Login

russian armor

Hedgerow chopper upgrade for the shermans

9 Aug 2015, 23:55 PM

since most if not all USF vehicles lack any ability (save for the 105 sherman which is doctrinal) to go through dense foliage or thick shrubbery. i had this crazy idea of implementing the hedgerow chopper upgrade for the shermans (M4A3E8 included) so that way flanking as the USF was intended to be designed originally be made possible. it will of course have a MU cost but how much well that depends on you
10 Aug 2015, 00:15 AM

Hedgerow chopper upgrade for the Shermans

Maybe after Vet 1, but this isn't a bad suggestion. I approve, USF lacks vehicles capable of plowing through hedgerows / heavy crush. I think currently only the Bulldozer is capable.
10 Aug 2015, 00:16 AM

I agree OP.
10 Aug 2015, 01:04 AM

Permanently Banned
Gimme the Crab

10 Aug 2015, 01:11 AM

Gimme the Crab

that works too as long as the M4A3 and M4A3E8 shermans can be equipped with it or the hedgerow chopper. one upgrade can clear mines and the other dense foliage or thick shrubbery
10 Aug 2015, 01:13 AM

Permanently Banned

that works too as long as the M4A3 and M4A3E8 shermans can be equipped with it or the hedgerow chopper. one upgrade can clear mines and the other dense foliage or thick shrubbery

Crab should do both, whilst being able to shred infantry
10 Aug 2015, 04:35 AM
10 Aug 2015, 05:57 AM

Yep, such an upgrade would be historicaly accurate too.
10 Aug 2015, 06:05 AM

Would be nice. Paying munitions or something for a sherman having crush to roll through most obstacles cant be bad.
13 Aug 2015, 22:50 PM

Would be nice. Paying munitions or something for a sherman having crush to roll through most obstacles cant be bad.

i remember relic saying USF has to flank in order to be effective funny that axis have non-doc units like the panther or panzer IV with armor upgrades (veterancy) can go thru dense foliage and thick shrubbery while the sherman cannot?
13 Aug 2015, 22:51 PM
Developer Relic Badge

i remember relic saying USF has to flank in order to be effective funny that axis have non-doc units like the panther or panzer IV with armor upgrades (veterancy) can go thru dense foliage and thick shrubbery while the sherman cannot?

Panzer IV, even with vet and blitz doesn't gain heavy crush.
13 Aug 2015, 22:57 PM

Panzer IV, even with vet and blitz doesn't gain heavy crush.

thats odd i could have sworn in CoH1 it had it oh well probably a good thing
nee
14 Aug 2015, 00:56 AM

thats odd i could have sworn in CoH1 it had it oh well probably a good thing

King Tiger can't rush tank traps. There isn't really a "heavy crush" in CoH2.

Get your facts straight next time, please, it's hard to take you seriously when you half-heartedly make claims that have high chance of originating out of your ass.

You can start by listing what USF vehicles have in terms of crush level, in comparison with Axis units. The last thing this game needs is more bloat that someone came up with entirely through conjecture.
14 Aug 2015, 01:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2015, 00:56 AMnee

Get your facts straight next time, please, it's hard to take you seriously when you half-heartedly make claims that have high chance of originating out of your ass.

You can start by listing what USF vehicles have in terms of crush level, in comparison with Axis units. The last thing this game needs is more bloat that someone came up with entirely through conjecture.

if you have a better idea/suggestions on how to improve USF overall im all ears and dont say they are fine where they are or any other sarcastic lame-ass excuse cuz you and i both know they aint
14 Aug 2015, 03:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2015, 00:56 AMnee

Incorrect, there is Heavy Crush. It's mostly Hedges, and maybe certain walls.

On-map Tank Traps can be crushed by Heavy Tanks, player-built Tank Traps can not.
14 Aug 2015, 06:18 AM

Doesn't matter, once Pershing is added USF will have heavy crush :P
nee
14 Aug 2015, 07:12 AM

if you have a better idea/suggestions on how to improve USF overall im all ears and dont say they are fine where they are or any other sarcastic lame-ass excuse cuz you and i both know they aint

I've made plenty of posts about how problematic USF are and some ideas to make them better. What I try not to do is make pull biased claims out of my ass.

For example, what are the levels of crush in this game, what levels USF vehicles have and compared with those of other factions? I don't presume Ostheer have better vehicles for crush because I just don't know if that's even true.

Another example: USF vehicles have no armour bonuses from veterancy, so at best, they become progressively more powerful glass cannons. Some even have sight range bonuses that trivialize the utility of the M20, which is more or less that scout vehicle.

If what you've claimed is true (that Relic stated USF is the faction that utilizes mobility and flanking), then really little of the veterancy bonuses add to that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★