Bans and Maplist discussion thread

19 Sep 2015, 12:14 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

The rules have been updated.

We are updating the rules with this important information:

Open Qualifier Banned Units, Abilities, and Commanders

Banned Unit:
The British Forces Vickers MG. This unit is bugged in such a way that it cannot be used normally without exploiting the advantage given by the bug. If you build this unit, and your opponent requests adjudication against you, you will be disqualified.

Banned Ability:
Using a British Forces glider to crush and destroy and OKW truck is considered an exploit. If you do this, and your opponent requests adjudication against you, you will be disqualified.

Banned Commanders:
Soviets Partisans
USF Rifle Company
The British Forces Special Weapons Regiment (Croc)
The British Forces Vanguard Operations (Croc)
Wehrmacht Elite Troops

If you select one of these commanders in-game, and your opponent requests adjudication against you, you will be disqualified.

*note: these bans are for the Open Qualifier Tournament only. They will be re-evaluated after the September 21 (or 22nd) Hotfix, before The Main Event.

Open Qualification Maps

Round-of-512: Arnhem Checkpoint Best-of-1 (if necessary)
Round-of-256: Angoville Farms Best-of-1
Round-of-128: Kholodny Summer Best-of-3
Round-of-64: Semoskiy Winter (new) Best-of-3
Round-of-32: Arnhem Checkpoint Best-of-3
Round-of-16: Angoville Farms Best-of-3

Main Event Map Pool

1) Angoville
2) Arnhem Checkpoint
3) Kholodny Summer
4) Semoskiy Winter (new: deep snow reduced)
5) Langreskaya (new: VPs centralized)
6) Faymonville Approach
7) Crossing in the Woods

Feel free to discuss this update here. :) GL HF players, we hope for a great and sportsmanlike tournament! :thumb:
19 Sep 2015, 12:38 PM

You should also ban purposedly decrewing your own team weapons with friendly fire, there are extremely few legitimate reasons to do this, but plenty of exploits with decrewed team weapons getting stacked bonuses from a large number of abilities and veterancy bonuses.
19 Sep 2015, 12:43 PM

Hi Ami,

thanks for staying at the toes of possible exploits to make this tounrey as enjoyable as possible.

Appreaciate your effort and shame on Relic´s testing division :-).

However stripping x popular commanders from the tourney isn´t really fun but necessary at this point.

Good luck everyone this weekend and enjoy yourselves.
19 Sep 2015, 13:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 12:38 PMCruzz
You should also ban purposedly decrewing your own team weapons with friendly fire, there are extremely few legitimate reasons to do this, but plenty of exploits with decrewed team weapons getting stacked bonuses from a large number of abilities and veterancy bonuses.

Cruzz is still stuart bug with stun shock real or the fixed it ? (i cant find it in changelog)
19 Sep 2015, 13:40 PM

Why don't you just ban the vickers exploit instead of taking one of the most basic units of the brits out of the game ? This is a completely ridiculous decision.
Banning Rifle Company just because it's strong ? It hasn't even been tested yet. If you go by that logic (banning stuff not because it's game breaking but because it's strong) you'd have to ban a lot of other commanders/units too and you never know where to stop. In the end it would be German Infantry vs NKVD only.

The map pool is awful too. No Langres ? The even more campy angoville with its all or nothing cut off houses twice ? Semoskiy winter for some nice 10 minute stomps ? Maybe you should have considered using at least some maps that don't favor Rifle Company instead of banning it ?

Edit: Just wanted to add that this isn't supposed to attack any of the Coh2 Staff members. I just want OCF to be as good as possible ;)

19 Sep 2015, 13:47 PM

Banning the Vickers is just ridiculous. You might aswel just remove British Forces from the available armies for the torny. They can't fight without the Vickers, they're more dependant on it than the Wehr.

This torny is screwed before it even began because of Relic. I said before and before that there should be an official balance patch developed by the community for this torny. Relying on Relic is never the option to take, and now we have a literally destroyed allied army because of it.
19 Sep 2015, 14:06 PM
Patrion 14

Cruzz is still stuart bug with stun shock real or the fixed it ? (i cant find it in changelog)

If you're referring to the bug that allows you to get the stuart to always use the stun rounds, then yes, it's still in the game. It's tricky to do however and if you use the ability again it will fix it.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 13:47 PMpugzii
Banning the Vickers is just ridiculous. You might aswel just remove British Forces from the available armies for the torny. They can't fight without the Vickers, they're more dependant on it than the Wehr.

This torny is screwed before it even began because of Relic. I said before and before that there should be an official balance patch developed by the community for this torny. Relying on Relic is never the option to take, and now we have a literally destroyed allied army because of it.

I don't know why they wouldn't ask Cruzzi to fix it. He probably would have a mod fixing it in an hour or so.
19 Sep 2015, 14:18 PM

Could the vicker be fixed with mod? Oh never mind, it might be too late for making a mod.
19 Sep 2015, 14:19 PM

Rilfe Company
Vickers
some doctrins of the british banned

So in my opinion Relic broke the tourney before it even begun, im annoyed and sad at the same time. Was expecting such a cool Tourney but i thing nobody will play USF because 1 important doctrin is banned and without a vickers and 2 doctrins Brits are also in a really bad use for a tourney. :gimpy::megusta:
19 Sep 2015, 14:35 PM

i think brits will be fine the major probelm will be ban of rifle company because many people are akin to that commander and yeah i agree a quick mod by cruzzi will suffice
19 Sep 2015, 14:56 PM

Bugs are real, but what's the point of removing the only viable blob control brits have? Might aswell just ban the faction so noone gets suicidal thoughts after playing them.

19 Sep 2015, 15:15 PM

I'd replace arnhem with langres
19 Sep 2015, 15:24 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

What GiaA said! Disappointed.
19 Sep 2015, 15:29 PM

Why not ban the offending units/abilities (Partisans, Veteran Riflemen / M2 Flamethrowers, Crocodile, etc) rather than banning entire commanders as a blanket?
19 Sep 2015, 16:13 PM

I think banning whole commanders is so lame. Who cares if crocodile, vet 1 rifles, tiger ace and troop training is OP? Just ban units, dont ban whole commanders! If you forget bans and use some of those abilites its your fault that you didnt read the rules. If we are going for it, just ban volksgrenadiers because their nade is op. Better ban ISG too, its too op. :snfPeter: And CAS.

And British without Vickers? Brits without vickers is nothing Dont know so much about the bug, but cant you just ban abusing the bug?
19 Sep 2015, 16:19 PM

I think banning things for tomorrow that are set to be fixed with a patch the day after is really fine.

These things are stuff that Relic recognize is bad, now they couldn't fix it until monday so the tournament directors have opted to exclude it. Whats wrong with that? Everyone knows its broken.
19 Sep 2015, 16:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 16:13 PMl4hti
I think banning whole commanders is so lame. Who cares if crocodile, vet 1 rifles, tiger ace and troop training is OP? Just ban units, dont ban whole commanders! If you forget bans and use some of those abilites its your fault that you didnt read the rules. If we are going for it, just ban volksgrenadiers because their nade is op. Better ban ISG too, its too op. :snfPeter: And CAS.

And British without Vickers? Brits without vickers is nothing Dont know so much about the bug, but cant you just ban abusing the bug?

good idea. allow vickers, but you may never set it up or put it into a house.
19 Sep 2015, 16:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2015, 16:13 PMl4hti

The problem is that the bug triggers so easily that it can happen unintentionally. For the "On Me!" bug and the puma aimed shot bugs, you at least had to try to make them happen most of the time.

Anyway, these rules only apply to tomorrow's games. These issues are supposed to be fixed by next weekend's games.
19 Sep 2015, 17:49 PM

The problem is that the bug triggers so easily that it can happen unintentionally. For the "On Me!" bug and the puma aimed shot bugs, you at least had to try to make them happen most of the time.

Anyway, these rules only apply to tomorrow's games. These issues are supposed to be fixed by next weekend's games.

Why didn't you guys make a rule that vickers are not allowed to be put into buildings ? Because without vickers you might as well ban brits as a faction as some people have already said. It's almost like saying USF isn't allowed to use Rifles or something along these lines :P I mean with the rules we see here the chances of someone playing british in the tourney are pretty much zero. However it probably doesn't really matter anyways because no one was going to play brits in the first place. What concerns me way more is the maplist. Because the mappool right now will make for very short games. There won't be a lot of epic 30min+ games which is what most casters want to see.

I also don't understand the reasoning behind banning Rifle Company do you have insight on that CH ?
19 Sep 2015, 17:57 PM

I have to agree with you guys on the vicker. Without the vicker Brits are easily being rushed. Or not in building or no brits in total
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★