Login

russian armor

The upcoming USF early game nerf

DeC
11 Sep 2015, 02:27 AM

With the recent changes to RM received accuracy and the bar %100 fastercooldown buffs, and possible pershing DOC, i believe their early game is going to get nerfed massively. RM moving penalty should be higher, including their moving accuracy as well as their moving cooldown.
11 Sep 2015, 02:41 AM

Those changes happened because the recent changes made them bleed manpower like crazy. Their late game is still lackluster too, even with these changes. Not to mention nerfing non-doctrinal units because of an addition of doctrine is stupid. Especially one we know nothing about.

Besides USF early game isn't all it's cracked up to be. Proper MG usage will still shut them down pretty easily.
11 Sep 2015, 02:46 AM
Donator 11

I think people are overestimating how much a possible heavy tank call in, a survivability buff to rifles, and some rocket artillery will improve USF late game.

Will it help? Yes. Will it throw the entire CoH2 universe off balance? Unlikely.
11 Sep 2015, 03:22 AM

Those changes happened because the recent changes made them bleed manpower like crazy. Their late game is still lackluster too, even with these changes. Not to mention nerfing non-doctrinal units because of an addition of doctrine is stupid. Especially one we know nothing about.

Besides USF early game isn't all it's cracked up to be. Proper MG usage will still shut them down pretty easily.

What recent changes made USF bleed more? I must not be remembering something. I must be out of the loop, because I'm not even sure what you're talking about when you say non-doctrinal units got nerfed becasue of mysterious new doctrines.
11 Sep 2015, 03:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 03:22 AMKothre
What recent changes made USF bleed more? I must not be remembering something. I must be out of the loop, because I'm not even sure what you're talking about when you say non-doctrinal units got nerfed becasue of mysterious new doctrines.

Rifle vet mostly. The M2 is still broken unfortunately.
DeC
11 Sep 2015, 03:28 AM

@Robbie_Rotten: This RTS is designed around asymmetrical balance. If a faction has a strong early game (RM yolo rush smoke/mk2, stuart/m20), strong mid game (cheap TD m10, upcoming bar/zook blob) , and possibly strong late game then it's going against the whole concept behind the design. SU and OKW are kinda broken and powerful at all phases of a match, do we need to break another faction?

IMO UKF is the best designed faction out of all, high risk and high reward. Wins are actually rewarding and enjoyable and losses are the result of your strategic mistakes with your emplacements etc.
11 Sep 2015, 04:04 AM

I thought rifle vet was buffed, not nerfed. How will that make USF bleed more? Correct me if I'm wrong.
11 Sep 2015, 06:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 03:22 AMKothre

Generally the buff to MGs, sniper buffs, and wharmacht teching getting cheaper. I'm talking about a few patches ago before brits when USF manpower bleed got bad.

And I was referring to OP when he suggested nerfing USF early game because they were getting a doctrine with Pershing.
11 Sep 2015, 07:25 AM

USF early game already being destroyed by hmg42, sniper and lmg grenadiers.
11 Sep 2015, 07:46 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 03:28 AMDeC
@Robbie_Rotten: This RTS is designed around asymmetrical balance. If a faction has a strong early game (RM yolo rush smoke/mk2, stuart/m20), strong mid game (cheap TD m10, upcoming bar/zook blob) , and possibly strong late game then it's going against the whole concept behind the design. SU and OKW are kinda broken and powerful at all phases of a match, do we need to break another faction?

IMO UKF is the best designed faction out of all, high risk and high reward. Wins are actually rewarding and enjoyable and losses are the result of your strategic mistakes with your emplacements etc.

It is 2015 now
11 Sep 2015, 09:01 AM

Oh, okay. That makes more sense. I thought you guys were referring to direct changes to USF.
DeC
11 Sep 2015, 13:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 07:25 AMNEVEC
USF early game already being destroyed by hmg42, .... lmg ...

lmg42 is not an early game upgrade, HMG42 can be smoked and stolen.
11 Sep 2015, 13:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 13:02 PMDeC

lmg42 is not an early game upgrade, HMG42 can be smoked and stolen.

3rd min upgrade is not early game upgrade now? When early game ends for you? 2nd minute?

If biggest disadvantage of HMG42 is the possibility of it being stolen, this says something about its cost efficiency.
11 Sep 2015, 13:12 PM

Even with the changes, their late game is not going to be that strong, even their late mid game will still probably be lacking. I feel their early game is all they have going for them but even this can be shut down and if you manage that I feel like games just snowball in your favor from there.

That being said usf are still a pretty good faction especially in 1v1 and hopefully these changes can bring them up to par even more.
11 Sep 2015, 13:45 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 03:28 AMDeC

A small change to riflemen to make them viable past 15 minutes is not giving them an insane late game advantage.

A heavy tank, which Axis has more than enough AT to deal with, will not grant an unfair advantage.

Seriously? One call in and a buff to survivability is going to break a faction. Now i've read everything.:snfPeter:
11 Sep 2015, 14:01 PM

People are forgetting US armour has seen some pretty solid buffs over the last few patches (Stuart, Jackson, M10 buff, HE sherman buff, E8 health buff) meanwhile Ost and Soviets were hit pretty hard by the end of the call in meta. Once these next set of changes hit I'll be willing to bet USF will be the strongest allied faction.
11 Sep 2015, 14:04 PM

What? a NERF to USF? Whats wrong with you man?
11 Sep 2015, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 07:25 AMNEVEC
USF early game already being destroyed by hmg42, sniper and lmg grenadiers.
11 Sep 2015, 14:20 PM

Preemptively complaining about imagined future USF nerfs?

Let's do it!
11 Sep 2015, 14:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2015, 14:20 PMSesleri
Preemptively complaining about imagined future USF nerfs?

Let's do it!

Actually, OP shat himself after seeing that rifles will no longer be trash late game and is terrified that nothing is nerfed to the ground in return.

He also bases his predictions on imaginative pershing that might never come.

(not everythig that have model will be implemented-if anyone needs recent examples-UKF arty officer, UKF assault sappers with piats and gammon bombs, UKF reckon tommies)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★