Login

russian armor

M26 Pershing/Calliope Debate

PAGES (12)down
29 Jul 2015, 02:04 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 23:03 PMSierra
Sorry to be a dick here, but it's not even a "debate" Relic has said straight up that the USF won't be getting the Pershing.

Pretty sure they said they won't be getting the Calliope either, but don't quote me on that.

an unfortunante point id like to make. relic has also said the same thing about the western front. we all know what happened there. ;)

29 Jul 2015, 02:17 AM

yes, when theres something wrong with this game then it's surely the lack of heavy tanks

not
29 Jul 2015, 02:39 AM

USF is the best faction in the game! throw all your shit into a mg42
try to take it out, if you can't you're a noob and if you can .. hey there is another mg42 haha :D

making this kind of threat in coh2.org forums is ask for axis fanboys to talk shit that they know nothing about.. all you will get in here is

USF IS FINE...

l2p Noob.

and to all your problems thats the awnser: throw smoke grenades and all your problems are solved :banana:
29 Jul 2015, 02:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 23:31 PMSierra

Actually they did, those are going to be call in/build related to the UKF. USF will be going without, but they will eventually get a 60mm mortar... I think.

That seems unlikely, seeing as the British used the Centurion instead of the Pershing . . .
29 Jul 2015, 03:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 02:39 AMIGOR
USF is the best faction in the game! throw all your shit into a mg42
try to take it out, if you can't you're a noob and if you can .. hey there is another mg42 haha :D

making this kind of threat in coh2.org forums is ask for axis fanboys to talk shit that they know nothing about.. all you will get in here is

USF IS FINE...

l2p Noob.

and to all your problems thats the awnser: throw smoke grenades and all your problems are solved :banana:

easily said then done especially if don't have the munitions to afford it meanwhile axis can pump out MGs even faster starting after the July 21 patch allowing an easy shut down, control of the map and lots of camp spots
29 Jul 2015, 03:18 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

They even have the 76mm sherman in the Ardennes Assault final mission, but they don't add it to multiplayer. :guyokay:
29 Jul 2015, 03:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 03:18 AMTobis
They even have the 76mm sherman in the Ardennes Assault final mission, but they don't add it to multiplayer. :guyokay:

if we put pressure on relic into adding it they will or have to otherwise expect a lot of pissed off fans i'll be one of them
29 Jul 2015, 03:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 02:47 AMWygrif

That seems unlikely, seeing as the British used the Centurion instead of the Pershing . . .

I think the Brits might have gotten some lend-lease. Completely irrelevant anyway since less than a dozen of them ever actually saw and combat and half of that were destroyed in combat.
29 Jul 2015, 03:52 AM

easily said then done especially if don't have the munitions to afford it meanwhile axis can pump out MGs even faster starting after the July 21 patch allowing an easy shut down, control of the map and lots of camp spots

yeah, its easy to say ´´ just flank it ´´ when a mg cover half map. and they normally use 2 of them what is a pain in the ass to take out.
when usf needs lot of micro just a mg42 can lock down a good part of the map, so yeah good luck trying to take it out over and over again spending lots of ammunition in smoke nades.
29 Jul 2015, 03:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 03:52 AMIGOR

yeah, its easy to say ´´ just flank it ´´ when a mg cover half map. and they normally use 2 of them what is a pain in the ass to take out.
when usf needs lot of micro just a mg42 can lock down a good part of the map, so yeah good luck trying to take it out over and over again spending lots of ammunition in smoke nades.

Your point?
29 Jul 2015, 04:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 03:48 AMSierra

I think the Brits might have gotten some lend-lease. Completely irrelevant anyway since less than a dozen of them ever actually saw and combat and half of that were destroyed in combat.
Nope. The british has never used a pershing or calliope once, not even after the war.
29 Jul 2015, 04:55 AM

Before adding new stuff old stuff should be fixed. Thompsons crews, m3, recon paratroopers, forward observation, ability to lay sandbags, all this stuff which were useless since release need to be redone/seriously buffed.

Than lieutenant cost should be reduced.
Than rifles vet bonuses adjusted.
Than weapons crews should be 5man/without bonus acc received.
Than major artillery made useful.

And only after all of that Relic should consider adding new things to USF.
29 Jul 2015, 08:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 03:18 AMTobis

Agree, USF should be able to get it as a stock unit somehow. Not replacing the 75mm Sherman, but supplementing it.

Also, M4A3E2 Assault Tank "Jumbo". Pershing was rare and didn't effect the war in any way. Jumbos did.
29 Jul 2015, 09:00 AM

Agree, USF should be able to get it as a stock unit somehow. Not replacing the 75mm Sherman, but supplementing it.

Also, M4A3E2 Assault Tank "Jumbo". Pershing was rare and didn't effect the war in any way. Jumbos did.

Well too bad. Unless Relic decided to add the M4A3E2 with the expansion too, it won't get into the game. I would've liked the Jumbo too but it's pretty clear the M26 will be added so I see no point in complaining about that they should add something else instead.

Also, I'm pretty sure the reason the M4A3(76)W isn't in multiplayer is because they couldn't fit it anywhere. In-game it's just a slightly shittier version of an Easy Eight, there's no real point in adding it to USF. I think renaming it to be an M4A2(76)W and adding it to the Soviets was a good idea, since they now also have a kinda unique sherman variant for themselves.
29 Jul 2015, 09:06 AM

Well too bad, unless Relic decided to add the M4A3E2 with the expansion too, it won't get into the game.

Which is a shame, the Jumbo helped us through the Ardennes, which USF is based off of. It was liked so much that some tank crews took armour from destroyed Panzers and Shermans and welded it to their own Shermans to create make-shift Jumbos. Then the Pershing jumps in after the war is decided, does practically fuck-all, and becomes the savior of US Armour.

I don't like the addition of the Calliope either. Mobile artillery in CoH2 is fragile, the original faction's can be one-shotted by most AT. Even in WFA the artillery can be two-shotted. Now suddenly we want to have our artillery on a Medium Tank?

Another thing that bothers me, considering most US Rocket Artillery was mounted on Trucks, which does fit the design of CoH2 mobile arty.
29 Jul 2015, 09:16 AM

Pershing is coming. All sources point to it. Relic made a functioning pershing and calliope unit, which can be spawned using cheatcommands, they made skins for the pershing, and it also says when you buy a heavy USF skin,

"USF currently does not have a unit which uses the heavy skin, but such a unit maybe added into the game in the future"

So why would relic waste making all these models and skins then? Why? To waste financial assets?

I dont think relic likes wasting money like that :snfPeter:
29 Jul 2015, 09:35 AM

man thats a real lame ass excuse on relic's part would have been better if they came clean and said we plan to add the pershing later on or someday if a lot people ask for it

*a lot of scrubs ask for it
29 Jul 2015, 09:36 AM

Which is a shame, the Jumbo helped us through the Ardennes, which USF is based off of. It was liked so much that some tank crews took armour from destroyed Panzers and Shermans and welded it to their own Shermans to create make-shift Jumbos. Then the Pershing jumps in after the war is decided, does practically fuck-all, and becomes the savior of US Armour.

Yes, yes, I know. I would've liked to see a Jumbo, but again, it will most likely not make it into the game.

I don't like the addition of the Calliope either. Mobile artillery in CoH2 is fragile, the original faction's can be one-shotted by most AT. Even in WFA the artillery can be two-shotted. Now suddenly we want to have our artillery on a Medium Tank?

Another thing that bothers me, considering most US Rocket Artillery was mounted on Trucks, which does fit the design of CoH2 mobile arty.

Hmm I don't think the Katyusha and the Panzerwerfer were added because the developers had in mind that mobile rocket artillery should be fragile though. The Calliope will most likely be in a doctrine anyway so I don't think the fact that the US used rocket artillery on trucks more will matter that much if it'll be in just one doctrine. They might give it a penalty like disabling the 75mm, so maybe it'll be like a slightly better armored M7B1, except with rockets.
29 Jul 2015, 10:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 04:55 AMJadame!
Before adding new stuff old stuff should be fixed. Thompsons crews, m3, recon paratroopers, forward observation, ability to lay sandbags, all this stuff which were useless since release need to be redone/seriously buffed.

Than lieutenant cost should be reduced.
Than rifles vet bonuses adjusted.
Than weapons crews should be 5man/without bonus acc received.
Than major artillery made useful.

And only after all of that Relic should consider adding new things to USF.

Pretty much that, but I would not refuse a new commander with a Pershing or calliope aside :D

The same people on this forum are always jumping in that kind of thread to deny the idea of USF having heavy tanks. Incredibly they are well know to be Axis Fanboys in their vast majority.
The meta have change a lot since couple of weeks, the USF early faction vs Axis late game meta isn´t anymore. If all factions should have the tools to perform equal at all stages of the game, then USF needs late game options.
29 Jul 2015, 10:41 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 00:08 AMboc120
I wouldn't mention compstops around here. Everyone knows that compstomps don't mean anything and people will immediately form an impression about anyone who does them. I know that I did.

Its not necessarily about ppl who do comp stomps in general, its just about starting a balance/faction design debate on the grounds of playing vs AI.

PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS