Login

russian armor

m1919 rifles are overperforming

24 Jun 2015, 11:20 AM

They are not OP, it's just they should be limited to 1, just like Grens. Second one only if picked up from the ground.
24 Jun 2015, 11:37 AM

Another reason why u see so much grens lmg spam is because panzergrenadiers are so bad. So ostheer has only one useful infantry to use IF u upgrade it with LMG, even with commanders ostheer is stuck with grens, unlike soviets, usf and okw..

Nerf grens LMG? fine, but then buff the pzgrens
24 Jun 2015, 11:49 AM

Well, that's really surprising, considering that LMG42 is ~3% more effective than M1919 at long range, while rifles get two of them.

Even considering worse veterancy bonuses for rifles (+30% vs +40% on grens), at long range they have ~33% more DPS in 2 M1919 vs 1 LMG42 situation.

But maybe I'm missing something.

I believe he meant BARs.

People need to be more specific as both, M1919 and BARs are brownings.
24 Jun 2015, 11:54 AM

I think they are OK. If one squad gets 140 munitions worth of supplies, it must perform well. And Riflemen anyway bleed so much manpower late game specially vs Wehrmacht riflenades. Literally if you stick your rifleman squad behind cover in defensive stance you are only asking for 81mm mortar shell or rifle grenade wiping your expensive riflemen! And LMGs drop so much when you have two of them.
24 Jun 2015, 12:52 PM

In 3v3 & 4v4 last night, we faced a lot of m1919 blobs. Between CAS suppress, walking stuka, MG42, and rifle grenades we didn't have too much of a problem with those. That said, some kind of a cooldown on defensive stance would seem reasonable but I wouldn't want the restrictions from a couple patches ago where you could only use it while camping.
24 Jun 2015, 16:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Just like blitz should be an offensive ability only, defensive stance should be an defensive ability.

Both abilities should not work when you are in combat.
24 Jun 2015, 17:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2015, 07:47 AMKatitof

Must be partly because Rifles:

-do not focus all that DPS on a single model
-have cost dispersed over 2 resources and is the most expensive infantry upgrade in game
-can't shoot on the move
-don't have bonus acc vs retreating units
-doesn't have insanse scaling
-doesn't have insane rec acc modifier out of the gate
-can't perma sprint, self regen and suppress regardless of stance with vet.
-need to go for single specific doctrine for LMGs
-still have LESS dps then pre LMG nerf obers

LMGs will always be perceived as OP as long as they won't have any meaningful disadvantage and will be effective at long range.

The ability to instantly give yourself yellow cover in addition to 360 suppression without any negatives is pretty fething powerful. And they come on 5 and 6 man squads which makes their survivability to be pretty intense.

They aren't OP in the same way, but they are certainly over preforming if you take into account Defensive Stance.
24 Jun 2015, 18:14 PM
Donator 11

Indeed.

Defensive stance now can be toggled on even when in combat, and can be deactivated within 2 seconds so you can still dodge grenades without having to retreat. This should not be the case.

Either:
Make it so that it can only be activated out of combat.
OR
Make it like Hit the Dirt: you are able to activate it in combat, but cooldown for standing up is longer so you can't dodge grenades without having to hit retreat.

Now that I think about it... The cool-downs for Defensive Stance and HTD should swap. This would make Defensive Stance more balanced and defensive (can still be used offensively, but can't dodge grenades when used offensively), and would make HTD useful and more offensive orientated (which would be OK, because it does not add suppression to the conscript squad). Thoughts?

+1
24 Jun 2015, 18:26 PM

the m1919 is the weakest LMG for its price. (excluding the DP guards)
24 Jun 2015, 18:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2015, 18:26 PMofield

360 degree suppression plus yellow cover=usually a won engagement= priceless. :)
24 Jun 2015, 20:11 PM

360 degree suppression plus yellow cover=usually a won engagement= priceless. :)

use nades?
24 Jun 2015, 20:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2015, 20:11 PMofield

use nades?

Dodge nades? :)
No offence, but ye you gotta be careful with riflenades, still not too big a deal if your micro is good. Just hit E, move. Volks usually won't even get in range, even if they do they will be already suppressed.
24 Jun 2015, 20:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2015, 18:26 PMofield

The M1919 on para's is on par with the gren LMG, the rifleman one is only slightly worse (like were talking .1 dps worse).

Then of course, you add in defensive stance and the fact you can get them on multiple units without any limit and welp.

25 Jun 2015, 10:01 AM

A cooldown like infiltrationgrenades have (out of combat) would maybe be better for the defensive stance. This way I would be forced to think about when and where I use it.
Atm it´s just "press button for map mapcontrol", when ever and where ever I want.
25 Jun 2015, 11:10 AM
Donator 11

Yeah I totally agree with you.
M1919 rifles are overperforming

They should increase the costs of the weapon itself or nerf the acc a bit.
Also the suppression fire ability is way too strong (you can win every engagement and nearly no cooldown on this ability)
25 Jun 2015, 11:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2015, 11:49 AMKatitof

I believe he meant BARs.

People need to be more specific as both, M1919 and BARs are brownings.

Sorry, I think I cut too much from his quote, since the line started with "This commander sucks overall..." and I though such comment in M1919 thread made it pretty obvious which "browning" he meant.

And vet3 rifles with BARs would probably lose against vet3 LMG grens at absolute max range.
25 Jun 2015, 13:19 PM

Sitting ducks for r-Nade and bundled potatoes.
25 Jun 2015, 18:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 13:19 PM(>-_-<)UFO
Sitting ducks for r-Nade and bundled potatoes.

You can easily move when you here the que sound or see the squad squatting to fire it.
25 Jun 2015, 19:21 PM

Is there a reason that you never make constructive feedback ever? You make posts with arguments that are always condescending and give replies to other players that you otherwise would not accept yourself. You merely reply LOL anytime somebody questions if theres something OP with allies. Without fail.

Well some things are kind of just LOL. Like Alex's topic of having 60 range on the panther when everyone knows there is no argument there when everything else the panther has is more than great, but just because the jackson which lacks in the other 4 categorys has 1 advantage over the panther vs 4 it should be changed.

Now what advantage does the USF infantry have over axis? Bar rifles get beat by mg42 grens hands down still. Imo vanilla rifles still lose easily do grens via losing too many models on approach to effective range alway. We have a regular nade but no squad wiping rifle nades or no stun grenades that cause wipes because we cannot retreat. We have to equip things at our base instead of being able to simply react to situations (a light vehicle, a bunker) and pull shreks out of our pockets. The number of axis infantry that also get tank snares compared to allies. The one shining star we do have is the 1919 but because once again we have 1 good thing compared to the enemies 4 or 5 it should be nerfed. I think the 1919 is legit more than ever with the HMG buffs.

IMO I knew what LOL meant without words having to be said.

25 Jun 2015, 19:24 PM

You can easily move when you here the que sound or see the squad squatting to fire it.

Not really you having to be watching every squad on the field at one time all the time and no one can do that and thanks to pathing and dumb shit riflemen will not always move fast enough to get out of the way when your in cover like there running into each other and rifle nades still wipe in green cover.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★