Login

russian armor

Bofors needs a nerf against infantry

PAGES (11)down
8 Sep 2015, 15:33 PM

I believe that Bofors is indeed a quite Strong emplacement, maybe give some time for infantry to react and retreat to it, but nevertheless, I think that UKF is unbalanced and playing against it so far as Ostheer has been so easy, that I might use my feet instead of my hands to get a harder time.

Would help if the faction were better balanced in 1's, bofors could be nerfed, but then, some other units have a better kind of balanceing.
8 Sep 2015, 15:39 PM

You obviously havent touched brits. There is no way you could have enough MP for an early game bofors. Its not possible, unless you played bad.

Our conversation ends here. I have enjoyed talking to you.

8 Sep 2015, 16:39 PM

Definitely playing a different game than I do. Only people who leave bofors undefended are trash.

Not really. I get away with leaving one undefended for a good portion of the game pretty often because it locks down that side of the map all by itself. If the guy resorts to barraging it over and over, which several people have, I just brace. Then by the time he has tanks out I move some AT units over in anticipation of another attempt to take it out, which they usually will do around this time.

Smoke and Flank

theory and craft

Static suppression structures are bad unless they deal a ton of suppression, moderate would be underpowered. When they actually do enough suppression to be worthwhile, its just turns the game very static, there isn't really much in between. If the Flak trucks were an emplacement and not a tech building, and were slightly cheaper, they would probably be placed more aggressively all the time since losing it would not remove T4 units and a change like that would not do anything to improve gameplay. Bofors needs to be less accurate so it isn't gibbing squads at the insane rate it currently is, and brace should be nerfed in some way. Ideally if you attack it with several AT units you should be able to kill it and save all the fodder squads by retreating if you are attentive enough, but it should retain enough killing power to actually drain mp.
8 Sep 2015, 17:41 PM

Permanently Banned

theory and craft

hook line and sinker

Congrats on taking my bait
8 Sep 2015, 19:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Never had the Puma wiping with aimed shot since I've never tried it, but surely will do that now Kappa

Actually it's guaranteed hit on infantry, so use it to kill last model on retreat. Been there, done that.
8 Sep 2015, 20:48 PM

I only wish they have made it either have 100 range on default fire or 6 shells on barrage, one of these two and it would be a nice piece of gear to have with CLEAR role and use. :foreveralone:
Personally I'd go with barrage option as it would be something different.

Agree, 3 shell barrage is pathetic. Should be 10. It is a tiny howitzer after all.
8 Sep 2015, 22:31 PM

Team games are nearly unplayable right now due to bofors locking down huge sections of the map and being indestructible.

They even take on medium tanks like the Ostwind, Pz. IV and StuGs. Can't kill it with Paks due to brace being infinite. I just don't know what the solution to it is right now.
8 Sep 2015, 22:38 PM

Team games are nearly unplayable right now due to bofors locking down huge sections of the map and being indestructible.

They even take on medium tanks like the Ostwind, Pz. IV and StuGs. Can't kill it with Paks due to brace being infinite. I just don't know what the solution to it is right now.

And die to a single incendiary round from MHT.
You don't know the solution, because you didn't even tried to come up with one, instead proceeded like it was "just another allied unit" and failed.
9 Sep 2015, 02:42 AM

The bofors is too accurate at long range, and is definitely too accurate against retreating units

I'm just afraid that relic is going to smash it with like 3-4 nerfs all at once and it will be useless
9 Sep 2015, 02:47 AM
Patrion 28

You don't know the solution, because you didn't even tried to come up with one, instead proceeded like it was "just another allied unit" and failed.

the MHT is incredibly powerful but, speaking from experience, it's kind of boring always going MHT every game against brits. hopefully relic will insure that other counters work better. hopefully.
9 Sep 2015, 04:31 AM

Our conversation ends here. I have enjoyed talking to you.

Just ignore the troll.
9 Sep 2015, 04:37 AM

How is this still an ARGUEMENT?? Kidding me?? Wow.. This shows the ridiculous bias on the forums...
9 Sep 2015, 05:05 AM

yeah bofos needs a nerf but nerf it so that infantry have a chance to retreat.
9 Sep 2015, 05:27 AM

the MHT is incredibly powerful but, speaking from experience, it's kind of boring always going MHT every game against brits. hopefully relic will insure that other counters work better. hopefully.

Exactly. I've been playing with MHT every single game, and in 2v2 games (which I play the most) if both of you don't go MHT or MHT/DoubleLeIG you pretty much lose because Brits can stall and stall and stall then rush with an ATG and a Croc.
9 Sep 2015, 06:08 AM

hook line and sinker

Congrats on taking my bait

Could someone please re-BAN this nice person?
He is polluting my sight and everyone's else too. The ban hammer works like a little reminder for him: for a short while, he will behave again properly.
9 Sep 2015, 06:11 AM

:)...And how many people noticed that....? I bet not to manny .... :)
9 Sep 2015, 06:19 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

:)...And how many people noticed that....? I bet not to manny .... :)

Adapt or perish. MHT every game.
9 Sep 2015, 06:22 AM

Adapt or perish. MHT every game.

Amen. Long live the only 2 ost doctrines that have it! :(
9 Sep 2015, 07:11 AM

Welcome to meta, where you use single strat/bo/doctrine until you puke, because it brings you wins with much less effort by bringing cheeziest thing your faction have. :sibPheasant:

@JohnnyB
Everyone who actually looked for a counter instead of drowning himself in own tears.
Playing the faction yourself and seeing what people use against use helps immensely as well.
9 Sep 2015, 08:01 AM

Playing the faction yourself and seeing what people use against use helps immensely as well.

I don't own it. If I am sick of something, I am sick of Relic's way to milk money from us. But that's another storry.
I was looking for counters and that is how I discovered that (again and again, in the past and these days also) MHT is one of the most usefull units in the game.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS