Login

russian armor

OCF games start just 2-3 days after the new patch

16 Sep 2015, 09:41 AM

Imo the tournament should be moved with atleast a week so people can get used to the new patch.
This might cause serius advantages for people who can play the game before the tournament with the new patch, but if someone doesn't have the time to play (eg they're busy with irl stuff) they will not have any knowledge about new strats etc

Give some opinions about this :foreveralone:
16 Sep 2015, 10:09 AM

I'm not in the tournament so don't take my opinion seriously, but I think it's good. If some people don't have enough time to play the game in 2-3 days prior to the beginning and practice for the tournament, chances are they are not going up the ladder. So...

On the other hand, we will have the chance to see some new strats in OCF because the meta is going to change, specially for USF.
16 Sep 2015, 10:15 AM

Such a large scale tournament can't be moved unfortunately.
16 Sep 2015, 10:16 AM

the ""majority"" of changes which come with the patch are going to balance OP units (church, bofors, sniper) and take other units in right place lik ePanzerwerfer so the abuse-tactics wont work that good anymore and to get in there in 2-3 days is enough i think... its not like the changes of tech structure in last patch and a new PWerfer meta is not expected :foreveralone:
16 Sep 2015, 10:18 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

The tournament will happen as planned. I recommend that players get a sparring partner and play the balance preview mod :D
16 Sep 2015, 10:56 AM

Just let it start on the 20th, enough time for the big boys!
16 Sep 2015, 11:17 AM

I'm mostly just worried about Ostheer vs USF. Riflemen got a huge buff against Grenadiers, Sherman got a buff against Panzer IV, and the Easy Eight is now Panther Lite™.
16 Sep 2015, 11:27 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

The dates stay as they are. :)
16 Sep 2015, 11:41 AM

I'm mostly just worried about Ostheer vs USF. Riflemen got a huge buff against Grenadiers, Sherman got a buff against Panzer IV, and the Easy Eight is now Panther Lite™.

Nothing really changes in early game(bars buffed on the move only, rifles at vet3, mg42 stays the same) and USF T3 is now on the level of ost T3, you can still get cheap stugs if EZ-8s seem to much of a challenge for P4s and P4 will still best sherman, get it to vet2 and its just as one sided match up as it was before.

Sprice games vs Hans aren't really an indicator of anything, sprice isn't really well known for playing meta and blob>dispersed units is not a new thing.
16 Sep 2015, 13:04 PM

Ninja changes and multiple bugs (as always) are going to be fun to watch during the tournament
16 Sep 2015, 13:13 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2015, 13:04 PMBlalord
Ninja changes and multiple bugs (as always) are going to be fun to watch during the tournament
16 Sep 2015, 15:00 PM
Donator 11

I think it'll make for a great tournament - I'd much rather see top players bust out new strategies to top each other than the stale 1v1 meta of the current patch. Also, nothing in the changes seems to indicate major OP'ness, quite the contrary in fact. My guess is that no one will touch brits outside of maybe the first round, but I guess that is to be expected with a new faction.
16 Sep 2015, 15:12 PM

People have had many weeks to play the balance mod. There's not much of an excuse for not being accustomed to it at this point.

Some things are a little silly (tiger range buff) but overall the changes are good. Except poor Brits... Probably gonna be the weakest next patch.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★