Login

russian armor

Stuka a bit too much

PAGES (8)down
6 Jun 2015, 16:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jun 2015, 13:37 PM1[][]

Who's the scrub, the guy who pops red smoke for a big airplane to come or the guy that sticks around to get strafed WHILE being pinned by MG or getting mortared or shot at

unless it's on a noob map like road to kharkov it's 100% dodgeable unless you like to hang out on the edge of maps when your enemy has CAS doctrine

like i said, what kind of player can't dodge in these giant maps like lierneux? pls

The guy who pop the red smoke of course! :foreveralone:
7 Jun 2015, 02:13 AM

Yeah, launch a good carefully planned attack combining your infantry and your tanks to try to take an important point of the map, and then "easily dodge" the loiter strafe by removing all of your tanks from the engagement, causing it to fail because now your infantry can't be supported. And be careful not to get too wrapped up in the micro of the now solely infantry-based attack, because sometimes the loiter plane will chase your tank around the map if the ability directly targeted the tank. Congratulations - you just lost map control and your well planned engagement due to the effort of "easily dodging" an overpowered ability.

If soviets had an ability that removed axis tanks from engagements whenever they felt like it, you could sustain life in the desert on the tears of axis fanboys. They already cry about p47s, which do much less damage spread over a much larger amount of time at double the cost of the loiter strafe. If you don't like p47, how can you like something that is better than p47 for less cost packaged in a doctrine that feeds ammo so you never run out?

For that matter, even if you think p47 is fine, you have to realize that something much better than p47 for much cheaper would have to be totally broken.
7 Jun 2015, 03:12 AM

Permanently Banned

If soviets had an ability that removed axis tanks from engagements whenever they felt like it, you could sustain life in the desert on the tears of axis fanboys. .

LOL
8 Jun 2015, 06:20 AM
Patrion 14

I really don't see how some people can say that the P47 is OP, and then state that the Stuka loiter isn't for whatever reason. The Stuka deals large damage to units, can oneshot medium tanks and infantry squads, is cheaper, and can come with a heavy tank. The P47 is more expensive, has an AOE, has two planes (so is harder to kill), has less accuracy, cannot one shot medium tanks, and cannot target infantry. The stuka also generally shoots at lighter armor while the P47 strike fights heavier tanks.

Just looking at the stats of the two strikes, you can see a serious imbalance in terms of the cost effectiveness. If the JU87 loiter is going to be as powerful as it is now, it should at the least be as expensive as the P47 strike (I would argue that it needs to be more expensive). It is just silly that allied stock armor, which is much more fragile than axis armor, needs to deal with a strike that is as powerful as the stuka loiter. The argument that the Stuka CAS is needed to kill the IS2 is not an argument. The IS2 may be too powerful, but we cannot balance offmaps around singular units and ignore the rest of the armies. Otherwise, why not balance the IL2 strafe around fighting the King Tiger, and make it deal the same damage as the Stuka strafe?

I would rather see both strikes toned down. The loiter should be toned down to IL2 levels, with a similar cost. P47 may be ok, since USF doesn't really have other good counter to axis super heavy TDs. It may need to be less long lasting.

Just my opinion.
8 Jun 2015, 08:33 AM

They already cry about p47s, which do much less damage spread over a much larger amount of time at double the cost of the loiter strafe. If you don't like p47, how can you like something that is better than p47 for less cost packaged in a doctrine that feeds ammo so you never run out?

Loiter stuka does not come with muni convert.

CAS stuka, which does come with muni convert, only makes one pass, and does not target, only hitting where you place it. Thats why it's dodgable.
8 Jun 2015, 14:31 PM

8 Jun 2015, 16:44 PM

Just changed my opinion on this in a 2v2 game last night against double wher it is op as hell. It seems that it is impossible for a jackson to escape it it just is not fast enough to get out of the way I guess to me it seemed impossible to dodge it at all. Anti-tank strife broken as hell one clicks away full hp allied tanks, p47 in comparison does way less dmg and is way less effective. They could basicly delete our jacksons or shermans leaving us no way to fight there tigers at all other than try to steal their paks.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak