Login

russian armor

Stuka a bit too much

PAGES (8)down
4 Jun 2015, 08:01 AM

lol. one axis guy go CAS in 3v3+, you have to dodge strafes every 2 min from mid-late game on. two axis players, every 30 sec to a minute. you know, during the part of the game when you have most units and variety of units to micro.

but sorry. just because single pass CAS is technically dodgeable, whether you have 2 sec or 6 sec to dodge, so it is just fine.

Too hard and blind to see a single click-uncounterable abilities are cheese as shit. game needs to cater to my lazy play style where i click once in a while and the opponent, in order to counter, has to be constantly vigilant, be ready to move anything, predict where the plane might be called in, be ready to look away from the big fight that will decide the match etc etc. fail that for 2 sec, sorry. 480mp and 115fu gone because your tactful opponent managed to save 110 muni with commander that let you shit muni and click.

Considering the price you pay for spamming CAS stuff is no tanks you need to have your abilities have the highest impact they can.

Think of it like this: every time you avoid one of his passes you essentially just killed one of HIS tanks.
4 Jun 2015, 08:12 AM

Considering the price you pay for spamming CAS stuff is no tanks you need to have your abilities have the highest impact they can.

Think of it like this: every time you avoid one of his passes you essentially just killed one of HIS tanks.

Your teammates will get the tanks up, so not really an issue in big team games. In 1v1 and 2v2 you got a point.
4 Jun 2015, 08:14 AM

It being included in a DOC with tiger is wrong. It's fine in other lackluster Docs.
4 Jun 2015, 08:26 AM

Your teammates will get the tanks up, so not really an issue in big team games. In 1v1 and 2v2 you got a point.

I was specifically responding to him saying if it's 2 or 3 players. CAS isn't the only doctrine that fine in 1's and 2's but OP in 3's and 4's.

EDIT: But on certain 3's and 4's maps CAS is unusable because the map is so big your strafe's can't hit anything.
4 Jun 2015, 08:28 AM

Permanently Banned
CAS is OP in every game mode
4 Jun 2015, 09:03 AM

I was specifically responding to him saying if it's 2 or 3 players. CAS isn't the only doctrine that fine in 1's and 2's but OP in 3's and 4's.

EDIT: But on certain 3's and 4's maps CAS is unusable because the map is so big your strafe's can't hit anything.

Have to disagree, just get the shortest range from the map and it's still 6 secs. If you don't put your attention on your units it will be down quickly. With good micro ofc. you'll save the tanks.
4 Jun 2015, 09:07 AM

CAS is OP in every game mode

Well, you have to decide about what you hate most: the Ostheer's air strikes or the Ostheer's armor. 'Cause in this doctrine you can't have both, you know that....don't you?!....
4 Jun 2015, 10:30 AM

Have to disagree, just get the shortest range from the map and it's still 6 secs. If you don't put your attention on your units it will be down quickly. With good micro ofc. you'll save the tanks.

It depends on the map again and if the points are located next to the edge. Edge focused maps are were CAS really gets OP, maps were the objectives are more clustered around the middle? Not so much.

1's and 2's maps are smaller so it means CAS preforms better but you will lack any significant amount of armor support, in 3's and 4's it's notably less good on it's own but there is barely any trade off for taking it because you have 2-3 team mates to make armor for you.

4 Jun 2015, 11:15 AM

Maybe so, but as against that, you're now up against 3-4 opponents making armour, so your allies armour is always outnumbered, and where once your CAS might kill a game-winning proportion of enemy armour, now it's only knocking out a small proportion.

Anyway, I don't really have a dog in this fight. The sheer popularity of CAS suggests it may benefit from some tweaking. These kinds of discussions would be much more useful if we actually had some numbers to look at, wins per commander type stuff. Without them it's all a bit if-then-but.
4 Jun 2015, 11:59 AM

Permanently Banned

Well, you have to decide about what you hate most: the Ostheer's air strikes or the Ostheer's armor. 'Cause in this doctrine you can't have both, you know that....don't you?!....

CAS is brainless due to the fact that it's user doesn't not have to interact with his opponent. Making the click-to-win mechanic unfair and unbalanced.

Id rather face armor, then at least I can counter it with mines or something else.
4 Jun 2015, 14:18 PM

I'm still trying to figure out if anyone actually tried moving their blob when that red smoke marks the location and that big red plane comes.
4 Jun 2015, 14:20 PM

I think any one that is sane agrees that CAS is OP. It's OP in all modes.
4 Jun 2015, 14:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2015, 14:18 PM1[][]
I'm still trying to figure out if anyone actually tried moving their blob when that red smoke marks the location and that big red plane comes.

No, it's to hard to do that. In addition, I have to fight all of those Ostheer tanks that chase my units. Oh wait....
4 Jun 2015, 14:53 PM

This CAS is OP shit is ridiculous, what type of player are you guys that you can't even dodge a plane that needs a location marked with red smoke before it comes?

Seriously? Complaining after CAS got nerfed where a year ago I marked a strafe and any infantry units were auto-strafed no matter if they dodged and both strafes didn't waste time with picking an attack run direction?

Get a grip, if the guys I play against can dodge then so can you ...
4 Jun 2015, 15:20 PM
Patrion 14

not in late game 3v3+ where both sides aren't losing stuffs. everybody stock up fuel and normally, the only way to spend them is when you need to replace your loses. but with amazing CAS commander, you can pin, at strafe, stuka bomb all day everyday baby.

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2015, 14:18 PM1[][]

ha! dodge AI strafe with infantry? you know the aoe suppression reaches out to units 30m away right? what kind of brain dead CAS user are we talking about?
4 Jun 2015, 15:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2015, 14:53 PM1[][]
This CAS is OP shit is ridiculous, what type of player are you guys that you can't even dodge a plane that needs a location marked with red smoke before it comes?

Seriously? Complaining after CAS got nerfed where a year ago I marked a strafe and any infantry units were auto-strafed no matter if they dodged and both strafes didn't waste time with picking an attack run direction?

Get a grip, if the guys I play against can dodge then so can you ...

My problem is that it is more effective than P47's from what I have seen if the axis players get a win button then the P47 should be annihilate any armour in this area as it costs more but from the track record 10 times out of 10 has failed to do significant damage without missing next to all the shots.

As with fighting axis armour and air the panther is still a far better choice than a tiger as it has superior bouncy armour and slightly more range than tanks, it is also one of the fastest vehicles in the game making it superb at dealing with tank destroyers as opposed to a tiger it's lower anti infantry doesn't matter against USSR as they don't have infantry based AT worthy of damaging the front armour and if a giant blob of conscripts rush you just hit the thruster button and shoot off and leave them in a dust storm, US AT is still a laughable matter but not as ridiculous and guess what both OKW and Ostheer can get panthers without doctrine it is arguably the strongest tank in the game especially for it's price, take a anti tank strike with a few panthers and the allies have no vehicles left on the map.
4 Jun 2015, 15:47 PM

not in late game 3v3+ where both sides aren't losing stuffs. everybody stock up fuel and normally, the only way to spend them is when you need to replace your loses. but with amazing CAS commander, you can pin, at strafe, stuka bomb all day everyday baby.

ha! dodge AI strafe with infantry? you know the aoe suppression reaches out to units 30m away right? what kind of brain dead CAS user are we talking about?

In a competitive 3v3 or 4v4 (not a stomp were one team is easily beating the others), and both sides are burning resources the CAS player will be relying on his team mates to make up the difference for the CAS player not having any armor. If your CAS team mate is good he will be focusing on getting Pak40's along with a lot of LMG grens supported by Shrek'd Pgrens.

The power of CAS in team games is the conversion of fuel to munitions letting you spam Ostheers very powerful AT mines, denying territory with S-mines, and getting lots of Bunkers early on to stop enemy pushes.

The trade off is your pushing power is very limited. Ostheer infantry is fragile and extremely vulnerable to area denial stuff like Katyusha's, mines, demo's and other explosives. So you have to rely on your team mates to support you.

This of course means the trade offs in 3's and 4's for CAS are limited because you have your team mates helping you, in 1's and 2's when using CAS you need to be very much on top of your game.

And lol when people complain about the pin strafe it's like a 100% for sure acknowledgement they love to blob and are mad that they keep providing perfect targets for the strafe.

The AI strafe is much less effective if you spread your squads, the reason I love CAS so much is it lets you punish filthy USF blobbers so much.
4 Jun 2015, 16:51 PM

Permanently Banned
You cant begin an argument with the premise that CAS has a tradeoff.

CAS has zero tradeoff and very little risk
4 Jun 2015, 17:06 PM

You cant begin an argument with the premise that CAS has a tradeoff.

CAS has zero tradeoff and very little risk

Ostheer relies heavily on armor support later into the game were 1 shot buggery increases by a significant amount of hordes of Rifles start roaming the map.

If you want to use the CAS abilities to their fullest "OP" extent you need to use the fuel to munition conversion so you won't have very much armor at all. This of course is talking about a lower game mode scenario, in 3's and 4's like I said the trade offs simply aren't there because your team mates can support you.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/35088/2v2-comm-and-me-versus-memeindustry-and-lmg-company

This is how CAS normally goes down in 2's, lots of infantry, very little tanks.
4 Jun 2015, 17:15 PM

Make AA units, if close enough (not sitting miles behind) like 0-50 from the place where plane is heading, able to shoot down planes before strafe, so enemy must put effort to get your AA instead of pure brainless spam of planes.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS