Login

russian armor

new 'in-game store' is EVIL

26 Jun 2015, 10:43 AM

I bought dat panzergrau too

What's the big deal? It's just fun stuff for people with a bit of spare cash. You can't even buy fast food for these prices. Sell me more, Relic!

panzergrau all the way bro!
26 Jun 2015, 10:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 08:39 AMpigsoup

did anyone expect them to solely work off of their initial financial gain at launch? maybe if developing triple A game like coh2 didn't cost a fortune, things would be different.

They should stick to cosmetic from start, not p2w (some commanders were so OP, it was gamebreaking). And alot of other AAA titles can manage with alot less money-grabbing moves.
Best example? Witcher 3, released by alot smaller published than Sega.
What about vCoh? Is CoH2 that much bigger game so it needs additional money? No, they just want to get out as much money as possible. I support new campaign, or factions for money, if u can balance it.

Still, lets say all that money is purely for "upgrading" the game, what a fine job they did.
Game is still full of bugs, unoptimized and unbalanced.

U can say that it's normal for them to get as much money as they can, but u cant say that we support them in that cause when the game is still beta material.
26 Jun 2015, 11:37 AM

One of the first thing I did was check out the new skins...

Funny story...

I had 1 Heavy skin for OKW out of the set. So 5 other skins missing as they hadn't yet dropped in war spoils (shocker).

Buying the whole pack would have cost me £4.79. However due to the discount, it cost me 0.26p for the other 5 to complete my set. 0.26p TOTAL. Bargain. Maybe even a bug? Ha.
26 Jun 2015, 12:56 PM

I dont see the problem? Its not that they force you to only use that money on CoH2 stuff, no, it even takes from your wallet before it charges you anything on your credit card when you buy something else off steam.

This is simply a lazyness problem!

I'd go with this.
You'll spend that money eventually anyway.
26 Jun 2015, 14:16 PM

They should stick to cosmetic from start, not p2w (some commanders were so OP, it was gamebreaking). And alot of other AAA titles can manage with alot less money-grabbing moves.
What about vCoh? Is CoH2 that much bigger game so it needs additional money? No, they just want to get out as much money as possible. I support new campaign, or factions for money, if u can balance it.

This is because modern relic is full of incompetent developers, I mean, WFA released one year ago, 2 factions... now 365 days later they haven't even been able to release a single faction in time...

You know, when your Devs are incompetent they can't create something as fast competent ones would, that's why we are stuck with ha myriad of bugs that have never been fixed, slow patches, crap expansion packs.
26 Jun 2015, 15:42 PM
Patrion 14

Still, lets say all that money is purely for "upgrading" the game, what a fine job they did.

U can say that it's normal for them to get as much money as they can, but u cant say that we support them in that cause when the game is still beta material.

witcher 3, what a fine game and even finer developer. but things are a little different when you expect to sell millions i'm thinking.

ins't coh2 much better supported post launch than vcoh post launch? whether coh2 is a good game or not is a discussion for another time.

p2w p2w p2w. love how ppl can't get over that even though the last monthly paid commander came out a year and half ago. do people really actually think relic tried to implement p2w? i think they were just being incompetent.
26 Jun 2015, 16:24 PM

This is because modern relic is full of incompetent developers, I mean, WFA released one year ago, 2 factions... now 365 days later they haven't even been able to release a single faction in time...

You know, when your Devs are incompetent they can't create something as fast competent ones would, that's why we are stuck with ha myriad of bugs that have never been fixed, slow patches, crap expansion packs.

Pretty sure the fact that we'll only be getting one faction this time has nothing to do with that they don't develop fast enough.
27 Jun 2015, 10:55 AM

That's why some game critics like TotalBiscuit and Jim Sterling hate SEGA, and some of them are boycotted by SEGA. Every single AAA publisher does this, but some of them don't know how to make you spend your money willingly.

Look at Bethesda for example. Is there anyone here who regrets paying for their games? I doubt it (unless you hate the Genre). Look at the effort put on Witcher3 (the box and everything) by both CDPROJEKT and their numerous publishers. But most other publishers (SEGA, EA, Warner and their role mode, Ubi) get both of our money and our hate, and recently, they don't even get our money (YAAARRRRR)
27 Jun 2015, 11:09 AM
Donator 11

Don't forget unlike witcher 3 coh2 has servers it has to maintain for us to play the game 3 years after we bought it. Witcher 3 paid dlc will be along soon
28 Jun 2015, 09:55 AM

Is advanced warfare worth that half price?
28 Jun 2015, 12:51 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2015, 09:55 AMNoorbi
Is advanced warfare worth that half price?
well it used to be a "THE" META doctrine with everybody calling it OP since the spy ability used to tell the locations of enemy mines,but i dont think anyone likes ppsh cons, and probably the strongest ability of that doctrine is the single T-34/85 call in, but people dont seem to use it anymore
28 Jun 2015, 14:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2015, 12:51 PMATCF
well it used to be a "THE" META doctrine with everybody calling it OP since the spy ability used to tell the locations of enemy mines,but i dont think anyone likes ppsh cons, and probably the strongest ability of that doctrine is the single T-34/85 call in, but people dont seem to use it anymore

I hope tomorrow we get something worthy for the Axis.
28 Jun 2015, 14:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2015, 12:51 PMATCF

It is still an OK doctrine, not as strong as Guard Motor or Shock Motor, but definitely not bottom tier and the radio thing can be good to tell if the Axis are stocking up on AT. If you hear Panther, Panther, Panther, then it is probably a good idea to not call in too many T35-85s and focus on AT guns. Also it keeps you from being surprised by sudden KT.

I sometimes use the doc for fun, since you can still win games with it, without being a micro god, but if you really want to focus on winning then go with meta docs.
28 Jun 2015, 16:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2015, 23:43 PMCabreza
I can't wait to see what the community produces. It only makes sense for relic to eventually sell community created content like we have with Dota2 and CS:GO. We could be in for some absolutely amazing skins for not just tanks but infantry as well.
The skins should be in the realm of reality though, I don't want to be playing and see a pink tiger roll into my lines with Hello Kitty plastered all over the side of it.
28 Jun 2015, 23:45 PM

The skins should be in the realm of reality though, I don't want to be playing and see a pink tiger roll into my lines with Hello Kitty plastered all over the side of it.

Hello Kitty is so 2009. Prepare yourself for PONIES...
29 Jun 2015, 01:31 AM

God help us if people have fun playing this game. What a world we would live in if people actually had freedom to have fun with their camo.
29 Jun 2015, 01:52 AM
Patrion 14

yea. i personally would love to see female anime fetishism expressed on every armour units in the game.
29 Jun 2015, 02:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 01:52 AMpigsoup
yea. i personally would love to see female anime fetishism expressed on every armour units in the game.

Better grab a time machine to go tell all those pilots back in WW2 to CUT IT OUT WITH THE ANIME GUYS.
29 Jun 2015, 05:13 AM

God help us if people have fun playing this game. What a world we would live in if people actually had freedom to have fun with their camo.
Then limit it to decals. But keep the skins semi authentic.
29 Jun 2015, 10:33 AM

Pink hello kitty sure is fun stuff á la Killing Floor chicken costume, but immersion is another kinda fun that I bet most people are primarily looking for and that gets a knocking with comical skins.

I think CoH can do without the comic stuff and let Metal Gear Solid and those games have it instead.

I dont see the problem? Its not that they force you to only use that money on CoH2 stuff, no, it even takes from your wallet before it charges you anything on your credit card when you buy something else off steam.

This is simply a lazyness problem!

I didn't know that. I thought it was for coh only. Well then there isn't even a theoretical problem.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 106

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight