Login

russian armor

Sturmtiger breaks the game

PAGES (8)down
8 Aug 2015, 05:21 AM

Such unit like Sturmtiger breaks the game. It one shot killes everything. Especially annoying when it hides behind some building or thick trees and wipes capping inf. There is no chance to survives when it hits and when it hits it kills anything in one shot.

Demo charge does the exact same thing u said... should we also remove demo charges? IMO... Nope.
8 Aug 2015, 08:15 AM

Demo charge does the exact same thing u said... should we also remove demo charges? IMO... Nope.

Demo charge can be easily deteced and avoided (even without detecting).
Demo charge won't blow up your tank or entire army.

Stutmtiger will. It's like B-4 with precision strike. I belive we should bring back precision strike since Strumtiger is perfectly fine.
8 Aug 2015, 09:18 AM

Permanently Banned

It was just a suggestion...

Nobody complains about the B4 or the Priest today. People did complain about the B4 precision strike and now relic has decided to give that ability to on a 45 range vehicle that shoots through everything and doesn't at least have the easy 2-click counter that you can use until it gets fixed.

I don't know what AVRE is so I can't comment on that. Is it going to 1-shot units every 90 seconds?

I am wait thread about Avre from AXIS boys :D.
8 Aug 2015, 09:21 AM

Permanently Banned
OK, if the NDA lifted on this, I just tell you the story of COH2 AVRE.

AVRE frontally move into 2 rakentens, one stolen 6-pounder, one Panther. With 4 AT units shooting at the AVRE, AVRE one shot two Rakentens, in spite I instant retreat after they release the rockets, AVRE reversed into safety with 65% health, reload on the move.

This engagement looped until I have nothing left than my hopeless Panther. :foreveralone:

Why didn't I pursue the AVRE with Panther? 17 pounder and Firefly, of course.

True story bro :). Maybe You say to us what armor have this 2 units and RNG Kappa. Whine about units who was in alpha, but we dont know what it be in game (read relic alpha forum and listen testers that the question).
9 Aug 2015, 11:42 AM

I just wish to point out that 90% of you are complaining about a unit that is fundamentally the same as it was last patch.

The sturmtiger now has an increased PENETRATION and AOE PENETRATION. From 150 to 1000.

Infantry units (except shocks and osttruppen (or some strange unit that got like 0.1 armour on vet for some reason)) have an armour value of 1.

I fail to see how a 850 armour penetraiton increase has any noticeable affect on its anti infantry powers.

**OH BUT DERPHERPFARCE IT HAS 5 MORE RANGE**

Then just reduce its range by 5?? Why you gotta reinvent the wheel with every balance change?
9 Aug 2015, 12:19 PM

I just wish to point out that 90% of you are complaining about a unit that is fundamentally the same as it was last patch.

Many things have changed with the last few patches. Units that themselves have not changed can suddenly become a lot more nasty or a lot less useful than before. Factions, units and commanders do not exist in isolation. Saying that unit X was fine last patch therefore it must by fine this patch is extremely short sighted.

A simple example is the M20 and LTD tech vs Ostheer.
Pre-patch, rushing LTD and an M20 was the go-to strat for USF vs Ost, yet in this patch it has fallen completely out of favor even-though the LTD and M20 have received a grand total of 0 changes.
9 Aug 2015, 12:40 PM

Let me try your weed. <444>_<444>

I can foresee the anti-AVRE thread in September, will be 10X more chaos than this.

Actually, AVRE is most balanced out of them all because of range and aim time.

Anyway, I see this thread have gathered crapload of hypocrites who QQ about stuff like B4 or ISU but yet consider Sturm to be fine.

Double standards much?
9 Aug 2015, 16:54 PM

Actually, AVRE is most balanced out of them all because of range and aim time.

Anyway, I see this thread have gathered crapload of hypocrites who QQ about stuff like B4 or ISU but yet consider Sturm to be fine.

Double standards much?

ISU has more armor, longer range, and can sight for itself. The B4 cost literally only 3 popcap, had at vet 1 100% accuracy over the entire map, and could do upwards of enough damage to 1 shot a Elefant or Tiger.

Comparing the old B4 and the Sturmtiger is just silly. Oh and the ISU doesn't have abandon chances on reload.

The AVRE has better armor, speed, and health than the Sturmtiger while having reload on the move, target tracking and of course a turret. The only thing it didn't have was 45-50 range; it just had 40. Which wasn't much of an issue since you couldn't run away anyway since it didn't need to stop to fire.
9 Aug 2015, 18:21 PM

ISU has more armor, longer range, and can sight for itself. The B4 cost literally only 3 popcap, had at vet 1 100% accuracy over the entire map, and could do upwards of enough damage to 1 shot a Elefant or Tiger.

Comparing the old B4 and the Sturmtiger is just silly. Oh and the ISU doesn't have abandon chances on reload.

The AVRE has better armor, speed, and health than the Sturmtiger while having reload on the move, target tracking and of course a turret. The only thing it didn't have was 45-50 range; it just had 40. Which wasn't much of an issue since you couldn't run away anyway since it didn't need to stop to fire.

So you consider a bug as a argument?
And even then, what next? You think you can afford to get double triple B4 (except 4v4).
Can B4 and Sturmtiger wipe entire army?
Yes.
Kill mediums?
Yes.
Shoot form Fog?
Yes.
Counter them with 2 clicks?
Only B4.
Reaviling position after first shot?
Only B4 (immobile).
Precision strike?
Only Sturmtiger.
Free precision strike?
Only Sturmtiger.

And again dont use bugs /bad design as an argument.
9 Aug 2015, 18:35 PM

Permanently Banned
sturmtiger also, costs a hell of a lot more than 1 b4. Can't forget that.
9 Aug 2015, 19:06 PM

So you consider a bug as a argument?
And even then, what next? You think you can afford to get double triple B4 (except 4v4).
Can B4 and Sturmtiger wipe entire army?
Yes.
Kill mediums?
Yes.
Shoot form Fog?
Yes.
Counter them with 2 clicks?
Only B4.
Reaviling position after first shot?
Only B4 (immobile).
Precision strike?
Only Sturmtiger.
Free precision strike?
Only Sturmtiger.

And again dont use bugs /bad design as an argument.

Bug's are a part of balance so long as they are in the game, the B4 decrewing thing has been around since the commander has been out so at this point it's just "a feature". The old B4 was broken because it could 1 shot heavies at any range on the map, while the only thing the Sturmtiger can 1 shot is tanks with 640 health or less at a range of 45 or less.

I'm not saying the Sturmtiger is fine, but it's not nearly as abusive as the old B4 and I'm tired of people constantly trying to compare some mildly powerful unit to one of the most broken things in the game because they are bitter.

I support the Sturmtiger becoming a true artillery unit, it would give OKW something it desperately needs.
9 Aug 2015, 19:27 PM

Bug's are a part of balance so long as they are in the game, the B4 decrewing thing has been around since the commander has been out so at this point it's just "a feature". The old B4 was broken because it could 1 shot heavies at any range on the map, while the only thing the Sturmtiger can 1 shot is tanks with 640 health or less at a range of 45 or less.

I'm not saying the Sturmtiger is fine, but it's not nearly as abusive as the old B4 and I'm tired of people constantly trying to compare some mildly powerful unit to one of the most broken things in the game because they are bitter.

I support the Sturmtiger becoming a true artillery unit, it would give OKW something it desperately needs.

Bugs are part of balance? Then we should nerf Sturmtiger since there is repair bug. So, nerf ST, right?

So since B4 cannot 1shot heavies why not give it precision? IT will shoot down only mediums just like ST.
9 Aug 2015, 20:24 PM

Bugs are part of balance? Then we should nerf Sturmtiger since there is repair bug. So, nerf ST, right?

So since B4 cannot 1shot heavies why not give it precision? IT will shoot down only mediums just like ST.

Except the ST doesn't cost only MP, it's limited to 1, has 45 range instead of several hundred, and whatnot and so forth. Stop trying to compare apples to oranges. It would be like me trying to compare Sturmpio's to a KV8 because both do good infantry damage.

Just get rid of the repair bug, problem solved. But if you think the Sturmtiger is "broken" on the level of the old B4 your nuts. Since literally every match people would go B4, were the Sturmtiger still isn't a popular unit.
9 Aug 2015, 21:14 PM

Except the ST doesn't cost only MP, it's limited to 1, has 45 range instead of several hundred, and whatnot and so forth. Stop trying to compare apples to oranges. It would be like me trying to compare Sturmpio's to a KV8 because both do good infantry damage.

Just get rid of the repair bug, problem solved. But if you think the Sturmtiger is "broken" on the level of the old B4 your nuts. Since literally every match people would go B4, were the Sturmtiger still isn't a popular unit.

Except B4 means you have no heavy tank, it's countered by 2 clicks, it's immobile, it does not have precision strike anymore and you can't afford more than 1 etc...

You are so one-sided here...

Get rid of bug? Sure, but you said that bugs are important for balance and since bug is not fixed ST should be nerfed, right? What about rilfe nade but with too late animation? Nefr it?
Or Jadgtiger extra shot when using pircing shells? Nerf it to the ground?

ST isn't popular? Since the patch Elite Armor is in loadout of almost everyplayer.
9 Aug 2015, 22:01 PM

I'd accept both being removed. Getting rid of demo would instantly improve CoH2.
9 Aug 2015, 22:02 PM

I'd accept both being removed. Getting rid of demo would instantly improve CoH2.

And axis blobbing.
9 Aug 2015, 22:04 PM

And axis blobbing.

!?

Any blobbing needs to go. Allies have had their fair share too. PTRS blobs, rifleman blobs, everyone could blob last patch. I Don't see why you focus on axis blobbing when it's on both sides.

I was even saying let the ST go if it means demo goes. That's a balanced argument, why not try making one too?
9 Aug 2015, 22:10 PM

Blobbing as Axis isn't a good idea or feasible in the meta anymore, it's not an argument for the existence of demo charges. Especially since Soviets have a lot of blob counters; OKW doesn't.
10 Aug 2015, 12:07 PM

I'm all for blob counters but the sturm tiger is a one shot win the game if enemy blobs. Its just ridiculously over the top.

Same for old B4 (although even now the b4 is just a shit idea for a unit), same for AVRE when it comes out.
10 Aug 2015, 13:14 PM

mod,please lock this thread we have a one similar thread,and no its not game breaking i just killed a sturmtiger with a stuart its clrearly l2p issue on ur side

You needed a stuart huh? I take it out with conscript rifle fire.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS