Login

russian armor

Demos for axis

24 Apr 2015, 05:36 AM

Where the hell are those Goliath?
24 Apr 2015, 05:42 AM

Permanently Banned
Fuckin goliath commander with bicycles and eselshrecks and butterfly bombs, etc.
24 Apr 2015, 05:44 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Demos are an awful ability that's only frustrating and gimmicky for gameplay. Demos should only be able to target garrisons or bunkers like in Coh1, not just placed anywhere on the floor.
24 Apr 2015, 06:01 AM

Fuckin goliath commander with bicycles and eselshrecks and butterfly bombs, etc.

like a secret weapons doctrine that sounds fun. To be honest im working on an entire faction design based on all the crazy stuff Nazi Germany dreamed up(the reasonable designs at least) for fun.
24 Apr 2015, 06:10 AM

Golliaths would be nice, but I don't think they are that necessary. Even more nice to have in the game it would be this:

...Relic, when?
24 Apr 2015, 06:16 AM

V2 mobile rocket launch platform for the ultimate blob counter.
24 Apr 2015, 06:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 06:10 AMJohnnyB
Golliaths would be nice, but I don't think they are that necessary. Even more nice to have in the game it would be this:

...Relic, when?

You do realize the 88 is already ingame as an emplacement right?
24 Apr 2015, 06:47 AM

Meh jumbo maybe. Pershing was medium, classified a heavy for propoganda/morale purposes during ww2. T29/t30, t95/t28 tank destroyer weren't really built. 1-2 or none at all. None were even sent to the war.

Super Pershing.

And 1 or 2... Does not matter if we have flak gun (17 ever made with ability to attack ground) or Sturmtiger.

Doctrinal demos for everyone - seems fair. And don't say about asymetrical balance, cause it's stupid. Best RTS games ever were about mirror balance so...
24 Apr 2015, 06:47 AM

You do realize the 88 is already ingame as an emplacement right?

Pak43 =/= Flak 88

Super Pershing.

And 1 or 2... Does not matter if we have flak gun (17 ever made with ability to attack ground) or Sturmtiger.

The Super Pershing would be much more OP than the flak gun or Sturmtiger. The limit to realism is what you could fit in the game and have work with out being to retardedly good.

Although the Sturmtiger is insanely rare as a unit in game, so I guess that's kind of fitting. (Although I adore it).
24 Apr 2015, 06:52 AM

Pak43 =/= Flak 88

The Super Pershing would be much more OP than the flak gun or Sturmtiger. The limit to realism is what you could fit in the game and have work with out being to retardedly good.

Although the Sturmtiger is insanely rare as a unit in game, so I guess that's kind of fitting. (Although I adore it).

Pak 43 is literally just an 88 purpose built for AT. The only difference a flak 18 emplacement would have is the ability to shoot at aircraft.

Honestly if they manage to fit something as stupid as the Sturmtiger ingame, then the super pershing isnt too far fetched it did see some combat.
24 Apr 2015, 06:55 AM

Pak 43 is literally just an 88 purpose built for AT. The only difference a flak 18 emplacement would have is the ability to shoot at aircraft.

The 88 could swivel in place much faster, while the Pak43 has to be rotated by the crew. Also the barrel on the Pak43 is longer.

The 88 in game could just be like an Axis B4, doubling as artillery and an anti armor direct fire emplacement.
24 Apr 2015, 06:57 AM

Demos are an awful ability that's only frustrating and gimmicky for gameplay. Demos should only be able to target garrisons or bunkers like in Coh1, not just placed anywhere on the floor.

This. Demos are not supposed to be blob counters, and to be honest Soviets have enough means to effectively counter blobs specially from mid to late game. Although it's very satisfying to plant a demo on enemy's fuel point in the FOG then blowing it up while they try to capture and see the capturing process stop, I would like to see some changes.

There are ways to adapt, yes. But it's kinda unfair specially versus non-blobbing players. Most of people's suggestions regarding crowd control are very punishing for people who don't blob, specially for Ostheer.

So stop defending Demos because of it's anti infantry effectiveness. Soviets don't need remote controlled 90 muni Doomcharges.

My humble opinions:

- Demos can only be detonated when there are friendly squads/engi nearby (my favorite).
- Demos can only be placed on buildings, bridges etc. (not like this one very much since it restricts gameplay)

On another note, I would like to see:

- Goliath for Ostheer, low HP low armor, deployed by HT through commander, invisible while stationary anywhere except in red cover, does engine damage, expensive so it's not spammable and a "teller on wheels"
Reasons: Adds gameplay elements, diversity to commander selection, equivalent to Demos in an asymmetrical way.

-Booby trap building for OKW, planted by Strumpioneers after 1 truck is set up on any neutral building, either kills half of the models entering the building or huge AOE damage without the potential of full squad wipe
Reason: Since OKW doesn't have good garrison clearing options early game and no flamers specially in urban maps, a commander with this ability would help them booby trap important neutral buildings. Also a counter to FHQ rush.
24 Apr 2015, 06:58 AM

Permanently Banned

The 88 could swivel in place much faster, while the Pak43 has to be rotated by the crew. Also the barrel on the Pak43 is longer.

The 88 in game could just be like an Axis B4, doubling as artillery and an anti armor direct fire emplacement.

ehhh no i don't think thats what you want.
24 Apr 2015, 06:59 AM

ehhh no i don't think thats what you want.

Why not? OKW has literally no artillery and Ostheer has the incredibly shit LefH.
24 Apr 2015, 06:59 AM

This does not translate at all in a practical manner in coh2, namely without making the pak 43 pointless also as far I know no one uses the b4 in direct fire mode.
24 Apr 2015, 07:01 AM

This does not translate at all in a practical manner in coh2, namely without making the pak 43 pointless also as far I know no one uses the b4 in direct fire mode.

Give the 88 lower damage and penetration, but allow it to fire like an artillery piece as well. Also the B4's direct fire ability is still broken so assuming they fix it soon enough it will be worth it.

If you tie it to a commander then people will still get the Pak43.
24 Apr 2015, 07:05 AM

Permanently Banned

Why not? OKW has literally no artillery and Ostheer has the incredibly shit LefH.

I mean it would be cool, the germans did use flak 88s as arty during the battle of the bulge. The flak 88 should of been in the fortifications doctrine to begin with but relic got super lazy. People would cry OP that an emplacement could swivel around, be effective vs tanks, infantry, planes, and be indirect fire. I mean this is coh1 shit I've played mods with flak 88s also having indirect fire and its hella fun. But I feel like trying to balance it would require the flak 88 to just be watered down. I'd rather have no flak 88 than some shitty emplacement that can do everything, but not very well. Even if you raised the cost up super high to make the historical-esque performance seem justified. Whats the point if it can just get hit with arty and be gone instantly. It'd be a lot like b4 pre patch. Pretty broken on some maps, but if it was anymore expensive I don't think people would of built it because it could just get stuka dive bombed.

Again would be very cool, but I'd rather not having okw have anymore emplacements as it would be heavily imbalanced sim city wars like coh1 brits all over again.
24 Apr 2015, 07:07 AM

Give the 88 lower damage and penetration, but allow it to fire like an artillery piece as well. Also the B4's direct fire ability is still broken so assuming they fix it soon enough it will be worth it.

If you tie it to a commander then people will still get the Pak43.

uhhhhhhhh

What do you mean by lower penetration? it will still guaranteed penetrate every allied vehicle. Not too fond of the idea of Artillery guns doubling as long range AT guns has broken written all over it.
24 Apr 2015, 07:10 AM

I mean it would be cool, the germans did use flak 88s as arty during the battle of the bulge. The flak 88 should of been in the fortifications doctrine to begin with but relic got super lazy. People would cry OP that an emplacement could swivel around, be effective vs tanks, infantry, planes, and be indirect fire. I mean this is coh1 shit I've played mods with flak 88s also having indirect fire and its hella fun. But I feel like trying to balance it would require the flak 88 to just be watered down. I'd rather have no flak 88 than some shitty emplacement that can do everything, but not very well.

If you place this thing in a doctrine, give it a nice range, a slow reload, a slow rotation, a deadly AT / AA shell but considerably weaker against infantry, I don't think we'll have such of a balance problem.
You can give it to Ostheer if you like, not necessarely to OKW.
24 Apr 2015, 07:13 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 07:10 AMJohnnyB

If you place this thing in a doctrine, give it a nice range, a slow reload, a slow rotation, a deadly AT / AA shell but considerably weaker against infantry, I don't think we'll have such of a balance problem.
You can give it to Ostheer if you like, not necessarely to OKW.
Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, I mean it could work, its just I wouldnt know how to find the sweet spot of performance, cost, and historical authenticity for it to be balanced. Because lets be honest It would need to perform well at almost all roles. Only downsides being perhaps cost, can't shoot through walls, its an emplacement.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 36
Sweden 33
Poland 8
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %