Login

russian armor

CAS Pin Strafe + Recon + Stuka Dive Bomb in Base

1 Jul 2015, 14:28 PM

You're really dumber then you look like.

I've posted about stuka dive vs arty.

You said to move or uninstall.

Show me how you move ML-20 out of stuka dive range or eat your own advise and uninstall instead going full retard like sierra.

Dodging is easy, see the warning? move units, its simple, that way you wont have your stuff destroyed, see?

:megusta:
1 Jul 2015, 14:40 PM

If they make artillery unable to be built in base sectors then I see no problem with the Stuka dive bomb not being be used in base sectors
1 Jul 2015, 15:08 PM

can someone define blob for me pls

is 3 cons with 1 guard and 1 or 2 mgs blob?

or 4 cons is blob?

or 2 mgs 3cons is blob?

CAS imo is very very powerfull doctrine now considering the mg and t3 changes.

ive killed is2's easily.. TWP with stug on it and use AT strafe. guarenteed kill 99% of the time.

imo this doctrine needs ammo conversion removed.
1 Jul 2015, 16:08 PM

Anyways, lets retake it before he comes again,

it is that hard for you to move units when a stuka siren can be heard? or red flares for the ATstrafe? lol

Its really hard when okw sends flare then OST send strafe run instant pins my sherman or priest crews that are repairing then he calls stuka dive bomb to destroy my tanks/priest and crew if I don't retreat them, all infantry or crews on screen and close enough are pined and have to retreat or die with the stuka dive bomb. If some survive then he can rush in volks p4 or panther to clean up or possibly steal them if I cant get other infantry to protect them quick enough or they might just get pinned by the time they get near them again.

Kinda hard to drive your vehicles away when your crew is pinned and can't recrew your vehicle. That is broken other than recon all of them should share cool downs with each other, and AI strafe needs smaller AOE does not matter if you start running away even when you very first see flare they still get pinned. Ammo conversion removed most everyone agrees.

Wtf classifies blobbing you mean a combined arms big push is blobbing? I think not especially if VPs are close and your focused on attacking one point because you have to. Usually when playing a CAS skilless I usually dodge stuka dive, at strafe probably up to 10 times in some cases but if even for one second I miss one stuka dive bomb or AT strafe cause i'm microing tanks or infantry on other side of the map and you cant hear the stuka if your not near where its dropping, boom maybe I lose game changing vehicles, or my major ambulance and half my infantry.

That is what makes it broken as I have to do 10 times as much micro ( which it seems to me allies have to do anyways ) moving my shit around all game then somehow at the same time have to watch that my tanks are not flanked by shreks and other tanks, or rifle nades aren't wiping my infantry, etc. The game is suppose to be about preservation of infantry and especially armor this doctrine basicly rewards the skilless causing you to lose vet infantry and tanks that you maintained from superior micro. Also stops you from making about any big push and can do it for the rest of the game about 25-30 mins in. No one can look everywhere on the map at once and It dosen't matter if stuka bomb misses 4 out of 5 times or what have you if it hit once it can be game ruining.
1 Jul 2015, 16:36 PM

CAS makes larger games painful. Having recently played 4v4 with 2 Ost players going CAS, and 2 OKW players going heavy armor, it was ugly. CAS stuka dive bombs almost constantly in game. Could not sit still long enough to repair vehicles, and infantry literally constantly pinned all game. Obviously artillery was out of the question. You can beat it but it felt like griefing.
1 Jul 2015, 17:11 PM

The problem with CAS is that, Allies have no counter play to this what so ever. Skill planes does not equal skills.
1 Jul 2015, 17:26 PM

Make the fuel to muni conversion an always on thing like Soviet Industry. Fuel income is reduced by 33% and munitions income is increased by 50%.
1 Jul 2015, 17:46 PM

Requires lot of munitions and really GOOD timing.
Nevertheless, the AI strafe pin area need to be smaller, cause it catches squad way out of the designated zone.

i agree that the pinning area is huge.
1 Jul 2015, 17:58 PM

Make the fuel to muni conversion an always on thing like Soviet Industry. Fuel income is reduced by 33% and munitions income is increased by 50%.

I feel like this is the best solution. It'll delay tech and force OH to play without tanks instead of just stockpiling fuel and converting on demand.

Soviet Windustry would probably be just as OP if instead of passive conversion you could just spend MP to buy fuel.

No commander should be able to instantly convert large amounts of resources instantaneously on demand. It hugely nullifies the trade off aspect.
1 Jul 2015, 18:07 PM

That would be a nice way to adjust CAS, but what about the Ostruppen doctrine? :(
1 Jul 2015, 18:07 PM

CAS needs to be adjusted, mostly AT strafe which one shots your armored column, BUT, if you have a huge blob and you have to insta-retreat them all, you deserve it. It's also not that cheap.

IMO, Convert to muni should be more expensive, and AT strafe should be adjusted some how, specially when called near the edge of the map. But don't blob.
1 Jul 2015, 18:08 PM

Very hard to time correctly. Luftwaffe Supply flame bombs a lot better at punishing mass retreats.

Note to self: Get luftwaffles doctrine. :foreveralone:

Also as a side note CAS is one of the most meta doctrines known to man atm. Do I think it's balanced? Mmmmm........it would be if AA halftracks were effective at shooting planes down before they got away with what they do. :foreveralone:
1 Jul 2015, 18:11 PM

Note to self: Get luftwaffles doctrine. :foreveralone:

Also as a side note CAS is one of the most meta doctrines known to man atm. Do I think it's balanced? Mmmmm........it would be if AA halftracks were effective at shooting planes down before they got away with what they do. :foreveralone:

And if I didn't cringe in terror at the sound of a plane crashing.
1 Jul 2015, 18:18 PM

That would be a nice way to adjust CAS, but what about the Ostruppen doctrine? :(

If I were to "fix" the Oustruppen doctrine I would go a couple of things:

- Oustruppen now replace gren's, no longer have 25% received accuracy
- ROF and Accuracy bonus now properly applies when in buildings
- Artillery Field Officer stays the same
- Conversion replaced with soft reduction (10-20%) of fuel income for a moderate increase in MP income (20-30%) that kicks in at 3 CP like Soviet Industry. Also increased rate at which MP based units are built
- Railway artillery replaced with Command Panther that gives bonus's to tanks and infantry, trade off is it can only get to vet 3 and it has no mark target. Comes at 11 CP's and is limited to 1.

Would be a doctrine actually focused on buffing large amounts of infantry and using support weapons to make up for your weaker base infantry rather than a gimmick doctrine were you just spam miners and bunkers while wishing you just had CAS to use instead.
1 Jul 2015, 18:41 PM
Donator 33

Buff tanks and infantry? Bad idea already.
1 Jul 2015, 18:48 PM

Anyways, lets retake it before he comes again,

it is that hard for you to move units when a stuka siren can be heard? or red flares for the ATstrafe? lol

I'm sorry, but what can you know about dodging 2sec strafe if you havent done it even once? -_-

_______
I think, if AA unit is in range of 0-50 from the place where plane is heading, it should take it down before strafe. Same if plane is heading for AA unit.
1 Jul 2015, 19:14 PM

Permanently Banned
lol all these noob scrubs crying.

getting pinned? dont blob. period.
getting your tank strafed? there is a red smoke just like artillery.

They cost shitload of munitions and transfer = no tanks.

If you lose, you get outplayed

aha Say it to kv-2 in assault mode, about red smokes and pathing in this game.
1 Jul 2015, 19:18 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2015, 09:01 AMNEVEC
2 clicks killing howitzer, so much skill needed.

Suggestion: remove recon plane.

Imo the main problem that this doc counter all, tanks, infatry, howitzer, AT gun and 110 ammo to wipe tanks :snfBarton: when relic speak that so many wipes in game.
1 Jul 2015, 19:21 PM

Buff tanks and infantry? Bad idea already.

You know every command tank already does this right
1 Jul 2015, 19:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2015, 15:08 PMSmaug
can someone define blob for me pls

unit spacing.

4 pios piggybacking is a blob.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L