Login

russian armor

Anyone else annoyed by the day 1 DLC within DLC?

28 Aug 2015, 11:57 AM
Donator 11

I'm pretty sure that if you want to win tournament games in OCF as USF you better have Rifle Company [...]

Why? I do not see that. Airborne, Infantry and Armor are enough to win games on any level. Post-3rdSep-Patch even more so it seems.

I respect your opinion! I hope the brits and the new content give you pleasure!

Yet, I will never pre-order ever again after the Battlefield Bad Company Xbox Live problems. Game was unplayable for 3-4 weeks after launch.

Haha ea :foreveralone:

Oh, you haven't seen the Sim City release then... dear boy... they had to give away full titles for free for compensation in the end.

28 Aug 2015, 12:22 PM

what if i told you...

99% of the games you've lost, you would've lost with different bulletins or commanders as well

Where did I state that the faulty War Spoils system or the less frequent patching made me lose? Never did I make such statements, neither will I.

My point is, they keep adding things to the game and adding things to the War Spoil system. But even though they keep adding things to the game, (dlc, factions) you might never get to experience them due to the fact that 80% of the things they release, are connected to the faulty War Spoil system. Even if you pay for the DLC factions, you may never get their full experience, since you may never get their full attributes.

28 Aug 2015, 12:24 PM

Why? I do not see that. Airborne, Infantry and Armor are enough to win games on any level. Post-3rdSep-Patch even more so it seems.

Oh, you haven't seen the Sim City release then... dear boy... they had to give away full titles for free for compensation in the end.

Haha, Bad Company eventually gave away 5 free maps, a few new weapons and compensated by opening the debate for getting any other mode in the game than they shipped with, Rush.
28 Aug 2015, 12:45 PM

Relic makes new content (Brits) --> community cries.
Relic doesn't make new content (lac of USF + OKW commanders) --> community cries.

Relic is always bad, community is always right. But give us unlimited free content and patches.

Relic makes new content (recycled or not), wants money for it...P2W, P2W...nothing if free guys but you can decide whether u buy it or not. ^^

Commanders are claimed to be P2W yet 90% cannot play the game properly and would lose even with those fancy commanders. Everyone cries out for E-sport...not gonna happen.

Conclusion: ADAPT

#fucklogic #FML

28 Aug 2015, 13:09 PM

My take on this - the concept is right, but the pricing is all wrong.

DLC, even day 1 DLC, gives Relic the opportunity to make more money by making more content and gives buyers the choice to chose exactly how much they want, and how much they want to pay. For instance, if you love all the content, you can buy all of it, but if there's a commander you don't want, you can skip having it and not pay as much.

Now, where this breaks down is that although Relic's pricing on the actual game is reasonable, what they charge for the smaller DLC is just batshit insane. Pricing is tricky to judge, but I really hope we can all agree that $12 for the British = reasonable, whereas the same $12 just to get 3 additional commanders = ???

Another comparison:

Buying the original CoH2 and all of the multiplier factions at full price = $60.

Buying all the commanders that go with those factions, a far smaller set of content than buying all the original factions = ~$90

So my take on it: the model is good, but Relic needs to do one of the following to resolve the pricing issue:

1. Introduce more bundled options that give discounts. For instance, a "new British commanders" bundle for a lower cost than buying all three individually. Relic has started doing this to some extent.
2. Release a "DLC Pass" as some other companies have done.
2. Lower the price of individual DLC so the content does not reach such exorbitantly high total prices.

28 Aug 2015, 13:17 PM

i honestly dont see the issue with this. its an extra to a dlc, which is weird, but ok considering the amount of support relic has provided to us. It helps to fund the existence of the game, SEGA surely isnt the welfare company you may think them to be.

The latest support and content was so good that i really dont care about the extra 12 eur spent.
28 Aug 2015, 13:17 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Relic makes new content (Brits) --> community cries.
Relic doesn't make new content (lac of USF + OKW commanders) --> community cries.

Relic is always bad, community is always right. But give us unlimited free content and patches.

Relic makes new content (recycled or not), wants money for it...P2W, P2W...nothing if free guys but you can decide whether u buy it or not. ^^

Commanders are claimed to be P2W yet 90% cannot play the game properly and would lose even with those fancy commanders. Everyone cries out for E-sport...not gonna happen.

Conclusion: ADAPT

#fucklogic #FML

+1
28 Aug 2015, 13:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 09:05 AMBlalord

For Relic defense, Witchers 3 dont include multiplayer, so no multiplayers servers

Ardennes was single player only, 90% of it was re used assets and still cost as much as W3 in GOG.
28 Aug 2015, 13:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 13:29 PMmrako

Ardennes was single player only, 90% of it was re used assets and still cost as much as W3 in GOG.

I only defended Relic one time bro, i will not more ;D
28 Aug 2015, 13:49 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

28 Aug 2015, 13:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 13:29 PMmrako

I'd like to know your opinion on blizzards SC2 expansions being priced as a separate full game with the same 90%+ assets being reused.

If you were expecting AA to have completely separate set of units, well, you have a darn good dealer to end up so high on his stuff.
28 Aug 2015, 13:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 13:52 PMKatitof

I'd like to know your opinion on blizzards SC2 expansions being priced as a separate full game with the same 90%+ assets being reused.

If you were expecting AA to have completely separate set of units, well, you have a darn good dealer to end up so high on his stuff.

Relic really should add a Ranger commander, the Ranger and the Butterfly bombs..:blush:
28 Aug 2015, 14:05 PM

No gamer likes this and I'm sure game designers also don't like this. But if this is needed so we have further support and content I am willing to pay in order to keep relic in business. Too many beloved franchises and games died because there was no profit from them.

In addition you can still wait for the warspoils lotto, which will be someday hopefully improved (relic pls)

Ach so, okay :guyokay:
28 Aug 2015, 14:08 PM

I think Relic kinda missed the boat on their war spoils rework. At the moment its still a half baked system that basically forces people into buying their content if they want any reliable way of attaining the content they want.

Relic could easily shed the "P2W" label with a functioning warspoils system that would allow players to systematically earn some sort of currency to purchase content through gameplay hours, or at the very least allow the trading of duplicates. I wrote an article on warspoils just over a month after it was released, and over a year later ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAS CHANGED. I wouldn't have much of an issue with this if the day 1 DLC were purely cosmetic items. The fact that commanders that directly effect multiplayer gameplay are being sold from the store on day one, with no other reliable means of acquiring them makes the practice seem lazy and money grubbing.

Personally I don't think bulletins should be included in warspoils, I think only cosmetic and other content should be included in the spoils.

If I were to design the system I would keep the old bulletin system but remove the achievement unlock requirement and replace it with XP or some other points (battle points).

Allow players to collect XP or Battle points by playing (getting more per victory) to spend on unlocking bulletins of their choice, place xp or battle points booster packs in the warspoils system.

Every half a year release an "operation pack" with a load of new cosmetic content and maybe 1 or 2 maps and some bulletins, charge a small amount to join the operation and then have some specific tasks to get the operations skin set and of course warspoils table is updated.

Iif the player wants to stack the same bulletin that it would cost double the XP to unlock a 2nd bulletin of the same type and triple for the 3rd.
28 Aug 2015, 14:50 PM

i honestly dont see the issue with this. its an extra to a dlc, which is weird, but ok considering the amount of support relic has provided to us. It helps to fund the existence of the game, SEGA surely isnt the welfare company you may think them to be.

If the argument is that I should give them money so they can make more stuff, then I should be an investor, who owns shares, and receives a dividend.
28 Aug 2015, 14:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 14:50 PMsquippy

If the argument is that I should give them money so they can make more stuff, then I should be an investor, who owns shares, and receives a dividend.

either become an investor, accept the dlc or just stop giving them money. simple.
28 Aug 2015, 14:56 PM

You're saying that I'm giving them money not in exchange for a product, but merely out of sympathy. In that case I am already an investor, just one without equity.
28 Aug 2015, 15:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2015, 14:56 PMsquippy
You're saying that I'm giving them money not in exchange for a product, but merely out of sympathy. In that case I am already an investor, just one without equity.

You can donate them money if youre doing it for sympathy. You now have the option to give them money for a product or not. In case you decide to give them money for the product theyre offering you, youre also helping them to fund the game and themselves. But if you care about the sympathy part or not depends entirely on you, so where is the problem?
28 Aug 2015, 15:17 PM

I've already pointed out the problem: trying to defend an over-priced product on some sort of 'help us help you' basis is ridiculous. And when mere commanders are selling at the same price as a whole faction, it's impossible not to think they're wildly, vastly over-priced. And seeing as, if it;s available on day 1, this is not further, extra work they've done, it's just that they're selling a cut down product and charging extra for the whole thing.

This is, in short, a modern sort of crippleware.

I've defended Relic many times; I consider the contemptuous attitude that many here have toward them quite inappropriate. But this isn't an issue about Relic alone, it's something that affects the industry as a whole, and it's creating a lot of bad blood.
28 Aug 2015, 15:21 PM
Benefactor 3110

Hi,

i look at it like this now: The new commanders are a form of paying in installments for the game. Relic should give all commanders with the faction, but then the Brits Addon would cost like 60 EUR. Nobody wants to pay this, at least not at once. Me included. So they split the game in parts. You just want to play a little bit around, pay core brits and hope for warspoils. You want to play everything you have to pay more.

I can live with it, even as a fan of competitive gaming, if the commanders have new abilities and are not random variations.

I disagree with Ami at this point in some degree too.I would prefere relic would sell only skins too, but obviously this is not gonna happen. Yes you need rifle company to play competitive as American (like DevM), BUT you need the Faction Americans to play competitively too. Nobody argues, that he bought the core game (Russian and Wehr) and is entitled to play as americans. Rifle Company is a core essential of the american faction.

My point is, that gaming got more expensive. I can live with this under the conditions 1) the prize must be reasonable in each country - 2) commanders must be 99 % new abilities !

Best Regards

awa59b

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight