Login

russian armor

Why No Maxim Buff?

PAGES (9)down
27 Jun 2015, 16:23 PM
Donator 33

Maybe not 2 months, but two years later....see how long they needed to deal with SU-76M and the tier rebalance...That's something Cruzz could finished on his own within one day. :(
Can you trust Cruzz with 1 day as the God of balance? Since i have heard that he is the biggest Axis/Allied fanboy of the whole community, and in 2-4 months Relic might add the remaining "Alpha" changes to the game to make "everyone happy"
27 Jun 2015, 16:47 PM
Donator 11

Yea but even in the alpha they didnt have anything for the maxim (at the time of it)
27 Jun 2015, 16:52 PM
Donator 11

It also arguably benefits more from garrisoning than other MGs, considering how much faster it can pack up between windows.

All team weapons which can be garrisoned within a building now share the same setup/re-position time of 4 seconds
27 Jun 2015, 17:05 PM

Permanently Banned
tell them to fix the fucking retreat animation. Thats all i want
27 Jun 2015, 17:16 PM

Permanently Banned
Increase its damage

maxim has to be good at something
27 Jun 2015, 17:37 PM

To many axis fan boys here mg42 is ok , but is fine yeah ok

Everybody agrees that is to effective against units in green cover and needs toning down related to this thing so wtf is your problem anyway?
27 Jun 2015, 17:55 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2015, 17:37 PMJohnnyB

Everybody agrees that is to effective against units in green cover and needs toning down related to this thing so wtf is your problem anyway?

it needs a cost increase
27 Jun 2015, 18:00 PM
Donator 11

I agree with queen. If they want to keep the MG where its at they should increase its costs. Thats not what we are supposed to be comparing here though, make sure we stay on topic and dont tear one another apart, we all want a fair game so make sure that we make balence suggestions that make sense. I dont think the maxim needs a damage increase, it shouldnt do a whole lot of damg as since the low squad size of axis factions. Giving it suppression should be good enough as a change to see how the meta adjusts. If its still crap make the arc a little bit bigger but reduce the pack up time.

Remember the maxim shouldn't be able to swivel and insta pin a squad but it should be able to suppress more than 1 squad and pin 1-3 if they stay there long enough.
27 Jun 2015, 18:02 PM

Just remove the fucking 25% more received accuracy MG's get. There now blobbing against them doesn't work because the crew doesn't drop like flies. Also: the maxim now has a good gimmick! It's really really hard to kill.

And the MG42 getting a cost increase would need to make it get moved to the HQ because Ost has very little MP at game start, if it was expensive AND gated behind tech people would go back to blobbing grens which is just so fun for everyone right?

EDIT: Like the shear amount of hyperbole in this thread is just disgusting, making the maxim sound like it's on Partisan/old Su-76 levels of bad, jesus.
27 Jun 2015, 18:14 PM
Donator 11

Just remove the fucking 25% more received accuracy MG's get. There now blobbing against them doesn't work because the crew doesn't drop like flies. Also: the maxim now has a good gimmick! It's really really hard to kill.

And the MG42 getting a cost increase would need to make it get moved to the HQ because Ost has very little MP at game start, if it was expensive AND gated behind tech people would go back to blobbing grens which is just so fun for everyone right?

EDIT: Like the shear amount of hyperbole in this thread is just disgusting, making the maxim sound like it's on Partisan/old Su-76 levels of bad, jesus.

The squad health isnt what is wrong with the unit alex. Im talking about it suppression and how good it is as an HGM. Whats its role? combat or suppression platform?

the MG42 shouldn't not be locked behind tech, but a 10-20 mp increase wont kill you. Wher already got or should be getting an increase in starting mp to allow for different strats.

adjusting its received accuracy isnt necessary.
27 Jun 2015, 18:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2015, 18:14 PMMittens

The squad health isnt what is wrong with the unit alex. Im talking about it suppression and how good it is as an HGM. Whats its role? combat or suppression platform?

the MG42 shouldn't not be locked behind tech, but a 10-20 mp increase wont kill you. Wher already got or should be getting an increase in starting mp to allow for different strats.

adjusting its received accuracy isnt necessary.

They didn't get it, and the "role" of the maxim is supposed to be a durable support weapon that you can use more offensively. It's not supposed to sit on a point forever waiting for people to come to it, it's supposed to be used to help feth up single high value enemy target squads.

Except the problem is that the 25% received accuracy makes it way to fragile for this role, the maxim (when it gets the proper incremental accuracy bonus it should) without that received accuracy would be able to actually stick round on the field before dropping like flies.

I would be fine with a 260 MP MG42, if it was combined with cheaper pio's.
27 Jun 2015, 18:31 PM
Donator 11

They didn't get it, and the "role" of the maxim is supposed to be a durable support weapon that you can use more offensively. It's not supposed to sit on a point forever waiting for people to come to it, it's supposed to be used to help feth up single high value enemy target squads.

Except the problem is that the 25% received accuracy makes it way to fragile for this role, the maxim (when it gets the proper incremental accuracy bonus it should) without that received accuracy would be able to actually stick round on the field before dropping like flies.

I would be fine with a 260 MP MG42, if it was combined with cheaper pio's.

I mean it could use a recive accuracy adjustment but its not required. I dont want the maxim to sit on the field and hold a point but it should suppress units in its cone of fire. That should be a given.

I suggested adjusting packup time to make it feel like I'm not some hard Ally fanboy. Its stupid it can only suppress and pin one unit
27 Jun 2015, 18:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2015, 18:31 PMMittens

I mean it could use a recive accuracy adjustment but its not required. I dont want the maxim to sit on the field and hold a point but it should suppress units in its cone of fire. That should be a given.

I suggested adjusting packup time to make it feel like I'm not some hard Ally fanboy. Its stupid it can only suppress and pin one unit

It having good single target suppression but no AoE suppression is how Relic wants it to work. That means we need to think of ways to make it better while still operating within those restrictions.

It having much better survivability would go a long way towards stopping the whole "gunner dies squad gets caught in loop trying to crew or move the weapon".
27 Jun 2015, 18:40 PM
Donator 33

Green cover still works. I really don't get where the problem is.

A squad in green cover will not get suppressed by a Kubel/MG42 unless it's badly positioned or being shot at from the side (just like Brad showed us in the relic stream yesterday).

That being said, I think the MG42 is fine. It does suppress squads in the open reliably (why shouldn't it?) and to some extent in yellow cover at max range (like all HMGs).
27 Jun 2015, 18:43 PM

Stop this nonsense. Both kubel and hmg42 suppress in first burst. Where maxim advantage in suppression? It have both disadvantages in suppressing single squad, AoE suppression, and arc of fire. In 1v1 maxim vs hmg42 duel it all comes down to who start firing first and have better cover.

Removing increased accuracy from hmgs is terrible idea, because hmg 42, which can pack under fire of flanking conscripts and walk away into safety of firing arc of other hmg untouched is one of the coh2 horrors which should never be brought to life again.
27 Jun 2015, 18:44 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Offensive post #87 invised

Back to topic
27 Jun 2015, 18:44 PM

Permanently Banned
PRICE INCREASE PRICE INCREASE PRICE INCREASE PRICE INCREASE

NO ON WANTS IT NURFED!MG42 NEEDS A PRICE INCREASE!!
27 Jun 2015, 18:49 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

PRICE INCREASE PRICE INCREASE PRICE INCREASE PRICE INCREASE

NO ON WANTS IT NURFED!MG42 NEEDS A PRICE INCREASE!!

Why are you shouting? Cool your heels, kindly :)
27 Jun 2015, 18:53 PM

Permanently Banned

Why are you shouting? Cool your heels, kindly :)

PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS