Login

russian armor

Give Panzergrenadiers Toggle Panzerschreks Ability

nee
13 Sep 2015, 13:05 PM

I've come to agree that swapping panzerschrecks with MP44s wouldn't be a good idea- besides the decision-making behind weapon upgrades, you also have Grenadiers with LMG to deal with infantry threats anyhow, if not also other units. Panzergrenadiers are basically Ostheer's short-ranged AI infantry/ AT infantry, if you're really hurting for the anti-infantry part you can always resort to grenadiers or even another squad of PGrens.
13 Sep 2015, 13:19 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Voted no. I like the fact that you can make an anti infantry unit in a dedicated anti tank squad. There should be more decision making like this ingame, not less. I dont like alrounder squads who can take on both vehicles and infantry. Love the rock-paper-scissors mechanic.
nee
14 Sep 2015, 00:33 AM

I'd like to add that rather than Panzergrenadiers, IMO Stormtroopers should be able to swap- being doctrinal as well as more situational, this unit also uses Mauser rifles instead of MP44s. I recall you also can't buy both upgrades, so you either get a super AI unit, or a grenadier with panzerschreck. Being costly, doctrinal and spawn behind front lines, swapping one panzerscrheck to give the squad one extra bolt action rifle is far less controversial than swapping two for assault rifles.
14 Sep 2015, 01:19 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2015, 00:33 AMnee
I'd like to add that rather than Panzergrenadiers, IMO Stormtroopers should be able to swap- being doctrinal as well as more situational, this unit also uses Mauser rifles instead of MP44s. I recall you also can't buy both upgrades, so you either get a super AI unit, or a grenadier with panzerschreck. Being costly, doctrinal and spawn behind front lines, swapping one panzerscrheck to give the squad one extra bolt action rifle is far less controversial than swapping two for assault rifles.

Yeah, that sounds like a pretty legit suggestion to me.
14 Sep 2015, 03:17 AM

At first I liked the idea, but the arguments of a lot of people who voted no make much sense. I keep thinking, however, with all the content that came over the years, how much of a elite troops is left with the PG's. Sure, they are awesome with their SMG's, have some nice RA bonus, and have a great grenade. But other troops have some more abilities, like Obers or falls, or even pfussies. At least their reinforce is coming down a little.
14 Sep 2015, 03:22 AM

I voted yes. This game has changed a lot since the initial launch and this appears to be a bit of 'old school' thinking.
nee
14 Sep 2015, 03:27 AM

At first I liked the idea, but the arguments of a lot of people who voted no make much sense. I keep thinking, however, with all the content that came over the years, how much of a elite troops is left with the PG's.
I never saw Pgrens as "elite". Especially seeing as they are T2 infantry, whereas Fallschirmjaegers and Obers are pretty late into the game, even if you rush 400 MP and flakHQ.
14 Sep 2015, 03:45 AM

I voted yes by accident, I misunderstood the question and thought we were voting to give them Prioritize Vehicle :romeoHairDay:
14 Sep 2015, 03:52 AM

Are PzGrens elite, or are they in between line and elite? Where do you draw the line on elite?

Ostruppen
REs
Cons/Volks
Grens
Penals
Rifles
IS
Fusiliers
PzGrens
Stormtroopers
Partisans
Falls
Guards
Paratroopers
Shocks
Obers
Commandos
14 Sep 2015, 04:31 AM

They were elite at launch, or so I remember. They are still pretty good.
14 Sep 2015, 04:33 AM

Are PzGrens elite, or are they in between line and elite? Where do you draw the line on elite?

Ostruppen
REs
Cons/Volks
Grens
Penals
Rifles
IS
Fusiliers
PzGrens
Stormtroopers
Partisans
Falls
Guards
Paratroopers
Shocks
Obers
Commandos

RE's are pretty elite. They build a lot of stuff, can get some weapons, get some grenade launcher at the fighting position, can make traps, wires, cost like shit and are spammable :P
14 Sep 2015, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2015, 13:19 PMluvnest
Voted no. I like the fact that you can make an anti infantry unit in a dedicated anti tank squad. There should be more decision making like this ingame, not less. I dont like alrounder squads who can take on both vehicles and infantry. Love the rock-paper-scissors mechanic.

What about the Prioritize Vehicles option, Luv?
14 Sep 2015, 17:56 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

What about the Prioritize Vehicles option, Luv?

sure that would definitely come in handy
14 Sep 2015, 17:59 PM

But what about Rangers?
14 Sep 2015, 18:02 PM

AT or AI, make a choice. U can't have a super Anti-Everything squad.
14 Sep 2015, 18:08 PM
Donator 11

+1 for the prioritize vehicle toggle on AT squads. No to the rest of the idea, hate the notion of jack-of-all trades counter-everything unit
13 Oct 2015, 06:34 AM

13 Oct 2015, 07:51 AM

No, I don't think so. When you chose to upgrade your PGs you are making a choice and you have to live with that choice. Anti-everything units - another thing that I hate and that, for instance, brits have quite alot. So no, I won't agree to your proposal, OP. But they need to perform better against infantry, in general. Because if you chose NOT to upgrade them, you need to feel that it wasn't a bad choice. Currently I can't imagine a reason for which you shouldn't upgrade them with shrecks. It's not an expensive upgrade for 2 shrecks. In fact, it's a deal.
13 Oct 2015, 08:35 AM

if they remove teh medkit anility at vet 1 and replace it with a faust like on normal grens , pgrens could become awesome .
an awesome AT squad on vet1 with shreks, and a strong general purpose infantry section without the shrek upgrade , PROBLEM SOLVED
13 Oct 2015, 17:39 PM

yes, but you can only switch weapon in HQ.

otherwise the pzgren will become too flexible. The player must decide whether to use them in anti tank or anti-infantry mode.

Yep. I voted no. Now if you added some type of limit such as only switching in base plus either A. Reinforcement cost increase B. Big munition cost for this upstage like 180 munitions because Ostheer use munitions so much for upgrading their infantry it wouldn't allow them both all star everything PG plus LMG grenadier.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 19
United States 21
unknown 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak