you can never create your own playstyle, since you're waiting on the units and doctrine the opponent will go. Allies have an easier time with this.
28 Sep 2015, 09:43 AM

I think the balance issues on Allied side are restricted just to british faction (not a surprise, the faction is young and made for money on a pay-to-win engine :D).

Centaur needs a little bit of nerf, commandos need rework, churchills still have issues balancewise. Also there are some abilities like Air Supremacy which are totaly broken against OKW faction. On the other hand, British arty kinda' sucks.

I think if Relic will work some more on the british side, things will be better eventualy.

With the ISG, there is a serious problem. I don't see a nerf without doing something about the allied base infantry wich was seriously buffed or without doing something about volks at least if not grens also.
Alternatively, instead fixing volks/grens, for OKW the MG34 should be better in some way (quicker supress or serious damage buff) and for grens G43s should be a viable upgrade.
28 Sep 2015, 09:43 AM

Permanently Banned

Ever used 3x +5% armour for the Pz4. That resulted for me 7:1 win for Pz4.

What if you don't have these bulletins?
28 Sep 2015, 09:46 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I think the balance is in a pretty good state. LeIG and Pack Howie are overpowered now. A squad that isn't in cover gets instantly pinned (!) by a single shot. I like that they are not useless anymore, but they need to get toned down some. Shouldn't be too hard but when a change might actually happen is anyone's guess :foreveralone:

I don't know crap about the Brits, but I fear and loath new things so my instinct is to say that they should be deleted forever :snfCHVGame:
28 Sep 2015, 10:18 AM

What if you don't have these bulletins?

Then you've a decent tank. If you have those bulletins, you have a great overall tank with 25 less armour then a stock panther.
28 Sep 2015, 10:33 AM

http://coh2chart.com/
Check 1v1 or 2v2 win ratio. End of fucking Story.
No seriously, I started 1v1 as USF last week because I was bored. That were my first 10 games as USF in 1v1 ever. Got placed 300ish without riflecompany and without any indepth idea of what I am even doing.
The "Axis are OP in lategame" was maybe true in coh1, but it isnt in coh2. Especially with the Brits hitting the field. The Soviets have better very Heavys then Ost, the scaling thing was customized in the last 2years so that grens are by far not the best core infantry in late and if you keep in mind that there are still so many one-shooters that eat 4-man squads alive it is just ridiculous.
tl;dr: As axis u need to outplay an equally skilled opponent hard to have a chance to win.
28 Sep 2015, 12:25 PM

Permanently Banned

Then you've a decent tank. If you have those bulletins, you have a great overall tank with 25 less armour then a stock panther.

Time to get those bulletins then
28 Sep 2015, 12:35 PM

Time to get those bulletins then

If you meet me and I'm playing OKW those are my standard love factors. 2x Pz4 is even more fun :D
28 Sep 2015, 12:43 PM

Permanently Banned

If you meet me and I'm playing OKW those are my standard love factors. 2x Pz4 is even more fun :D

So so so so they triple stack :)?
28 Sep 2015, 12:47 PM

Yep, if you've 3 you get 264,75 --> 265 armour. Stock panther has 290 armour. Ez8's got 180 penetration so 180/265 = 0.679 = 68% to penetrate each shot.
28 Sep 2015, 13:09 PM

Allies are more powerfull in the early game, but Axis in the late game.

This "struggle" kinda rapidly switches side.

Also, have you tried bunkering down with 2x/2x Leigs in 2v2s? Its a ludicrous strategy that doesnt have any real counter other than building the US pack howie.

Not if its the soviets. Watched so many players follow Barton's lead and build multiple KV-8s which continually wiped Pak and Raketen walls and they were backed up by their own Zis guns. IS-2 sometimes delivered the coúp de grace.

I do love the new conscript vet three durability buff. They can actually scale in late game now it they can hit vet three.

There are many small tweaks needed but this tournament I saw more unit types than ever which was really cool to see.
28 Sep 2015, 13:11 PM

Reduce wipes from explosions, remove demo charges or just give them timer like paratroopers demo have, LeIG and Pak howi should only fire as normal artillery (barrage like static howitzer), Cenatur, Croco, T-34/76, KV-8... Etc
28 Sep 2015, 13:13 PM

The game is becoming more fun as it's more balanced then ever.

USA still need more options to play with (not more power,but more options). Need Jeep !

Soviet last changes made it balanced, but we now see nearly the same units on the board. (where are the T-34/76 ?) soviet way to tech lead to do always the same build or you put yourself in jeopardy. I need to be addressed.

Brits don't have basic infantry play. That not but fun enough.

OKW need more options, so it won't need to spam LeiG.

OST need the motocycle+ hmg sidecar.

Thanks.
28 Sep 2015, 13:22 PM

In my opinion Axis didn't get any buffs, where as the allies only got buffed. Axis currently is underperfoming. Even with the same amount of tanks brits punch through it. Allies got strong early game, strong mid game and even late game. Where as axis has to try to defend and keep it's spot to hope to make a spearhead.

You are correct other than a scatter buff for the Panzerwerfer which was very needed. That and an LeIG support gun range buff. Other than that they nerfed OP but needed mortar and sniper for Ost and made Soviet infantry more durable so the SU v Ost match up is a nightmare for Germans right now. Since massive Sept 15 patch I'm 5-0 as SU vs Ost and I don't think it's entirely related to better play although my play has certainly improved.
28 Sep 2015, 13:24 PM

it's more balanced then ever.

It was more balanced than ever before british faction was launched. Now, the balance is a total mess with broken units on both sides, especially on allied side (if we referring to numbers).

Play axis sometimes, it's harder now and good for improve your overall game skills. Just sayin'.
28 Sep 2015, 13:25 PM

You are correct other than a scatter buff for the Panzerwerfer which was very needed. That and an LeIG support gun range buff. Other than that they nerfed OP but needed mortar and sniper for Ost and made Soviet infantry more durable so the SU v Ost match up is a nightmare for Germans right now. Since massive Sept 15 patch I'm 5-0 as SU vs Ost and I don't think it's entirely related to better play although my play has certainly improved.

Those buffs were needed indeed. But currently it's so goddamn hard. And I'm not a bad player (atleast that's what I think Kappa)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★