Login

russian armor

OKW: Flammpanzer 38(t)

30 Aug 2015, 00:02 AM

must be the dudes with stuff

Dudes with stuff are a different unit named Urban Assault Light Infantry, they're currently a 4-man squad with Jäger / Stormtrooper's model. They are armed with 4 MP 40's, Smoke Grenade ability, and Panzerfaust ability.
30 Aug 2015, 03:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2015, 17:53 PMKatitof
Less then 50 produced you say?

Meets all the requirements for a stock unit for axis army.

If the picture of the Jagdpanzer 38 posted above is real, it would explain why a Flammpanzer 38 was used. Perhaps the flamethrower is a side-grade to the Hetzer, replacing the main gun.
30 Aug 2015, 04:36 AM

I feel like a Hetzer is an unneeded unit for OKW, at least if it was a Flammpanzer it would be quite unique for the faction. JPIV is basically a Hetzer but with a Panther main gun instead of a Stug/PIV main gun.
30 Aug 2015, 04:57 AM

I feel like a Hetzer is an unneeded unit for OKW, at least if it was a Flammpanzer it would be quite unique for the faction. JPIV is basically a Hetzer but with a Panther main gun instead of a Stug/PIV main gun.

Actually the JP4's gun has the penetration as the StuG's, 60 less than the Panther's. It was the same gun in real life, but it's much weaker in-game.
30 Aug 2015, 06:21 AM

Dudes with stuff are a different unit named Urban Assault Light Infantry, they're currently a 4-man squad with Jäger / Stormtrooper's model. They are armed with 4 MP 40's, Smoke Grenade ability, and Panzerfaust ability.

MP-40's you say? Sounds useless already.
30 Aug 2015, 06:54 AM

Flammpanzer would be so awesome for OKW... finally something to deal with Allied players who do nothing but garrison building spam because har har OKW doesn't get flamethrowers and has crappy stock grenades
30 Aug 2015, 07:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2015, 06:21 AMSierra
MP-40's you say? Sounds useless already.

They were superior to Assault Engineers at least.
30 Aug 2015, 07:12 AM

Actually the JP4's gun has the penetration as the StuG's, 60 less than the Panther's. It was the same gun in real life, but it's much weaker in-game.

Real life is what I was referring to. 75 l/48 is the stug, hetzer and late pIV, l/70 was panther and jpIV. At any rate OKW has a great TD and they also have the Panther, both stock. And now a quality stock medium. Fairly solid AT gun. Doctrinal Pak43 and Jagdtiger. Shreks on their core inf. Not hurting for AT options at all. I really think a flamethrower tank would be a more interesting inclusion for the faction.
30 Aug 2015, 07:18 AM

Permanently Banned
God a flame hetzer or 38t would be such a good new commander to add to okw.
30 Aug 2015, 08:00 AM

Real life is what I was referring to. 75 l/48 is the stug, hetzer and late pIV, l/70 was panther and jpIV. At any rate OKW has a great TD and they also have the Panther, both stock. And now a quality stock medium. Fairly solid AT gun. Doctrinal Pak43 and Jagdtiger. Shreks on their core inf. Not hurting for AT options at all. I really think a flamethrower tank would be a more interesting inclusion for the faction.

The reason why on paper OKW has plentiful AT is because in practice you might get like a handful of shreks and a JPIV with some racktens. Ever having a combo of the things you listed is very rare and in most normal competitive things you will be forced to "make do".

This isn't even getting into the fact that artillery propagation has kinda killed Fort (along with the MG34 nerf), and Jadgtigers are quite rare now to because they come so late into the game at such a high fuel price. Most of the time it's just not feasible to be able to hold out for one.

31 Aug 2015, 02:01 AM

People loved the hetzer from coh1.... now it returns...with FLAMES.

Implementing a Hetzer AT tank makes no sense, OKW has a JP4 for that role. A flame tank however is a nice garrison cleaning tool.
31 Aug 2015, 02:07 AM

People loved the hetzer from coh1.... now it returns...with FLAMES.

Implementing a Hetzer AT tank makes no sense, OKW has a JP4 for that role. A flame tank however is a nice garrison cleaning tool.

Yes. Depending on the rest of the commander, itll be a nice thing to have on urban maps. Or anywhere where cleaning out enemy infantry is annoying.
4 Sep 2015, 00:52 AM

They were superior to Assault Engineers at least.

You're using American Assault Engineers wrong if you think that those units are shitty.

MP-40 is by and far the worst weapon in the game compared to other weapons of its class.
4 Sep 2015, 01:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2015, 00:52 AMSierra
You're using American Assault Engineers wrong if you think that those units are shitty.

MP-40 is by and far the worst weapon in the game compared to other weapons of its class.

I never said Assault Engineers were shitty, I said Urban Assault Light Infantry were superior.

Nowhere did I say they use the same MP 40 as Assault Grenadiers, that was your assumption.
4 Sep 2015, 01:12 AM
Patrion 14

OK, then I will say it. Assault Engineers are shitty. They are a 4 man squad with terrible received accuracy that has to fight Axis faction which have very good DPS at all ranges until close. Losing just 1 model makes them useless, as they have to immediately be retreated after the battle to be useful in later engagements.

They may have good DPS in theory, but good luck getting in close to use that DPS. You are better off getting a riflesquad for the same price. Assault Engineers are useful for 1 job, anti-building, and even that can be done by riflemen.

They have 1 use, which is demos. As a USF player, I will tell you that demos are NOT easily paid for in a faction that requires more munitions to fight in the early game (grenades and smoke vs. MGs), and to scale into the lategame (upgrades), than any other faction.

Wait, why are we talking about these again? :facepalm:
4 Sep 2015, 01:25 AM

OK, then I will say it. Assault Engineers are shitty. They are a 4 man squad with terrible received accuracy that has to fight Axis faction which have very good DPS at all ranges until close. Losing just 1 model makes them useless, as they have to immediately be retreated after the battle to be useful in later engagements.

They may have good DPS in theory, but good luck getting in close to use that DPS. You are better off getting a riflesquad for the same price. Assault Engineers are useful for 1 job, anti-building, and even that can be done by riflemen.

They have 1 use, which is demos. As a USF player, I will tell you that demos are NOT easily paid for in a faction that requires more munitions to fight in the early game (grenades and smoke vs. MGs), and to scale into the lategame (upgrades), than any other faction.

Wait, why are we talking about these again? :facepalm:

This one will no longer be the case very soon, as when the bug for the Ass Engineer mine is fixed they will basically be Soviet Engineers with way more punch and utility. Really the big downside to them is in Mech they come with a useless HT, but Armor Company is one of the most useful USF doctrines due to it escaping the Call In Meta-caust.
4 Sep 2015, 02:12 AM

I never said Assault Engineers were shitty, I said Urban Assault Light Infantry were superior.

Nowhere did I say they use the same MP 40 as Assault Grenadiers, that was your assumption.

Are UALI even released yet? I thought that Doctrine was still locked up?
4 Sep 2015, 02:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2015, 02:12 AMSierra
Are UALI even released yet? I thought that Doctrine was still locked up?

Spawned them in Worldbuilder.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS