Login

russian armor

M26 Pershing/Calliope Debate

PAGES (12)down
1 Aug 2015, 13:27 PM

And how do you know that?

Ok, imagine there is no King Tiger but Panther in OKW HQ, and you need to set all trucks to get it. Would you think it's fair that you must get all trucks to unlock Panther? Panther is not iWin unit (KT isnt as well, but it can be sometimes) and Pershing would not be either.

King Tiger is step higher than IS2 and Tiger, while they should be a bit higher than Pershing.

Because Pershing+P47+1919 might be OP?
We don't have any stats or cost. Relic can make Pershing like Kt or worse than panther. So, it is very complicated to guess. Also, there are a lot of ways to make Pershing doc. It can be with rangers or something else. Will be it balanced? Only time show it.
1 Aug 2015, 15:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 09:16 AMBurts
Pershing is coming. All sources point to it. Relic made a functioning pershing and calliope unit, which can be spawned using cheatcommands, they made skins for the pershing, and it also says when you buy a heavy USF skin
This true? I can't find a way to do it. Outdated files?
1 Aug 2015, 15:41 PM

It's not best solution. KT is locked behind all techs cause it's A-move machine. High damage, high armor, great agasint armor and infantry.

Pershing woulnd not be like this. It would be slower Panther or something like Tiger with worse AI power.

Picking it and not using other docs? Really? No upgrades for Rifles, no P47 etc etc etc. If everyone would pick Pershing, it would very easy to counter since you know what enemy will do.

The KT is an a-move machine if your fighting a bad enemy. But if your fighting in a competitive game then the KT is best for just sitting on a point and never moving. It's horrible speed combined with it's poor turret rotation makes it very poor for supporting large attacks (because it simply can't keep up or escape).

Just spending the fuel on a more diverse force is a better idea. The KT is normally only a good idea in desperate situations were you have lost your trucks in a big push and can't afford to wait to make them and then build up an army.

It has the same armor as an IS2 while having half the speed and acceleration and only 1 more shot's worth of health. Sure you can argue that the gun is better but do you really need to spend 260 fuel on a gun when you can achieve more with a more mobile force of lighter vehicles?
1 Aug 2015, 16:46 PM

The KT is an a-move machine if your fighting a bad enemy. But if your fighting in a competitive game then the KT is best for just sitting on a point and never moving. It's horrible speed combined with it's poor turret rotation makes it very poor for supporting large attacks (because it simply can't keep up or escape).

Just spending the fuel on a more diverse force is a better idea. The KT is normally only a good idea in desperate situations were you have lost your trucks in a big push and can't afford to wait to make them and then build up an army.

It has the same armor as an IS2 while having half the speed and acceleration and only 1 more shot's worth of health. Sure you can argue that the gun is better but do you really need to spend 260 fuel on a gun when you can achieve more with a more
mobile force of lighter vehicles?

Its not like You can send it to enemy's base and win. Its mobile battle station, very hard to kill when supported. And Itp definetly worth price. Saved my ass many times when Jp4s and stuka could not handle.

And it does not need to fight against stun shot like IS which is op in current form.

Is2 for me is nowhere as scary as kt.
1 Aug 2015, 17:13 PM

Its not like You can send it to enemy's base and win. Its mobile battle station, very hard to kill when supported. And Itp definetly worth price. Saved my ass many times when Jp4s and stuka could not handle.

And it does not need to fight against stun shot like IS which is op in current form.

Is2 for me is nowhere as scary as kt.

Then thats a psychological problem then. The KT is big and intimidating but what it can actually accomplish is eh, not much unless it's a very specific circumstance. It's no mobile battle station anymore than the other heavy generalists are. A SU-76 can pen it just as well as a StuG III a IS2.

The KT isn't bad, it's just very situational and inefficient. I think it should get better vet and with reduced vet requirements and that would go a long way towards making it less efficient.
1 Aug 2015, 20:36 PM
Patrion 14

They're working to giving USF good late game, axis got a couple early game buffs, USF vs Axis is almost evened out in the early game. I think it's coming, USF kinda needs it as well, looking at how it performs right now.
1 Aug 2015, 20:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 23:03 PMSierra
Sorry to be a dick here, but it's not even a "debate" Relic has said straight up that the USF won't be getting the Pershing.

Pretty sure they said they won't be getting the Calliope either, but don't quote me on that.

They also said that the microtransaction items would also be purely cosmetic and not affect gameplay.
2 Aug 2015, 02:13 AM

Pershing will be locked too, you need to t1 or t2, t3 and special upgrade and then you can call pershing, I think it is fair. Why do you think that in Pershing doc will be no upgrades for rifles or p47?
there's no reson to think that. Pershing will most likely be a normal call in just like tigers or IS-2.

The only difference I can see happening is that they will be limited to 1 per game so they can't just get around the limit with decrew.
nee
2 Aug 2015, 16:12 PM

I personally don't think Pershing should be limited to 1. I can imagine it being a bit inferior when compared to Axis heavies, considering it was Sherman 2.0 and on steroids in CoH1, which makes the unit underpowered if it's limited to 1.
Plus, the whole vehicle crew issue thing would probably cause technical errors (re getting more Pershings when you shouldn't, or worse, NOT getting another Pershing because it thinks you still have it). IMO Relic put E8 in T4 rather than limitations for this very reason. It already has the higher costs and CP, I can only imagine Pershing is just a ore powerful version with appropriately higher costs and of course replaces the E8 option.
2 Aug 2015, 21:19 PM

Relic could also be denying that Pershing and Caliope is coming because of NDA you never know.
3 Aug 2015, 01:30 AM

Relic could also be denying that Pershing and Caliope is coming because of NDA you never know.

if that is the case then why did relic bother creating heavy tank skins for USF in the first place? as a previous poster said it'd be a waste of time and money for them to do it if they are not going to do it at all.
3 Aug 2015, 01:32 AM

Pershing would be an Allied Panther, and Panther is not a heavy tank.
3 Aug 2015, 01:47 AM

Pershing would be an Allied Panther, and Panther is not a heavy tank.

true but its was classified as a heavy tank up until korea but nevertheless it will probably be like as you said; an allied panther
4 Aug 2015, 01:03 AM

nevertheless USF need to be reworked as well as adding new units because they are lacking in the variety department unlike the other 4 factions
4 Aug 2015, 02:05 AM

nevertheless USF need to be reworked as well as adding new units because they are lacking in the variety department unlike the other 4 factions

You really have an obsession with USF, huh?

USF doesn't really lack anything except Rocket Artillery, because Relic didn't add the Xylophone for some reason.

4 Aug 2015, 02:10 AM

USF doesn't really lack anything except Rocket Artillery, because Relic didn't add the Xylophone for some reason.

im talking about T0 all they can do is just spam pogues and riflemen, no MGs not even a jeep
4 Aug 2015, 02:50 AM

I agree he's kinda annoying but saying the USF isn't lacking in variety is absurd. No HE mines, only one nondoc AT mine, no mortar, no halftrack, no nondoc bargain TD, no sniper, and like you stated no MLRS.
4 Aug 2015, 02:51 AM

im talking about T0 all they can do is just spam pogues and riflemen, no MGs not even a jeep

That's not unusual for T0, the main difference is that their T1 / T2 come later rather than immediately.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 82
Poland 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak