Login

russian armor

m1919 rifles are overperforming

25 Jun 2015, 19:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 19:24 PMRocket

Not really you having to be watching every squad on the field at one time all the time and no one can do that and thanks to pathing and dumb shit riflemen will not always move fast enough to get out of the way when your in cover like there running into each other and rifle nades still wipe in green cover.

No they don't. Green cover reduces incoming damage so unless you rifle squad is already almost dead it will take 40% reduced damage and not be wiped.

Also if you miss the most obvious grenade tell in the game along with it's travel time then welp I don't really know what to say. The abusive thing about defensive stance is that it has no draw backs because you can reposition almost instantly.
25 Jun 2015, 19:41 PM

No they don't. Green cover reduces incoming damage so unless you rifle squad is already almost dead it will take 40% reduced damage and not be wiped.

Also if you miss the most obvious grenade tell in the game along with it's travel time then welp I don't really know what to say. The abusive thing about defensive stance is that it has no draw backs because you can reposition almost instantly.

It's travel time is like half a second. You have to be watching the guy crouch from the very start to effectively avoid it and in the heat of battle you cannot always be doing this not to mention sometimes when the models are just firing like normal there will be a guy crouched and firing. As well as world objects and other things effecting your ability to see the model. And you cannot always have a healthy squad I mean it takes time to get an ambulance and you don't just retreat because you lost 1 model. If I wanted to I could make you a compilation video of how many times I have had riflemen wiped in green cover. In open terrain its much easier avoided but in cover world objects make riflemen bumble around and they just cannot move fast enough most of the time.
25 Jun 2015, 19:49 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 19:41 PMRocket

It's travel time is like half a second. You have to be watching the guy crouch from the very start to effectively avoid it and in the heat of battle you cannot always be doing this not to mention sometimes when the models are just firing like normal there will be a guy crouched and firing. As well as world objects and other things effecting your ability to see the model. And you cannot always have a healthy squad I mean it takes time to get an ambulance and you don't just retreat because you lost 1 model. If I wanted to I could make you a compilation video of how many times I have had riflemen wiped in green cover. In open terrain its much easier avoided but in cover world objects make riflemen bumble around and they just cannot move fast enough most of the time.

Don't respond to him. You are wasting your time. Alex wont stop until both axis faction are brought in line with Wulfenstien.
25 Jun 2015, 19:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 19:41 PMRocket

Jesus man please use the enter key/space bar. But it is literally impossible for a rifle grenade to wipe a full health rifle squad in green cover.

And the key to defensive stance is using it offensively, ironically. Also the 1919 by itself without defensive stance is still really really good.
25 Jun 2015, 19:59 PM
Donator 33

Green cover actually reduces damage by 50%.
26 Jun 2015, 06:17 AM

cover is directional. If the grenade land behind the sandbag and in the middle of your squad it's going to hurt.
26 Jun 2015, 06:49 AM

Permanently Banned
Just change defensive stance so it can't be popped in combat. Is retarded. Should be an ability that is only used in anticipation for an assault. Not Run up drop down and suppress and shred.
26 Jun 2015, 17:12 PM

Just change defensive stance so it can't be popped in combat. Is retarded. Should be an ability that is only used in anticipation for an assault. Not Run up drop down and suppress and shred.

Fix blitzkreig so it can't be used defensively and I would agree.
26 Jun 2015, 17:17 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 17:12 PMRocket

You already know that the current blitzkrieg can't be fixed in that way due to gameplay mechanics the ability needs to be overhauled or replaced. Enough with your troll behavior. X is OP, but it shouldn't be fixed because unrelated X ability for other faction is broken and doesn't work right. No, just stop.
26 Jun 2015, 17:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 17:12 PMRocket

+1
26 Jun 2015, 17:28 PM

You already know that the current blitzkrieg can't be fixed in that way due to gameplay mechanics the ability needs to be overhauled or replaced. Enough with your troll behavior. X is OP, but it shouldn't be fixed because unrelated X ability for other faction is broken and doesn't work right. No, just stop.

I'm sorry but I think USF needs this right now unless they change something else with them. It is the only good thing they have infantry wise. To me defensive stand makes a lot more sense than blitzkreig. Like a soldier wouldn't drop down to a prone position in the middle of combat and put out suppressing fire with his lmg? VS hitting the rocket boosters retro fitted into your panther backwards to reverse faster than the speed of light (sarcasm).

I know that you know that I know about the way the game engine is designed, but I guess I can hope then relic will ignore this thread as it has ignored every other one about blitzkrieg and do nothing about it.
26 Jun 2015, 17:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

cover is directional. If the grenade land behind the sandbag and in the middle of your squad it's going to hurt.

Funny story, the hitbox on the things are bit weird so the grenade landing in the middle of the squad where the green cover dots are will cause it to do half damage and cause no losses on its own.

Now if the grenades lands just a bit behind those dots, it'll count as not being in the direction of the cover and probably get a model kill or two more to the soldiers closer to it (but the other guys will probably take less damage from the grenade being farther from them).
26 Jun 2015, 17:30 PM

People people, why all the confusion... the best offense is a strong defense.
26 Jun 2015, 17:33 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 17:28 PMRocket

I'm sorry but I think USF needs this right now unless they change something else with them. It is the only good thing they have infantry wise. To me defensive stand makes a lot more sense than blitzkreig. Like a soldier wouldn't drop down to a prone position in the middle of combat and put out suppressing fire with his lmg? VS hitting the rocket boosters retro fitted into your panther backwards to reverse faster than the speed of light (sarcasm).

I know that you know that I know about the way the game engine is designed, but I guess I can hope then relic will ignore this thread as it has ignored every other one about blitzkrieg and do nothing about it.
Well atleast blitz buff was cut in half for panthers and tigers so its not as bad as it was. As for defensive stance, yes it makes sense irl. But its arbitrarily just given to riflemen. This leads to other examples like, why can't grens do this even though the lmg42 is a better weapon? Or why axis don't get demo charges? See this kind of reasoning is just as good of an argument but it wouldn't be balanced. I don't have a problem with defensive stance, but as of now its only used to run up and suppress. Does great dps, no setup time. This ability makes most sense as a hold the line type of ability. Just like jagdpanzer recloaking, it shouldn't be available during combat and is an ability that needs to be used before an engagement.

USF need some adjustments to make them more well rounded, but that doesn't mean they should keep all the bullshit and strictly only get buffs.
26 Jun 2015, 17:34 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

People people, why all the confusion... the best offense is a strong defense.

...You magnificent bastard.
26 Jun 2015, 17:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 17:28 PMRocket

You know they nerfed blitzkrieg right? The only tank it's the same on is the PIV. On everything else it now only increases speed to 115%.
26 Jun 2015, 18:09 PM

You already know that the current blitzkrieg can't be fixed in that way due to gameplay mechanics

On the contrary.

Give the activation the same triggers as soviet crew repair have.

Done, you can't use blitzkrieg as defensive warp jets, but you can use it preemptively when you are about to engage.

Mechanic is there, all they have to do is copy paste it.
26 Jun 2015, 18:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 18:09 PMKatitof

On the contrary.

Give the activation the same triggers as soviet crew repair have.

Done, you can't use blitzkrieg as defensive warp jets, but you can use it preemptively when you are about to engage.

Mechanic is there, all they have to do is copy paste it.

Why not give a more interesting vet ability other than "go faster"? Because Relic has said they are going to overhaul all vet ability's for units.
26 Jun 2015, 18:20 PM

Why not give a more interesting vet ability other than "go faster"? Because Relic has said they are going to overhaul all vet ability's for units.

As I've said in the past, I'll believe when I'll see.
This is the only reason I am hopeful for the next patch.

While I don't believe they can fuck things up more then they were in the past(no Quinn, its not a challenge), I also don't believe they can do some amazing stuff, especially with vet1, which WFA armies have only proven further and while there is tad more variety, they went so low as to just slap a raw stat increase for vet1.

Can't really be hyped or even optimist for vet overhaul until I see with my own eyes the changes.
26 Jun 2015, 19:05 PM

M1919s are fine. As Ost, riflenades vs opponents with bad grenade dodging skills, mortars vs opponents with good grenade dodging skills. (And remember, mortars have smoke.) OKW gripes are more legit, but a fast flack or luchs will still get the job done. At bottom, it's a good thing IMO that the omega infantry based anti infantry unit is doctrinal & in the weakest AT faction.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★