Login

russian armor

Demos for axis

24 Apr 2015, 15:26 PM

Your posts don't ussually reflect these gaps, case and point you opinion on caches and opens for the super float OKW would solve the float problem, at no penalty to them. And strum can fire from cover and is a rocket artillery launcher, however short ranged it may be. Maybe you can state then what you see as a fair trade for the demo for axis and what the Soviets and USF would get?

Except the argument is that all factions should have the demo, which both USF and Soviets already have. Ostheer should get it non-doctrine like Soviets, and OKW should need to pick a doctrine to get it like USF does.

Adding units and abilities through commanders has been happening in this game since the beginning, I fail to see why it would be a sticking point here.

And to bring up the cache thing; the MP float is something unique to OKW due to lack to tools to dump MP. Caches would just be a small part of giving OKW the same tools as the other factions to burn off excess MP.

I hate blobs too. People aren't complaining that it destroys blobs. It's that it can auto-delete single units too and with great ease. Two clicks.

90 muni is quite expensive but it's a cheap exchange for 250-400 manpower + upgrade (shrek/lmg).

If it was only destroying blobs, I wouldn't mind it so much. But it removes units one by one all through the game. The only way to avoid it is to lead every attack with a minesweeper, to harass every point with a minesweeper. To do that you have to wait for them to get to the field. So you lose territory which means more munis for more demos.

If both sides had demo, the game would become less dynamic with people waiting for sweepers so they can make attacks. If neither side had them the game would be much better.

There are several threads on this with some very high level players calling for its removal and no high level players saying "it's fine". I just wish the less experienced players with a lower understanding of CoH2 and RTS would look to what the top players are saying instead of defending it on the basis of "it makes me feel good when I blow up squads with demo, therefore it's good". or "Axis has OP-Soldaten so we need demos"

Good post.
24 Apr 2015, 15:39 PM
Donator 33

when blobs get the punishment they deserve without demos, maybe they can all disappear. Barton had a good opinion on this problem, as many other experienced players do but relic so far hasn't taken concise action.
24 Apr 2015, 15:44 PM

when blobs get the punishment they deserve without demos, maybe they can all disappear. Barton had a good opinion on this problem, as many other experienced players do but relic so far hasn't taken concise action.

They do get the punishment they deserve without demo's, Soviets have multiple squad wipe capable weapons.

If you want to deal with blobbing you need to extend said weapons to the rest of the factions, USF blobbing is just as cancerous as OKW blobbing and Soviets and Ostheer are just as capable of it to.

Ever wonder why blobbing is so common for OKW and USF as well? Because they don't have reliable blob counters so they need to rely on just having a fuckload more units than the enemy. Neither has a reliable HMG, neither has plentiful artillery, neither has plentiful support weapons, and neither has much choice in early game build orders.

24 Apr 2015, 15:54 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

It would be quite entertaining to see a PTRS or Rifle blob explode.

That said I agree with previous comments that the current demo system is flawed and should be corrected so that demos can only be placed on garrisonable items. BUT i doubt that will be fixed, and IMO axis needs more anti blob tools.
24 Apr 2015, 15:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 15:54 PMBudwise
It would be quite entertaining to see a PTRS or Rifle blob explode.

You know what is entertaining?
Watching rifle blob retreat with ST chasing them with Benny Hill theme in the background.
Talk about blob counter, fear factor is enough :megusta:
If only propaganda arty was that effective :foreveralone:
24 Apr 2015, 16:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 15:58 PMKatitof

Watching rifle blob retreat with ST chasing them with Benny Hill theme in the background.

It is. Propaganda artillery + crush or just use your ML-20 on his medic truck when he retreats.

The Sturmtiger is the least build unit in the game by a massive margin. I use it a lot and even have a guide almost written up for it because it's probably one of the best units in the game.

The micro it requires however is extremely intense.
24 Apr 2015, 17:04 PM

OKW have demo charges already.

Auto detonating, homing, self aiming demo charges.

For 50 munitions.

It's called a booby trap. And Soviets have to pay 100MU for them.
24 Apr 2015, 17:12 PM

For 50 munitions.

Comparing the booby trap to the booby trap is probably one of the most dishonest comparisons Iv ever seen before.

It's also tied to 2 units which have to set it up while being physically on the point instead of just a call in ability.
24 Apr 2015, 18:31 PM

Permanently Banned

For 50 munitions.

Come now, soviet demos are 90 munitions first off. Secondly booby traps are just a gimmick and never wirth the 50 munitions for they might kill 2-4 guys max and thats it. I have yet to see it ever wipe a squad. Its a gimmick, and not a very effective one at that.

Demos are 100% more effective because you can wait till a squad is in position to just wipe them and can place it anywhere. Booby traps can't do that. If you are talking about the territory booby traps from that one soviet doctrine I forgot that even existed.
24 Apr 2015, 19:53 PM

For 50 munitions.

Your bias is showing again, even more glaringly.

Booby traps are nowhere near as effective as demo. You can't wait for the perfect moment to set them off and you can't lay them on houses. They re as effective as a soviet mine and those are only 30 munitions.

90 muni = sov demo charge. Facts straight, please.

*homing*? I don't think this word means what you think it means.

Self aiming? Do they fly through the air? How exactly do you think they are "aimed". Good lord...

They are self-detonating. That is the only thing you got right in your post. And self-detonating is not an advantage. Waiting for the perfect squad-wiping moment is better.

And the booby traps either come in a doctrine o a T4 unit, not t0 stock.

Biasiaraidos, you need to reassess your objectivity.
24 Apr 2015, 20:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2015, 15:58 PMKatitof

If you knew what kind of player you were talking to (Budwise) and how much better he understands RTS, you would ask more questions instead of bringing up two completely different subjects to derail the discussion. "rifle blob retreat qith ST chasing" - how is that connected to anything?

You could learn from Budwise, most people here could. Instead you throw in your sarcastic and worthless biased opinion in defiance of everyone who even slightly disagrees.

Moderators!!! Where are ye? Moderate me too if needs be, just please curb the activity of trolls and flamebaiters!!!
24 Apr 2015, 20:09 PM

I'd be interested to see a mechanic where you had to have engineers drag back detonator wires to a particular position and then have to remain there (or have some other squad take over) until you blew the charge. Adds a bit of risk to it, gives the possibility that the enemy would notice that there was some kind demo charge lying around and also gets rid of that silly ability where you're able to detonate the charge despite nobody being anywhere near it.

Probably too difficult to code sadly.

I'd be fine with having all factions have demo charges, but you'd need to see stuff like bunkers and/or pillboxes being given to Soviets (which they were kings of during the war), because that's what the demo was placed in the game for originally.
24 Apr 2015, 20:30 PM

Add a Goliath call it a day.
24 Apr 2015, 21:50 PM
Patrion 28

guys, he's talking about boobytrap, not demo. demos are 90 mun. OKW boobytrap is 50 mun. i don't remember what the soviet one is but it's available in a single doctrine: urban defense. haven't seen it much but i think i lost a pio squad to one once, shortly after the doctrine was released. the one problem with boobytrap is that it's impossible for the enemy to tell if it has been placed.
24 Apr 2015, 22:32 PM

Your bias is showing again, even more glaringly.

Booby traps are nowhere near as effective as demo. You can't wait for the perfect moment to set them off and you can't lay them on houses. They re as effective as a soviet mine and those are only 30 munitions.

90 muni = sov demo charge. Facts straight, please.

*homing*? I don't think this word means what you think it means.

Self aiming? Do they fly through the air? How exactly do you think they are "aimed". Good lord...

They are self-detonating. That is the only thing you got right in your post. And self-detonating is not an advantage. Waiting for the perfect squad-wiping moment is better.

And the booby traps either come in a doctrine o a T4 unit, not t0 stock.

Biasiaraidos, you need to reassess your objectivity.

*AHEM*

A) Booby traps aim themselves. The first unit to enter a cap circle triggers an explosion at its exact location. It self aims. Correct. Not wrong.

B) Soviet Boody Traps, the thing I was talking about, the one in soviet Urban Defence, comes with a 100MU price tag. Correct. Not wrong.

C) Compared the two because they are the exact same explosion as a demo charge. Around half the price for a little less exact control over detonation seems more or less fine to me. 'As effective as a mine' in the same post as calling me biased, it's a chuckle.

Maybe less Ad hominem and a bit more checking your mouth frothing rage before you post it?
25 Apr 2015, 03:20 AM

*AHEM*

A) Booby traps aim themselves. The first unit to enter a cap circle triggers an explosion at its exact location. It self aims. Correct. Not wrong.

B) Soviet Boody Traps, the thing I was talking about, the one in soviet Urban Defence, comes with a 100MU price tag. Correct. Not wrong.

C) Compared the two because they are the exact same explosion as a demo charge. Around half the price for a little less exact control over detonation seems more or less fine to me. 'As effective as a mine' in the same post as calling me biased, it's a chuckle.

Maybe less Ad hominem and a bit more checking your mouth frothing rage before you post it?

Comparing booby traps to demo's s utterly fucking stupid however. you cannot control a boobytrap. and i doubt the explosion of the demo is the same as the boobytrap ,
25 Apr 2015, 03:56 AM
Developer Relic Badge

C'mon people, use the editor, at least look at some of the stats before saying things or the coh 2 stats. We have the tools, why do we need to make things up! D:

Anyways, Demos are much more lethal than the OKW trap if I'm looking at the right one since apparently what I found for the trap's weapon name for the prop was engineer_demolitions_large.

The demo's damage drop-off only starts at 1.5m versus the traps 0.5m, mid begins damage is at 3m versus the traps 2m dealing 62.5% versus the traps 40% once they hit their respective mid distance. Traps also deal 160 versus a demos 250 which means the demo will still kill soldiers within 3m as it only loses 37.5% of its damage which is still over 80 given its higher damage though somewhere between its mid and long(4.5) it drastically drops off in kill/wipe potiential and deals only 37.5 at 4.5m. Traps will not instant kill full health troops somewhere around the high 1s and will definitely not instant kill past 2m. Of course you can get unlucky if everyone's hugging or it's the few remaining models of a wounded squad. The only thing the trap has over the demo is AOE which is 8 versus 6, but it's already dropped to 0.2 by 4m that it's really irrelevant at that point.

Only thing they really share is the type of explosion used for their detonation animation. You could give the Soviet 45mm the fx and projectile properties of a railway cannon, but it doesn't mean it's hitting like one.

Note: My math could be horribly wrong here and I'm not sure if the editor's value change with each patch so I could still be horribly wrong in general.
25 Apr 2015, 07:13 AM

Permanently Banned
Thank you miragefla
25 Apr 2015, 07:34 AM

Goliath for Ost for 125 munitions. Behaves exactly like vCoH goliath but can only be deployed via Halftrack. Soviet Demo either requires sweepers, doesnt blow up near enemy sweepers, or has a time. Thats my opinion. Right now something needs to be done about the 90 munition blob wiper.

Please dont compare Boobytraps to demos. A booby trap will be set off by the first man that enters the circle. With a demo you can potential wipe 3+ Full vet squads with the click of a button. Big difference between them.
25 Apr 2015, 07:39 AM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS