Login

russian armor

Demos for axis

24 Apr 2015, 01:29 AM

I would rather see less demos than more.

Like demo charges should all be timed, in the vein of paratrooper charges. More like building destruction and obstacle clearance, rather than super-mines that can be set off on command. Maybe make them slightly cheaper since they're getting nerfed and wouldn't be appropriate for squad-wipes anymore.
24 Apr 2015, 01:34 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Like demo charges should all be timed, in the vein of paratrooper charges. More like building destruction and obstacle clearance, rather than super-mines that can be set off on command. Maybe make them slightly cheaper since they're getting nerfed and wouldn't be appropriate for squad-wipes anymore.

Considering the very specialized usage they would then have, I'd imagine they'd probably need to get a lot cheaper.
24 Apr 2015, 01:36 AM

Excellent Idea but I agree with Vurther in that you'd definitely have to drop the price down.
24 Apr 2015, 01:40 AM
Donator 33

So soviets get Maxim bunkers then, if we're throwing out relics original idea. Doubtful it's going to change, sorry your mad your blobs are getting blown up. #adapt.
24 Apr 2015, 01:52 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

So soviets get Maxim bunkers then, if we're throwing out relics original idea.

EVERYONE WINS!
24 Apr 2015, 02:37 AM
Patrion 14

So soviets get Maxim bunkers then, if we're throwing out relics original idea. Doubtful it's going to change, sorry your mad your blobs are getting blown up. #adapt.

Same arc as a regular maxim though. :}
24 Apr 2015, 02:40 AM
Donator 33

Same arc as a regular maxim though. :}

Then axis demo has signs.
24 Apr 2015, 02:41 AM
Patrion 14

Then axis demo has signs.

Maybe a cute little sign that says "I explode!" stuck to the cloaked goliath, so all you see as it advances is the sign.
24 Apr 2015, 02:46 AM
Donator 33

Not gonna get your Goliath or demo, # adapt.
24 Apr 2015, 02:50 AM
Patrion 14

Probably not. Also, I really like the idea someone had to force CE to have the minesweeper package to build a demo. It makes sense and would force you to make the CE squad no longer a combat units. The biggest problem is not that demos can wipe, but that the soviet player does not give up enough to use them.
24 Apr 2015, 04:08 AM

Not gonna get your Goliath or demo, # adapt.

lol, guess we shouldn't nerf or change anything ever because #Adapt.

Oh wait that's insane, demo's should be given to every faction because more blob counters are good. Or do you think Allies can't blob?
24 Apr 2015, 04:20 AM

Or maybe you can only detonate them when you have infantry nearby.

Goliath would be pretty cool, but balance-wise I would like to see some more restrictions to Demos as you said.
24 Apr 2015, 04:22 AM
Donator 33

lol, guess we shouldn't nerf or change anything ever because #Adapt.

Oh wait that's insane, demo's should be given to every faction because more blob counters are good. Or do you think Allies can't blob?

So you're going to promote a copy paste bunker for the Soviets then Alex? this inst a Nerf of a buff its adding something to another faction that was designed to have defenses, and the Russians got the bombs to blow them up. So if you want Maxim Bunkers with he same fan as the Axis bunker to get an equal damage demo, bobs your uncle ill jump on that. But you'll find some argument that it doesn't work at way anyway. You want a free toy, like your Cache suggestion of OKW, no penalties for a buff, your logic is not RTS logic. I can see OST with demo if Sovs get bunkers, OKW does not need Demos with the mighty Stuka and Sturm around.
24 Apr 2015, 04:31 AM

I kinda feel all factions should get demos from their builder units.
24 Apr 2015, 04:56 AM

I'd like to see them detonated only when a friendly unit can spot for them.

I'd love to see the Goliath again... just hearing that makes my pants tight and makes me want to play VCoH
24 Apr 2015, 04:58 AM
Patrion 27

your original post said exist which implied the US was in some inept and couldnt make any. US had the designed and they all completed trials and were ready for production said production never happened, but I guess its just all semantics.

Pershing was a Heavy Tank during WWII and reclassified after WWII because the bar for armor and firepower for tanks had gone up. Saying the Pershing was a medium tanks means both the IS-1 and Tiger I were also mediums as all had comparable firepower armor and roles.

the Pershing was lighter than the panther, at 41 tons.

US high command decided that it would take too much time to refit all the factories and retrain workers to produce the Pershing, not to mention the logistical issues of having a new vehicle that requires different tools, ammunition, etc. when the war was already over basically.

On top of that a majority of the tanks they were seeing didn't require the heavier arms and armor like the eastern front. Perhaps if Japan had fielding something other than a pop can on treads they would have bothered switching production. But I digress...

24 Apr 2015, 05:10 AM

Permanently Banned
double post
24 Apr 2015, 05:10 AM

So you're going to promote a copy paste bunker for the Soviets then Alex? this inst a Nerf of a buff its adding something to another faction that was designed to have defenses, and the Russians got the bombs to blow them up. So if you want Maxim Bunkers with he same fan as the Axis bunker to get an equal damage demo, bobs your uncle ill jump on that. But you'll find some argument that it doesn't work at way anyway. You want a free toy, like your Cache suggestion of OKW, no penalties for a buff, your logic is not RTS logic. I can see OST with demo if Sovs get bunkers, OKW does not need Demos with the mighty Stuka and Sturm around.

Except that

1. Soviets have a plethora of indirect fire to deal with bunkers, Ostheer and OKW don't doesn't.
2. Soviets don't need bunkers
3. Demos are not bunkers, one costs manpower and munitions, the other costs just munitions

The stuka isn't a blob counter, it's a support weapon counter. For killing moving enemy infantry it's an utter waste of time thanks to the long barrage cool down and how easy it is to avoid.

The best blob counter OKW has, but at an insane 242 fuel is the Sturmtiger (adjusting for the reduced income) it's a very hard sell considering how much you need that fuel to put into a Panther or JPIV to deal with enemy armor.

The point of giving the demo to everyone is to make it more fair, but as LeYawn pointed out demo's are super easy to use and a pain in the ass to get rid of while negating the unit preservation dynamic Relic desires so it might just be prudent to remove them from the game.

Allies blob just as much as Axis does, both should have equal tools to deal with it; problem is that almost all the tools are sitting with Soviets.
24 Apr 2015, 05:12 AM

Permanently Banned

I can imagine a good commander with both soviet bunkers and conscript dp28s. With like t34/85s. Or 120mm mortars/nebelwerfers for ostheer. I'd pay. Too bad relic isn't into making new commanders anymore :(
24 Apr 2015, 05:19 AM

Demos arent usually used to blow up bunkers even if you think thats what it was designed for. Penal Satchel charges are for that.
Demos are mainly used to blow of bridges, houses etc. Now they're being used to blow up tanks, and infantry squads alike.

Also, a stuka makes a REALLY loud sound in the fog of war when firing so its able to be anticipated and eventually killed. You cant have sweepers on every squad to keep your units from spontaneously evaporating into a puff of body parts.

There are compilations of demos wiping squads. Not one of them had a bunker in it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★