Login

russian armor

Any reason to get the MG over flame on Universal Carrier?

23 Sep 2015, 08:42 AM

I've been toying around with the UC since it gives huge vision against snipers now. I've been upgrading to the MG since it comes out a bit faster and I reason I can chase a sniper down with it better.

But honestly, the DPS upgrade seems small, and the suppression ability has short range, so your carrier moves forward, which puts you into faust range.

Is it ever worth going MG over flame?
23 Sep 2015, 08:47 AM

Not a single one.

If vickers K had suppression mechanic like Kubel, it would maybe be worth it.

If it had AP rounds like in coh1 maybe it would be worth it.

Otherwise, WASP is greatly superior to it, even though you'll set building on fire before killing squad inside with it.
23 Sep 2015, 08:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 08:47 AMKatitof
Not a single one.

Otherwise, WASP is greatly superior to it, even though you'll set building on fire before killing squad inside with it.

This is what I thought (and feared). Thanks.

I remember one of the balance devs on stream trying to make a case for it, but from experience it absolutely does seem inferior in every way.
23 Sep 2015, 08:52 AM

Well, to be honest Ive managed to use vickers upgrade few times with nice effect.

First of all this upgrade + IS + HMG let you counter 222 without sniper/bofors/at gun while WASP requires at least sniper to damage it.

Second thing, on open maps where there arent many buildings, vickers might be good option to kite infantry.

I was able to achieve 15/11/19 kills with vickers upgrade on Crossing woods.

Still WASP is better but Vickers is safer way agasint OST rushing 222.

With HMG support, Bren with Vicker is shredding poor volks.
23 Sep 2015, 09:16 AM

I use the MG upgrade frequently, it does enough damage, the ability PINS super fast and its nice to support your troops when the enemy tries to push.

On maps with a lot of green cover and buildings I upgrade to the WASP. On open maps, like moscow I upgrade to the vickers. It helps also a lot against snipers.
23 Sep 2015, 09:20 AM

Vickers if you are hunting Snipers. Bren and Vickers have modifiers against Snipers that make them better at chasing them. The Wasp is actually worse against Snipers because flames have bad movement accuracy.
23 Sep 2015, 23:19 PM

Vickers if you are hunting Snipers. Bren and Vickers have modifiers against Snipers that make them better at chasing them. The Wasp is actually worse against Snipers because flames have bad movement accuracy.

Bad accuracy when moving correct? I believe they add that to all flaming vehicles, is that true? They were trying to stop people from wiping re treating squads with such ease. I can't remember if they gave a buff against flame damage on retreat or just made moving flame worse
23 Sep 2015, 23:32 PM
23 Sep 2015, 23:34 PM

Bad accuracy when moving correct? I believe they add that to all flaming vehicles, is that true? They were trying to stop people from wiping re treating squads with such ease. I can't remember if they gave a buff against flame damage on retreat or just made moving flame worse

Yes, the moving accuracy is terrible on all flame weapons.
23 Sep 2015, 23:39 PM

The Vickers ability should just be that it gives it suppression like the kubel for, what, 20 seconds for about 30 munitions.
24 Sep 2015, 00:33 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2015, 08:47 AMKatitof
Not a single one.

i doubt it; it takes about 5 minutes to burn a building down now.
24 Sep 2015, 03:46 AM

vickers would be my go to if you didn't vet up so slowly with the upgrade. wasp vets up so fast and that's one of the reasons i go for it but it really is a map dependent upgrade.

The surpression mechanic seems a little buggy. sometimes it won't fire off the volley and other times the UC will drive right into the enemy blob.
24 Sep 2015, 07:38 AM

i doubt it; it takes about 5 minutes to burn a building down now.

For infantry flamer maybe, whatever can leave a flame DoT makes a short work of ambient building.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 19

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight