Login

russian armor

Bring back the Kangaroo!

16 Sep 2015, 04:06 AM

There is usually a lot of disagreement regarding balance and gameplay mechanics. The forums are swamped with Brits are OP threads followed by Brits need a buff threads. But I think we can all agree that we miss the lovely little rough and tumble Kangaroo.

Ahhhh, the fond memories of my Tiger tank getting swarmed by Piat wielding engineers tucked in the comfy quarters of the Roo. Kill one? Not a problem, two more take its place. The cost of a Stuart with the armor of a PIV and the speed of a Sherman. What are the Brits supposed to do now? Ride on the back of their Churchills like peasants? Have their Cromwells absorb the AT punishment? It what civil world do we live in that we can't have Kangaroos.

Relic, bring her back. She belongs to the people.

Signed,
The People
16 Sep 2015, 04:34 AM

As a proud 'straylian I support this.

We need a ANZAC commander as well even though by 45 their were very few Aussie's fighting in Europe mainly in the RAAF.

Inb4 Aussie CAS commander with Kangaroo carriers and Diggers.

(Yes I know it was designed by Canada but I can dream!)
16 Sep 2015, 04:35 AM

We need a ANZAC commander as well even though by 45 their were very few Aussie's fighting in Europe mainly in the RAAF.

With Sentinel Tanks, Beauforts and infantry buffs :P
16 Sep 2015, 04:42 AM

Glorious 2 Pounder Main gun XD
16 Sep 2015, 04:50 AM
Patrion 14

I'm sorry, I don't like Cancer with my tea. :sibToxic:
16 Sep 2015, 05:23 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Haha. I came to COH after the Kangaroo had been nerfed into the ground, so I didn't have to experience the horrors of Roo spam.

Maybe we will finally get Kolaris' Roo Deployment System :snfCHVGame:
16 Sep 2015, 05:27 AM

Yes and I guess you want that abomination in its initial vCoh prenerfed form, when it rided the base with mounted units killing left and right with no worries because it was verry fast and verry thick thick. Right?
16 Sep 2015, 06:13 AM

How about a Commonwealth Commander?

0CP - Canadian Infantry (like soviet guards, 5 men, can upgrade to M1 bazooka)
3CP - Gurkha Elite Infantry (similar to obers, 4 men, has "oorah" style ability)
4CP - Assault (modified to work on commonwealth infantry)
8CP - Mortar Cover
12CP-RAAF Air Assault (Precision Bombing run, followed by combined Rocket / MG strafe)
16 Sep 2015, 06:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2015, 05:27 AMJohnnyB
Yes and I guess you want that abomination in its initial vCoh prenerfed form, when it rided the base with mounted units killing left and right with no worries because it was verry fast and verry thick thick. Right?

That's the only Roo I know. It was never nerfed. It just kept riding onto Berlin killing all in its path. Some little buck toothed cousin came to take its place in the front lines.
16 Sep 2015, 07:27 AM

That's the only Roo I know. It was never nerfed. It just kept riding onto Berlin killing all in its path. Some little buck toothed cousin came to take its place in the front lines.

Nah, it was nerfed at one time, armor and speed decrease and brit players were beginning to fail with their base rides. I clearly remember that from vCoh.
16 Sep 2015, 09:12 AM

How about a Commonwealth Commander?

0CP - Canadian Infantry (like soviet guards, 5 men, can upgrade to M1 bazooka)
3CP - Gurkha Elite Infantry (similar to obers, 4 men, has "oorah" style ability)
4CP - Assault (modified to work on commonwealth infantry)
8CP - Mortar Cover
12CP-RAAF Air Assault (Precision Bombing run, followed by combined Rocket / MG strafe)

It would be an awesome doctrine. Hopefully we'll get it if they ever decide to thrw more commanders in... OKW and USF are still waiting for half the commanders that Ost/Sov hsve.

back on topic, The Roo would be an interesting and unique vehicle but I have to wonder if it would really add anything to the Brits. If it is added I hope it isn't as cheap and spammable as in CoH 1.
16 Sep 2015, 09:24 AM

Kangaroo would be great but as long as the infantry inside don't receive the green cover/garrison cover reload bonus. Otherwise it'd just be a carrier of death like in CoH1.
16 Sep 2015, 09:49 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

One of the many pleasant surprises of the alpha, was to trawl through and note that this horrible caricature had vanished into oblivion. :)
16 Sep 2015, 10:02 AM

16 Sep 2015, 11:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2015, 09:24 AMSpin
Kangaroo would be great but as long as the infantry inside don't receive the green cover/garrison cover reload bonus. Otherwise it'd just be a carrier of death like in CoH1.

There's a reason they can't shoot out of the Universal Carrier :P
16 Sep 2015, 11:10 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

There's a reason they can't shoot out of the Universal Carrier :P

The phrase "bren in bren" come back to haunt one....:(
16 Sep 2015, 11:57 AM
Donator 11

Roos? Oh my... all the hatelove memories.... :)
16 Sep 2015, 12:24 PM

Permanently Banned
I remember it at launch of OF. It was pure cancer, could hardly be killed. The most horrifying strategy of them all was to put the captain in it, drive to wehr base and use the ability "fall back to captain's position". All the piat infantry and bren squads togheter with lieutenant would rush the wehr base with a "retreat".

Gg
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS