Login

russian armor

Stuka a bit too much

PAGES (8)down
27 May 2015, 11:31 AM

Is it just me or do other people think the stuka cannon strafe is a bit too powerful, I had it killing a captured panther from approx 50% health to dead in no time at all. when I retaliate against their armour with a P47 strike they manage to miss all but a few shots. I under stand they are cannons but when a p47 strike doesn't even compare damage wise and the IL2 strafe is out of the question.
TLDR it seems a bit powerful for being a cheaper strike than a P47 but dealing way more damage way faster.
27 May 2015, 11:44 AM

Theyre both fine imo....

The stukka is abit cheaper, but its not as deadly as the P47's...
27 May 2015, 11:57 AM

I'm going to assume that RNGesus got me on that one, it was there one second next second no more panther.
27 May 2015, 11:58 AM

Well, Stuka has guns, P-47 has rockets - they are supposed to miss more. Also I am not disappointed by P-47 performance. It misses a few shots but generally it's okish especialy now, when havy axis armor is nurfed. KT can resist to such an air stike combined with a T34/85 attack for instance, if you extract it from the area, but it is soooo slow so it will probably end up dead. Don't even hope to survive to such combo with a Tiger for instance.
Stuka has powerfull guns, in addition, most of allied armor it's not as thick as the krupp steel. So it's not just about guns.
27 May 2015, 12:03 PM
Donator 33

The strafe only attacks 3 times AFAIK and stays in the area whereas the P47s attack with two planes and leave the target area.

The Stuka deals more damage when it hits but the P47s force you to retreat your tanks almost back into your base.
27 May 2015, 12:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 11:44 AMCorsin
Theyre both fine imo....

Actually, it is. Both, more accurate and more deadly. It will also target and destroy infantry and crew weapons.
27 May 2015, 12:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 11:58 AMJohnnyB
Well, Stuka has guns, P-47 has rockets - they are supposed to miss more. Also I am not disappointed by P-47 performance. It misses a few shots but generally it's okish especialy now, when havy axis armor is nurfed. KT can resist to such an air stike combined with a T34/85 attack for instance, if you extract it from the area, but it is soooo slow so it will probably end up dead. Don't even hope to survive to such combo with a Tiger for instance.
Stuka has powerfull guns, in addition, most of allied armor it's not as thick as the krupp steel. So it's not just about guns.

yeah but it was a panther that got totaled by the stuka from the front as well which is why I am questioning it's power given the panther has the thickest armour of all mediums outdoing a tiger in armour.
The P47 does perform great in a lot of instances but sometimes both planes end up missing all but 2 shots.
27 May 2015, 12:18 PM

yeah but it was a panther that got totaled by the stuka from the front as well which is why I am questioning it's power given the panther has the thickest armour of all mediums outdoing a tiger in armour.
The P47 does perform great in a lot of instances but sometimes both planes end up missing all but 2 shots.

I can promise you that the Stuka did not kill it because it penetrated. It killed it because of deflection damage, which is damage that gets inflicted even though it didnt penetrate.

If I'm correct, the stuka strike is only in the cas doctrine, in which case it is supposed to do that.

The P-47 strike usually accomplishes the same and can target multiple targets.
27 May 2015, 12:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 11:44 AMCorsin

The Stuka is a bit cheaper and more deadly. It also wrecks support weapons and maims and suppresses infantry if there are no tanks to shoot at.
27 May 2015, 12:22 PM

Stuka is fine because you can hear it. Btw. a bit to expensive, please 20 Fuel okay?
27 May 2015, 12:27 PM

Stuka is fine because you can hear it. Btw. a bit to expensive, please 20 Fuel okay?

OP means loitering plane, not dive bomb.
27 May 2015, 12:34 PM

Thanks dude, haven´t read it just wanted to flame here a bit like someone like me is always doing without having a clue about :facepalm:
27 May 2015, 12:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 12:18 PMDomine

If I'm correct, the stuka strike is only in the cas doctrine, in which case it is supposed to do that.

No, they are not talking about the CAS strafe, that does not target, only hits the area you place it.

They are talking about the loiter stuka which is in Lighting War and Blitzkrieg doctrines.

Its really powerful, but Werh really struggle to acumulate large amounts of munis, because they need to spend munis to compete early/mid game. Where as US with certain builds can save nearly all their munis up for planes and not lose out too much on infantry power. So for that reason, I think it warrents the werh one being slightly better for cheaper.
27 May 2015, 13:12 PM

Get AA, it's your fault if you don't get and then complain that a stuka wrecks your vehicles.
27 May 2015, 13:22 PM

I have never been a fan of oneshotting and omglolwtf op things in this game. I feel bad for my enemy when i use this strafe.. Should be nerfed.

@Achtarcher Tell me how do you counter skillplanes as Soviets? inb4 IS2, ISU and M5. First two are doctrinal and M5 never shoots planes down. And it is in tier 3, what if you want to go for tier 4?
27 May 2015, 13:28 PM

Get AA, it's your fault if you don't get and then complain that a stuka wrecks your vehicles.

Thats not always a realistic option, especially in 1v1. Personally I think Loiter CAS is too powerful for cost, especially seeing as there is so little counterplay to it, aka extremely difficult to effectively dodge.
Maybe both rocket strafe and Stuka gun run should be brought in line with CAS stuka run, ie. be directional, so there is a skill element/counterplay involved for both players, but greatly reduced in cost in return.
I see the necessity for this ability to enable OH to be actually able to kill IS-2s which is otherwise obscenely difficult without an Ele but the answer to this should maybe just be in a frontal armour reduction of the IS-2 to more sane levels.
27 May 2015, 13:31 PM

Is it just me or do other people think the stuka cannon strafe is a bit too powerful, I had it killing a captured panther from approx 50% health to dead in no time at all. when I retaliate against their armour with a P47 strike they manage to miss all but a few shots. I under stand they are cannons but when a p47 strike doesn't even compare damage wise and the IL2 strafe is out of the question.
TLDR it seems a bit powerful for being a cheaper strike than a P47 but dealing way more damage way faster.

The 37mm loiter is really good, but with no fuel to muni conversion it doesn't get spammed. It seems like it doesn't chase as far as the P47's but does more damage to tanks in the area where it was called. I think it's okay.
27 May 2015, 13:34 PM

Guys, protip againts p-47s

1) If you are OKW, get a flak HT, it shoots down p-47s pretty mcuh 100% of the time.
2) If you aren't a tiger or a king tiger, stand still with your tank because the rockets fire so wide, if you stand still almost all of the rockets will miss.
27 May 2015, 13:36 PM

Thats not always a realistic option, especially in 1v1. Personally I think Loiter CAS is too powerful for cost, especially seeing as there is so little counterplay to it, aka extremely difficult to effectively dodge.
Maybe both rocket strafe and Stuka gun run should be brought in line with CAS stuka run, ie. be directional, so there is a skill element/counterplay involved for both players, but greatly reduced in cost in return.
I see the necessity for this ability to enable OH to be actually able to kill IS-2s which is otherwise obscenely difficult without an Ele but the answer to this should maybe just be in a frontal armour reduction of the IS-2 to more sane levels.

Well if you want that, then nurf that pudding IS2 AND P-47 air strike. Loiter planes aren't bothering me, though if you want them nerfed, then unkillable armor must be nerfed too.
27 May 2015, 13:38 PM

Well it could be an option for 3v3s and 4v4 where the abundance of units it's higher, but for 1v1 and 2v2s often building AAs it's not an option just because you are short on resources and you desperately need something else instead.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 5
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak