Login

russian armor

USF ambulance ability always on in HQ suggestion.

20 Aug 2015, 21:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 20:27 PMHater
As far as i understand only usf distributing heals all units in range simultaneously, while other factions' heal do it by models. So, advantage is: heal everybody at once, disadvantage - no auto heal. My point is - deal with it, it's calling a balance.

That is relevant only and exclusively if you blob only and are forced to mass retreats.
The playstyle current ambulance ENCOURAGES.

It also enforces another micro task on the already micro intensive USF. You can't even do weapon upgrade without additional micro other factions doesn't have.
20 Aug 2015, 21:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 21:00 PMKatitof
That is relevant only and exclusively if you blob only and are forced to mass retreats.
The playstyle current ambulance ENCOURAGES.

It also enforces another micro task on the already micro intensive USF. You can't even do weapon upgrade without additional micro other factions doesn't have.

Agreed 100%. It's unnecessary micro that promotes blobbing all your troops together. I don't like playing USF much because of this exact reason.

I like the idea of making it like the Opel Blitz except with aura healing. I'd say medic healing, but afaik there's no way to 'pack up' the medics and it'd look weird if they all just suddenly drop dead when you move the truck.

Here's a mock up because I've got nothing better to do:

20 Aug 2015, 21:38 PM

If you dismount medic and attack move it in base sector it will auto heal super fast (just like the SOVIET medics) SO you have auto heal AND group heal(if you put another squad, in ambu)
20 Aug 2015, 21:41 PM

If you dismount medic and attack move it in base sector it will auto heal super fast (just like the SOVIET medics) SO you have auto heal AND group heal(if you put another squad, in ambu)

And if you'll need to move some squad quickly back on field, without full heal you'll find yourself with frontline medics.

This is one of the reasons why almost no one(never seen a single player) do it.
20 Aug 2015, 21:41 PM

Agreed 100%. It's unnecessary micro that promotes blobbing all your troops together. I don't like playing USF much because of this exact reason.

I like the idea of making it like the Opel Blitz except with aura healing. I'd say medic healing, but afaik there's no way to 'pack up' the medics and it'd look weird if they all just suddenly drop dead when you move the truck.

Nice mock up! And X2 on all the USF micro. It's the most intensive micro in the game. From upgrades, repairs, weaponizing and not to mention just the "basic" having to micro-MOAR to keep your troops alive and most combat effective (unlike blob-charging with SturmPios and Mp44 grenadiers)

But I think just a simple canopy popping out the side would be good. It doesn't need to hull-down like the trucks and stuff. I would think somewhat quicker deploy-packup, maybe 2x Kubel suppression speed.
20 Aug 2015, 21:54 PM

Has anyone tried multiple ambulances? You could hypothetically heal all your troops very fast if you had two or three.
20 Aug 2015, 21:55 PM

I wonder if ppl complained about this in Vcoh?

I'm fine with the way it is, i just hate that it's with models. That moment you decide to move out of base with a squad(not fully healed) and the medics run after it like a bunch of tards. So frustrating! In other words, i like aura healing!!!

+1 good post
20 Aug 2015, 21:58 PM

+9000 that looks really nice
20 Aug 2015, 21:58 PM

Hull down would be great! Why not combine it with a higher healing range / shorter cooldown (20s)?

Naaah. Just the same amount and range of the original medics is fine. It actually makes sense, and it's BS micro. Either something like hulldown in base sector, or simply passive healing when stationary in base sector. It would be great, +1
20 Aug 2015, 22:01 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

You should be able to "hull down" you Ambulance like an OKW truck giving it more HP/DR and the medics just hop out and go around healing.

An ambulance is not a tank... I don't think I have ever seen a picture of an ambulance hull down. (pinches self - why is this even an idea?)
20 Aug 2015, 22:05 PM

An ambulance is not a tank... I don't think I have ever seen a picture of an ambulance hull down. (pinches self - why is this even an idea?)

Well, call it "Setup triage center" if you have problems imagining something in a video game :D
20 Aug 2015, 22:11 PM

Has anyone tried multiple ambulances? You could hypothetically heal all your troops very fast if you had two or three.

I think it'd be more economical to just buy an Ambulance and RE, switch out the Medics, and refund the Ambulance using Mechanized. The problem is you'd have to use Mechanized :p

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2015, 21:41 PMGhostTX
But I think just a simple canopy popping out the side would be good. It doesn't need to hull-down like the trucks and stuff.

I agree, but I can't do that in WB, need a modeller :P

Because people want the Ambulance to be more useful in a way that's not micro-intensive and blob promoting. USF's healing is one of the reasons I do not like them.
20 Aug 2015, 22:20 PM

I want. +1
20 Aug 2015, 22:21 PM

I put it in quotation marks because I know you can't hulldown a truck :D

It would just be like the OKW medic HQ, a truck surrounded by sandbags and med kits.
21 Aug 2015, 01:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Good with me. Could even make it heal less than the activated ability to still encourage using said ability for all I care - but for sure, as it is right now, messing around with Medics not-auto-healing/running to front with everyone else is a simply endlessly frustrating constant to USF play that achieves very little aside from being endlessly frustrating.
21 Aug 2015, 02:02 AM
Patrion 15

You should be able to "hull down" you Ambulance like an OKW truck giving it more HP/DR and the medics just hop out and go around healing.

This is a brilliant idea!

That being said I don't have a problem with the USF healing. It heals all squads simultaneously (which inadvertently encourages blobbing) and can take as many squads as you can cram into the AOE to full health in just a few seconds. Pretty damn strong despite the fact that it can be clunky at times.
21 Aug 2015, 06:12 AM

I like the hull down idea. Personally, I'd really like to see the major retreat point upgrade removed, and instead passively given to the ambulance once you unlock the tank tier. Having to use 9(?) population just for a retreat & heal point is ludicrous. The major should have other uses than a glorified pit stop.
21 Aug 2015, 09:05 AM
Donator 11

nee
22 Aug 2015, 14:32 PM

Ambulance is such a dumb idea TBH. Just give Fighting Position Medics upgrade. Sure it's copy of Ostheer bunker, but the entire idea of Fighting Position is basically shittier version of Ostheer bunkers already.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 61
United States 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak