Login

russian armor

CoH2 is the most unbalanced game ever

2 Jul 2015, 13:47 PM
Donator 11

Well I will say CoH2 is the most poorly balanced game RN, its all due to how long it takes for their patches to kick in and their unwillingness to listen to the community but make good judgments on it. Their patches over buff something or over nerf units pushing them hard into the meta or completely wiping out the doctrines you can go (B4,kv1 commander for a start).
You can argue with me all you want but this is going to be my final view on this game. The bias is reaching critical levels, we don't get a lot of information about the game and how units that are adjust are supposed to fit their roles. Its almost impossible to talk strategies or if units are broken without someone calling you a "Wehraboo" or an "allies fanboy" leaving all discussions null and boring.

There is no counter play if you take out call ins for soviets, USF gets beat down by mg spam, and the only way for USF to win is to spam Jacksons to stop panther spam. There isn't a fair game, and its getting duller by the minute as axis and allies go the same commanders and don't have options to explore other ones to get a different game. Adding the Brits wont help the bitterness in the community and its unwillingness to discus balance issues and be open to changes. The past 2 weeks I have made posts constructive topics and issues and half the posts are filled with "its a l2p issue" without even giving the idea a try, they skip the wall of text and look for a TLDR without giving it a thought.

If we want this game to be here after the British launch, we as a community need to get better at communicating and telling people our reasoning behind it. Rn it takes 3 pages of talk to convince Alex that something needs changed. Balance patches are another issues, they should be smaller but more often to keep the META in check and make it so we cant spam broken units and make even more people put the game down, last but not least we need to understand both factions and how they operate. Play a few games as the other faction and think about it from a balance stand point rather than looking at the RAW W/L ratio as those wont till you that much.

This game as it stands is almost impossible to balance without overhauls, not even ESL would allow this to fly and in order to fix this we need more open minds not "l2p" or "Working as intended". Remember this is our game and our passion, we shape this game and its competitive back bone.

2 Jul 2015, 13:52 PM

Well I will say CoH2 is the most poorly balanced game RN, its all due to how long it takes for their patches to kick in and their unwillingness to listen to the community but make good judgments on it. Their patches over buff something or over nerf units pushing them hard into the meta or completely wiping out the doctrines you can go (B4,kv1 commander for a start).
You can argue with me all you want but this is going to be my final view on this game. The bias is reaching critical levels, we don't get a lot of information about the game and how units that are adjust are supposed to fit their roles. Its almost impossible to talk strategies or if units are broken without someone calling you a "Wehraboo" or an "allies fanboy" leaving all discussions null and boring.

There is no counter play if you take out call ins for soviets, USF gets beat down by mg spam, and the only way for USF to win is to spam Jacksons to stop panther spam. There isn't a fair game, and its getting duller by the minute as axis and allies go the same commanders and don't have options to explore other ones to get a different game. Adding the Brits wont help the bitterness in the community and its unwillingness to discus balance issues and be open to changes. The past 2 weeks I have made posts constructive topics and issues and half the posts are filled with "its a l2p issue" without even giving the idea a try, they skip the wall of text and look for a TLDR without giving it a thought.

If we want this game to be here after the British launch, we as a community need to get better at communicating and telling people our reasoning behind it. Rn it takes 3 pages of talk to convince Alex that something needs changed. Balance patches are another issues, they should be smaller but more often to keep the META in check and make it so we cant spam broken units and make even more people put the game down, last but not least we need to understand both factions and how they operate. Play a few games as the other faction and think about it from a balance stand point rather than looking at the RAW W/L ratio as those wont till you that much.

This game as it stands is almost impossible to balance without overhauls, not even ESL would allow this to fly and in order to fix this we need more open minds not "l2p" or "Working as intended". Remember this is our game and our passion, we shape this game and its competitive back bone.

Hey, L2P, everything is working as intended! :D
2 Jul 2015, 14:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2015, 12:16 PMOBK
I'm playing CoH2 from beginning, every patch I can see how relic tried to balance this crap, but the last patch is the worst ever. At this moment is impossible to win with german army, the fucking USA always has more people than you in each battle, better weapons and more granades. The anormal russians are the best army of the game, with "hurra", 120mm mortar and more than 4 T34 at min 12 ¿WTF?

I uninstalled this game, because is dissapointing to see how real noobs win me effortless. Then bye bye forever, there are more RTS game with more balance and sense.

RELIC is maybe the worst company ever, with nerd employeds unable to balance their game.

Yes it is. The 2's, 3's, and 4v4 mode is more unbalanced than ever, in favor of the axis. In 1v1, Russians still seem slightly better than either German faction but the gap isn't much.

Taking away precision shot from the Soviet mortars made them much less useful. I've had a 82mm mortar get less than 10 kills in a 4v4. On the other side, I had a Ost mortar get 57 kills in one game. Nerfing the 120 and leaving the pop cap at 10 was way too much of a nerf. Based on performance, the Ost mortar should be at least as expensive as a 120.

MG's are similarly unbalanced. The Maxim is good only for assaults, which means that its utility is greatly diminished after 10 minutes. I've tried the DHSKA and it isn't that much better than it used to be, and still not useful for crowd control.
2 Jul 2015, 14:18 PM

There's some stuff that pretty much is unanimously agreed to be detrimental to the game that could easily be at least improved and Relic just refuse to do it in any kind of timely fashion.

Soviet/OH teching in comparison to USF/OKW is obviously borked.
The call in meta is obviously borked.

These two are essentially related. SU/OH essentially nullify huge problems with their armies by relying on call ins. Its been an issue for over 12 months, everybody sees it, relic acknowledge it, nothing changes.

2 Jul 2015, 14:19 PM

The problem isn't us, it is Relic. They made the decisions. They will continue to make bad ones.

My only choice is whether or not to continue supporting them by buying DLC or expansions, which I will probably stop.
OBK
2 Jul 2015, 14:27 PM

I know is not easy to balance a game like Coh2, but I'm sure another company would a better work than Relic, this is the worst team ever!!!!
OBK
2 Jul 2015, 14:29 PM

Sorry double post.
2 Jul 2015, 14:39 PM

It's easy to balance a game in reality, especially a game like COH 2, it's not like a Wargame Airland battle.

But the problem is first of all the Beta Testers ( how you want they balance the game, If i can smash them after 5 min, soviet vs ostheer, they can't see wich unit is Op ), and Relic choice to make diversity between armys.

More Armys are asymetrical, more they are unbalance.
2 Jul 2015, 14:46 PM

It's easy to balance a game in reality, especially a game like COH 2, it's not like a Wargame Airland battle.

But the problem is first of all the Beta Testers ( how you want they balance the game, If i can smash them after 5 min, soviet vs ostheer, they can't see wich unit is Op ), and Relic choice to make diversity between armys.

More Armys are asymetrical, more they are unbalance.

Warcraft III: Frozen Throne was pretty balanced and all 4 races were COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.
2 Jul 2015, 14:51 PM

Warcraft III: Frozen Throne was pretty balanced and all 4 races were COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

but we have relic not blizzard...
2 Jul 2015, 14:57 PM

lol :D since new patch i had some luck and i won about 20 games in row most of the time i played as axis but anyway. <444>3 2vs2

Luck

You don't need much luck with current MG42, suppressing grens or 60% close range accuracy cheap stug :D
2 Jul 2015, 15:11 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Thanks for sharing this with us, I had a good laugh.

2 Jul 2015, 15:22 PM

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure this game only has about a year's life left in it. Sony isn't going to sit here and watch a game with such a low player base continue to suck resources.

The smart folks at Relic seem to have seen the writing on the wall and are leaving the sinking ship in droves.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Relic written off entirely - exactly what other assets do they have that makes Sony any money at all?

2 Jul 2015, 15:27 PM

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure this game only has about a year's life left in it. Sony isn't going to sit here and watch a game with such a low player base continue to suck resources.

The smart folks at Relic seem to have seen the writing on the wall and are leaving the sinking ship in droves.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Relic written off entirely - exactly what other assets do they have that makes Sony any money at all?

:facepalm:
2 Jul 2015, 15:45 PM

Care, its Sega ^^

(Katitof is not really good in social thing, better place an emote and not gently correct him right ?)
2 Jul 2015, 16:16 PM

Jesus man do the needful if your going to have a meltdown about people being mean on the fourms don't include me in it. So far this patch iv done my best to be reasonable

2 Jul 2015, 16:35 PM

All those factions are fictional and dont portray real armies that use the same equipment. Asymmetrical factional works in games like those and will always fail in a game like COH 2
2 Jul 2015, 16:37 PM

This thread gave me cancer. :foreveralone:
Therefore any other thread like this one can give me cancer too. :foreveralone:

But on a serious note yes this patch sux(patch itself while decent is 1/5 of what was supposed to be rolled out to balance almost everything)so 85s, 120s, guards, dank hunterz, and medium armor spammerino with KT + Jadg is becoming a problem. :foreveralone:

USF is still a bit of a problem early game, but later on USF is weaker. :foreveralone:

And yes Relic takes foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to balance simple things, but at least they have done so.......slowly..........very very slowly. :foreveralone:
2 Jul 2015, 16:43 PM
Admin Red  Badge

I remember the innumerable posts about CoH2's soon death back in summer 2013. And still this game (somehow) lives. :guyokay:

The most recent patch went in the right direction all in all. If the rest of the Alpha changes (#NDA) will be applied in an reasonable amount of time this game could allure more players.

Other than that I cannot take OBK serious. :S

2 Jul 2015, 16:46 PM

Going by the stats website we can tell the top 200 players prefer to play Ostheer the most, and OKW the least for 1v1 and 2v2. Which is kinda funny IMO.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★