Login

russian armor

Company of Heroes 2 Voices

PAGES (8)down
1 Oct 2015, 23:18 PM
Developer Relic Badge

This was probably the most talked about voice during the Beta in terms of what sounded like a German accent and what did not. I think Indian Grenadiers came up at one point in those discussions.

Ostheer Grenadiers
1 Oct 2015, 23:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Speaking of which, I have no fucking clue what a German accent is supposed to be.
7 Oct 2015, 04:36 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Those things are as bad as the bloody English.

Sappers
7 Oct 2015, 18:39 PM

Medium armor and rocked artyllery is now avalible.

This makes me so sad :(
7 Oct 2015, 19:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2015, 23:24 PMVuther
Speaking of which, I have no fucking clue what a German accent is supposed to be.

You'll only hear the stereotypical one from someone who is just learning English or doesn't put any work into correcting their pronunciation. The typical modern German accent is a lot more subtle, and usually doesn't have any problem with pronouncing 'th' and 'w', and won't accidentally swap 's' to 'sh' on non-German words, since Germans are a lot more exposed to English and learn it at a young age.

Problem is, that's boring, so vee haf ze koorent vun in ze game inshtead!
7 Oct 2015, 22:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You'll only hear the stereotypical one from someone who is just learning English or doesn't put any work into correcting their pronunciation. The typical modern German accent is a lot more subtle, and usually doesn't have any problem with pronouncing 'th' and 'w', and won't accidentally swap 's' to 'sh' on non-German words, since Germans are a lot more exposed to English and learn it at a young age.

Problem is, that's boring, so vee haf ze koorent vun in ze game inshtead!

Wait though, surely 1940-Germans would be far less likely to know any English?
7 Oct 2015, 22:30 PM

Yeah, though I was answering in a general sense, rather than specifically CoH related. :)
8 Oct 2015, 01:03 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yeah, though I was answering in a general sense, rather than specifically CoH related. :)

Ah, ok, thank you.

Still kinda wondering if any German who thought CoH2's accents are ridiculous might actually be incorrect based on time period though...
8 Oct 2015, 05:42 AM

Those things are as bad as the bloody English.

Sappers

Sapper having Acht Acht Gun lines :O
Looks like 88s gonna come back :hyper:
9 Oct 2015, 18:37 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Sapper having Acht Acht Gun lines :O
Looks like 88s gonna come back :hyper:

Bofors?

It's the USF LT, but it's actually not :P

Fallschirmjager
10 Oct 2015, 20:22 PM

This was probably the most talked about voice during the Beta in terms of what sounded like a German accent and what did not. I think Indian Grenadiers came up at one point in those discussions.

Ostheer Grenadiers

This is actually one of the main reasons why I don't play ostheer.

I have tried in every way to make a strategy that didnt involve Indian grendiers but at last, to no avail. It is simply unavoidable because Indian grens are the basic infantry of the faction.

The voices for so game breaking for me that the entire faction is dead to me.

Comparing it with vCOH wher, i really miss the volksgreniders sergeants joking about how incompetent his squad was. The vCOH volks voice acting made them my favorite unit by far.
10 Oct 2015, 20:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2015, 20:22 PMJ1N6666

This is actually one of the main reasons why I don't play ostheer.

I have tried in every way to make a strategy that didnt involve Indian grendiers but at last, to no avail. It is simply unavoidable because Indian grens are the basic infantry of the faction.

The voices for so game breaking for me that the entire faction is dead to me.

Comparing it with vCOH wher, i really miss the volksgreniders sergeants joking about how incompetent his squad was. The vCOH volks voice acting made them my favorite unit by far.

GODDAMMIT VOLKSGRENADIERS, TRY ACTUALLY AIMING!
10 Oct 2015, 21:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2015, 20:31 PMVuther

GODDAMMIT VOLKSGRENADIERS, TRY ACTUALLY AIMING!

If I knew how much walking I'd do, I'd have joined the navy.

But seriously, in all honesty, I REALLY REALLY MISS THEM D: :*(
10 Oct 2015, 23:42 PM

I know 2 Germans, one speaks with a very British sounding accent, and one with a very Australian sounding accent. One a result of learning English with the aid of British media, and the other a result of the person moving to Australia. It is probably true the stereotypical German accent isn't common anymore, because with the world so inter-connected they now learn the language, and the accents, by copying natural speakers rather than exclusively from books and educators.
11 Oct 2015, 07:14 AM

I know 2 Germans, one speaks with a very British sounding accent, and one with a very Australian sounding accent. One a result of learning English with the aid of British media, and the other a result of the person moving to Australia. It is probably true the stereotypical German accent isn't common anymore, because with the world so inter-connected they now learn the language, and the accents, by copying natural speakers rather than exclusively from books and educators.

This is true, my uncle's wife was a German flight attendant, she could speak with 100% American accent (north).

I think the major factor in the accent is not the pronunciation of Ch, Sh, R or other vowels and constant, but the stress on any given word. If you want a good sounding "accent", you have to change the stress. For example, "Strategy" and "Strategic", almost all non-natives pronounce them the same "ES-TERAA-TEGEE/ ES-TERAA-TEGEEC" [ˈstratɪdʒi/strəˈtiːdʒɪk] which is incorrect. Even if you listen to our beloved casters, Luvnest for example, despite speaking English fluently, you can guess he's German based on subtle differences in word stress, and also small pronunciation differences like the constant V.

Anyway, the amount of unused material is too much! Gren sandbaaaaaaaags!
11 Oct 2015, 20:48 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Panzerfusilers. Unfortunately or fortunately, no screaming about his leg as those are in the generic soldier lines. Also weird thing or I messed up, there's a few Volk voice lines in there. Also I messed up on the title in the video itself.

Panzerfusiliers

Also, M3/Scout vehicles for Soviets
Soviet Scout Car(s)

11 Oct 2015, 21:38 PM

wow good job on all the voices. I dont know they actually planned to have stgs upgrade on fusi. still wish that would actually happens though. btw whats next on the list of voices? the twf faction announcers might be a good idea
12 Oct 2015, 18:18 PM

"Clickity click... clickity-FUCKING-click... Fucking SCHEISSE..."
I have to admit, while Jerry sounded very educated in the english language back in vCoH, that's... actually what one German who knows english would sound like :I

Just sayin'

But still, nice job extracting these tho miragefla :)
16 Oct 2015, 21:36 PM
Developer Relic Badge

More stuff is on the way.

Soviet Heavy Armour

British Medium Armour
21 Nov 2015, 20:16 PM
Developer Relic Badge

PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias