Login

russian armor

Why No Maxim Buff?

PAGES (9)down
26 Jun 2015, 23:27 PM

Yeah, no.

AoE suppression on the maxim is going to be dumb.

2013. Been there, done that.
wait so its ok for a blob of infantry to walk in to a hmg field of fire, not get supressed and kill it? Ofcourse it will get compensated for the buff like a increase to its set up time, thats a poor excuse for a mg to not perform its job
26 Jun 2015, 23:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 23:26 PMaaa

Yeah, just played with the buffed DHSK

fak your 2v2s noone cares about them. Posts about 234s is just a spam

Wow, grumpy much?
And I am one of those voting for increased suppression on the Maxim, so why the hate?
Can you at least bring something constructive to the thread:
What did you think about the DHSK?
aaa
26 Jun 2015, 23:38 PM

What did you think about the DHSK?

It was a trash (maxims exact copy). Now I am sure it is trash too.
I think thta they must remove 234s modes cuz they dont pay attention to 1v1 balance.

I think they buffed axis hmgs insanely a lot and didnt said a word about it. It now supresses everithing in green cover. This is game breaking bug.
26 Jun 2015, 23:51 PM

They should remove you from posting. Oh, you did it yourself, great.
26 Jun 2015, 23:52 PM

Yeah, no.

AoE suppression on the maxim is going to be dumb.

2013. Been there, done that.

God forbid the soviet MG counters blobs.

The maxim cone is already thin, if you have multiple squads in that cone, you are blobbing and you should have your blob suppressed. If there was AoE suppression for the maxim, it would do nothing against players that do not blob, they would act the same way as other HMGs now.

Why is it that I need to smoke/flank/snipe any other HMG in the game, but I can simply blob right up to maxims and only have 1 squad suppressed?
aaa
26 Jun 2015, 23:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 23:51 PMJadame!
They should remove you from posting. Oh, you did it yourself, great.

who?
aaa
26 Jun 2015, 23:58 PM

The maxim cone is already thin, if you have multiple squads in that cone, you are blobbing and you should have your blob suppressed. If there was AoE suppression for the maxim, it would do nothing against players that do not blob, they would act the same way as other HMGs now.

Why is it that I need to smoke/flank/snipe any other HMG in the game, but I can simply blob right up to maxims and only have 1 squad suppressed?

I think w are talking to the wall. They dont care. Next patch they could buff axis hmgs 3d time in a row. or make a ladder for a broken game. They lost contact to reality.

You make a coompetitive 1v1 game first then a ladder.
27 Jun 2015, 00:31 AM

The Maxim spam wasn't a problem for Ost, it was a problem for OKW who don't have early game counters to Maxim spam and getting a Stuka, significantly delays teching, allowing Soviet call-ins to run rampant.

USF at least has smoke, OKW don't got squat.
27 Jun 2015, 00:34 AM

Official response from JLee:

"Its because we really didnt want the Maxim HMG to be an attack-move and suppress everything unit. Because of its fast setup and teardown, being able to lockdown a bigger area felt like it could be a little scary. I'm not saying excluding the Maxim was the right decision but we wanted to leave the possibility of that issue out for now and see how this improves all other HMG teams and come back to seeing if the Maxim also could use this. "

Do the geniuses like JLee actually play the game or are they fiddlefucking their spreadsheets again?

The Maxim is a step lower than worthless. It works somewhat okay in the early game as an attack-move squad, but the shit dps and lack of suppression mean that it can't be used defensively at all. Late game it does little besides costing upkeep.
27 Jun 2015, 00:38 AM

Because its the only MG in the game that can reasonably compensate for being flanked?

The maxim has literally been different from every other MG since the game launched. It isn't an area denial weapon, it has fast as hell traverse, reasonably fast rotation, and (not sure how the recent patch with accuracy modifiers affected dps) has up until now had better long range dps than the MG42. It also arguably benefits more from garrisoning than other MGs, considering how much faster it can pack up between windows.

Add that to the general elite infantry superiority soviets have had for a while, and their multiple blob counters including demos, you can begin to see that bitching about the Maxim is pretty dumb since its performing just fine.

27 Jun 2015, 01:02 AM

First give the maxim the traditional weaknesses of the mg before you buff it. reduce the the squad by 2 and increase pack up and setup time.
27 Jun 2015, 01:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2015, 01:02 AMZyllen

First give the maxim the traditional weaknesses of the mg before you buff it. reduce the the squad by 2 and increase pack up and setup time.

Gunner dropping the gun on retreat is even worse... Nothing better than watching 5 men die running back to pick up a maxim.

Meanwhile technology of teleporting HMG's for everyone else...
27 Jun 2015, 02:27 AM

"Why no maxim Buff?"

Pretty simple answer...

6 man squad that acts like an LMG team with suppression... If it got any better it would need a change to its squad size, deployment time and unpack time.
27 Jun 2015, 02:35 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

It also arguably benefits more from garrisoning than other MGs, considering how much faster it can pack up between windows.

All MG reposition at the same speed.
27 Jun 2015, 02:46 AM

All MG reposition at the same speed.

Do you know if re-positioning in buildings uses the reload timer or the packup/setup timer?
27 Jun 2015, 02:51 AM

Gunner dropping the gun on retreat is even worse... Nothing better than watching 5 men die running back to pick up a maxim.

Meanwhile technology of teleporting HMG's for everyone else...

A fucking annoyance, i completely agree with you on that. But still the advantages of the maxim excludes it from ever behaving like a normal mg. it would be ridiculously op if it did.
27 Jun 2015, 03:21 AM
Patrion 28

Official response from JLee:

"Its because we really didnt want the Maxim HMG to be an attack-move and suppress everything unit. Because of its fast setup and teardown, being able to lockdown a bigger area felt like it could be a little scary. I'm not saying excluding the Maxim was the right decision but we wanted to leave the possibility of that issue out for now and see how this improves all other HMG teams and come back to seeing if the Maxim also could use this. "

that's literally all it is and all it ever has been. idk why they're trying to deny that. maxim spam became a "thing" because people figured out that it worked that way and that you could hardcounter the mg42 (prior too and part of the reason for the RG buff) with the maxim.
27 Jun 2015, 03:44 AM

Relic stream confirmed that the maxim is bugged and didn't receive the incremental changes it was supposed to. Meaning it will get it's incremental accuracy and search modifiers buffed next hotfix.
PAGES (9)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS