M36 Jackson vs Firefly

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
5 Sep 2015, 22:26 PM

the firefly's rangggeee!!
5 Sep 2015, 22:40 PM

Command Aura + Firefly
5 Sep 2015, 23:20 PM

I would rather see the Firefly be cheaper than getting a buff.

the firefly is more comparable to the much cheaper jackson without factoring in the Tulip rockets. 440mp 155 fuel for a 640hp and 160 armor is rather unforgiving, regardless of its dps.
9 Sep 2015, 12:06 PM

Permanently Banned
I waht to say that FF need a lot of buff, so slow speed, so slow turret, so long reload, only rockets can save, but imo need a lot of rework.
9 Sep 2015, 12:16 PM

I would rather see the Firefly be cheaper than getting a buff.

the firefly is more comparable to the much cheaper jackson without factoring in the Tulip rockets. 440mp 155 fuel for a 640hp and 160 armor is rather unforgiving, regardless of its dps.

FF isn't really comparable to jackson if we take away tulips from equation.
Jackson is vastly superior to it with vet1, RoF, mobility, even survivability(more HP and armor means nothing if you can't get out of there-also, engine crew repairs) and obviously, firepower, Jackson having ~1.6 times the DPS of FF.
9 Sep 2015, 12:25 PM

Remove the tulip rockets, buff RoF, done.

The tulips provide such strong Alpha damage that you cannot afford to have it fire any faster as is.
9 Sep 2015, 12:26 PM

FF isn't really comparable to jackson if we take away tulips from equation.
Jackson is vastly superior to it with vet1, RoF, mobility, even survivability(more HP and armor means nothing if you can't get out of there-also, engine crew repairs) and obviously, firepower, Jackson having ~1.6 times the DPS of FF.

I've had much better result with the firely than I do with the jackson. However, that could be also be due to the overall much better brit ATG and tank.
9 Sep 2015, 12:37 PM

I've had much better result with the firely than I do with the jackson. However, that could be also be due to the overall much better brit ATG and tank.

Yea, brit ATG is pretty damn good save for vet1 ability.

FF itself without tulips is meeeh at best.
9 Sep 2015, 22:21 PM

The ROF is painful with Firefly, I could kite it with Panther no problem.
9 Sep 2015, 22:24 PM

i would love to see the jackson getting an hp buff so it can take more than 3 hits (with a little price change)
9 Sep 2015, 23:06 PM

Permanently Banned
Remove the tulip rockets, buff RoF, done.

The tulips provide such strong Alpha damage that you cannot afford to have it fire any faster as is.

I agree with this. But, id rather see tulips damage nurfed than removed
9 Sep 2015, 23:27 PM

Relic said, they wanted the FireFly to act as a "sniper"! the thing is, the Scottish guy in the UKF army is also a "sniper"! It makes me think they thought whatever in UKF is called "sniper" should have a God awful rate of fire.
But apart from that FF is really not reliable compared to other TDs in the game for its cost. Yes, it can deal a huge amount of damage with Tulips, but that's not how it should be like! that doesn't let it be a reliable, dedicated tank destroyer like Jackson, SU85, or JP4. I love it how almost any tank in the game can find it out of position and circle around it and kill it. It reminds me of ISU ;)
I think it needs some adjustment so that you're able to use it similar to how you use all the TDs with more viable rate of fire.
And about Tulips, UKF seem to be such munition dependent faction and the Tulip's price, makes it very risky any time you use it. Just for ex. 3 times you use the ability is equal to 1 Air Supremacy

Please rework the FireFly
10 Sep 2015, 04:59 AM

Relic said, they wanted the FireFly to act as a "sniper"!

Which is quite ironic because the 17 Pounder actually had accuracy problems, it would be better suited to general combat like the Easy Eight.
10 Sep 2015, 05:48 AM

The accuracy issues were largely related to APDS ammo IIRC. Regular AP ammo wasn't bad but then it's not really much better pen wise than the 76mm.
10 Sep 2015, 09:41 AM

Relic said, they wanted the FireFly to act as a "sniper"! the thing is, the Scottish guy in the UKF army is also a "sniper"! It makes me think they thought whatever in UKF is called "sniper" should have a God awful rate of fire.
But apart from that FF is really not reliable compared to other TDs in the game for its cost. Yes, it can deal a huge amount of damage with Tulips, but that's not how it should be like! that doesn't let it be a reliable, dedicated tank destroyer like Jackson, SU85, or JP4. I love it how almost any tank in the game can find it out of position and circle around it and kill it. It reminds me of ISU ;)
I think it needs some adjustment so that you're able to use it similar to how you use all the TDs with more viable rate of fire.
And about Tulips, UKF seem to be such munition dependent faction and the Tulip's price, makes it very risky any time you use it. Just for ex. 3 times you use the ability is equal to 1 Air Supremacy

Please rework the FireFly

It isn't the fire-rate that bothers me about the UKF sniper, it's the wind-up. It makes the unit feel so sluggish when you order an attack and the enemy runs back into the fog of war before he actually decides to fire.

On the other hand, I really want to like the Firefly but its DPS is insanely awful for the cost. I'm fairly sure the Stug actually beats it quite handily in a stand-up fight. I don't want to see another unit like the Greyhound which is only used for its ability, rather than its core mechanics.
10 Sep 2015, 09:51 AM

FF is just a complete sucker. Nerf Tulip dmg and increase ROF with 2-3 seconds.
10 Sep 2015, 10:11 AM

FF is just a complete sucker. Nerf Tulip dmg and increase ROF with 2-3 seconds.

Have a "Rockets Mode" which disables the main gun, and enables you to fire the rockets. Also while you aim them the turret follow your cursor.
10 Sep 2015, 10:31 AM

Have a "Rockets Mode" which disables the main gun, and enables you to fire the rockets. Also while you aim them the turret follow your cursor.

Sounds good
10 Sep 2015, 13:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 09:41 AMCrysack

I don't want to see another unit like the Greyhound which is only used for its ability, rather than its core mechanics.

Exactly, Firefly is now only useful because of its Tulip ability, which is still very expensive, and that's why it doesn't perform well and is not reliable as Jackson, JP4 or SU85.

It's very simple, FireFly costs 155 fuels but I'd pick a Jackson, JP4 or SU85 over them any day, three of which are cheaper than the FF

The FireFly, as you also said, should be desirable for itself now for its Tulip ability, I agree with the suggestion of nerfing its Tulip but improving its rate of fire etc 10 sec is way too awful, plus its very slow turret rotation
11 Sep 2015, 18:09 PM

Its the design. Relic wants it to be an Anti-Tank Sniper. Probably why they also gave UKF vehicle tracking (hammer) or meaty tanks you can use to spot (churchills) as part of army core. So comparing it to M36 which is a TD is sort of....idk, a bit skewed comparison

Mind you, I'm not commenting on whether thats a good design, which is a completely different question.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 56
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak