Login

russian armor

What I don't like in Soviets

21 Apr 2015, 15:31 PM

All factions are capable of blobbing, but the fact a vast majority of the good blob counters are limited to one faction is retarded.

Why should I have plentiful blob counters as Soviets and Ostheer (which still doesn't have as much as Soviets do), but almost none as USF or OKW?

Vast majority?

Stuka zu fuss is OKW, AA HT is okw. Sturmtiger is OKW, dual HMG works, but not as good as Ost ones.
Pinplane, loiter and pin-on-demand is Ost(retreat or die), Brummbar is Ost, duel HMG works, pwerfer is all about RNG.
Soviets have demo, propaganda arty :foreveralone: and incendiary, the 2 latter don't counter them but force retreat, katy is all about RNG.
USF have doctrinal demos :foreveralone:

You might want to review your definition of "vast majority".
21 Apr 2015, 15:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2015, 15:31 PMKatitof

Vast majority?

Stuka zu fuss is OKW, AA HT is okw. Sturmtiger is OKW, dual HMG works, but not as good as Ost ones.
Pinplane, loiter and pin-on-demand is Ost(retreat or die), Brummbar is Ost, duel HMG works, pwerfer is all about RNG.
Soviets have demo, propaganda arty :foreveralone: and incendiary, the 2 latter don't counter them but force retreat, katy is all about RNG.
USF have doctrinal demos :foreveralone:

You might want to review your definition of "vast majority".

The Stuka Zu Fuss isn't for countering enemy infantry blobs, unless you catch a enemy force on retreat your not going to be hitting anything due to the way the barrage works. It's for taking out enemy support weapon spam.

Similarly, the Sturmtiger is a great blob counter, but super fucking bloody expensive at that and in a fuel starved faction it's a hard sell.

Soviets have: precision strike on both mortars, 120 autofire and barrage, demos, propaganda artillery, incendiary, Katyusha, ML-20, B4, ZiS barrage, cheap mines, ect.

Ostheer: MG42, mortar HT flames, and.....well the Brummbar and Pwerfer which are insanely rare because of T4's tech costs. The pin plane is limited to 2 doctrines, one a strafe and the other a loiter.

OKW: AA HT, Sturmtiger. Not really much else, HMG34 is insanely bad at it's job and only saving grace is the fact you can spam them. Mostly just limited to out blobbing your opponent

USF: AA HT, Scott, Sherman HE, Priest, Demos, .50 cal is fragile but ~okay~. Still your mostly limited to out blobbing your opponent like OKW
meh
21 Apr 2015, 15:41 PM

Some of those are extreme hard counters Katie, I think there needs to be more soft counters. If you are picking a doctrine (1 out of Many) to handle a blobs that's kinda extreme. Not saying that it isn't doable or even wrong, but I do think there should be more soft counters.
aaa
21 Apr 2015, 15:43 PM

I don't like of using call ins tanks always
Conscripts outdated in late gave having very low survivabilty in the late game besides they can't inflict damage.

For me bigggest problem with sovs is that their units are so inaccessible due to insane cost of buildings.
ie
Tier 3:
sovs 275 manpower, 90 fuel
germs 160 manpower, 25 fuel
This is insane.
I like t-70 but spending so much for T3 building just to get couple T-70. And lose to some heavy shiet cuz T3 doesnt have any heavy tank counters.

Im playing with tank hunter commander ussualy and i really need SU85 after t70.
21 Apr 2015, 15:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2015, 09:59 AMPorygon

You can still go to post office, just remember to bring your smartphone and teamviewer switching the HE/AP round.

I don't care what they say, but Soviet are truly the bullshit heritage of the abusive part of Brit, PE and US and Wehr.

Cons, spam uncrushable, very durable sandbag everywhere at vital points, German can't win unless outnumbering it. OKW Volks sandbag? Does it last for 2 mins?

Clowncars, fucking BC and Roos, from Brit.

Wehr Volks depends on their sandbag helping their survival, but NOT making them 2X more durable.

Every Soviet squads (and Fusiliers), 6 men squad, never need to afraid getting one shot by AOE until the very late game. Meanwhile, Grens, Ober, all German support weapon, getting themselves one shot 24/7.

82mm and 120mm, precision strike is the greatest bullshit ever. See a squad capping? See a MG or german mortar you want to take out? Pay munition and a click, or just sit there, alt-tabbing out, switching tune in iTunes, done. All experienced guy dead. #Esport
And Relic think German mortar count-barrage means something in this mortar warfare, ROFL.

Guards, new Obers, period. Oh yeah, remember your Great wall of sandbag?

Shocks, six men KCH, never changed.

T-34/85, best medium tank in the games, come without even need to tech, arrive on battlefield even faster than Panthers, come with marked target. I thought PE panther groups call in was abusive enough, dude. At least PE need to tech all structures. Soviet don't even need to get a damn T3/T4. And it come with a stupid click bumping even MOAR damage.

ISU, anti-all units, I proved it is bullshit by trolling Stephenn 9 Cons, no tech into 2 ISUs 18 months ago. And guess what? No one cares. (And Lenny doing this now 24/7 I heard?)

IS2, able to bounce panthers, tiger, Pak40, Tiger Ace shell 24/7, and some dudes out there asking more buff to it. :foreveralone:

Call me a Axis fanboy, I don't care. That's my feeling about this game.

When playing Soviet, it is like playing without needing your brain working.

Spam 4 Cons, or T1 clownars, call in 2 Guards/Shocks, call some 120 behind shot blockers for free Squadwipe™ (NEVER NEED TO MICRO BECAUSE THEY NEVER DIE), tech for T70 or Kat, spam some fuel cache. Repeat calling in ISU/T3485, A move (or just move) until you win.

There is absolutely zero strategy at all.

Meanwhile playing Germans is so frustrating, Squadwipe™ happens 24/7 by AOE NO MATTER how you micro them, because guys love hugging each other. Ostheer combined arms are fun, quite effective on theory, but guess what 120 just wipe them all.

MHT or Stuka? It doesn't matter, that thing can survive with one dude left. Even all six are dead, just pick it up back, Squadwipe™ continues, forever and ever, Amen.

Oh, dont tell me anything about bullshit or cheese. You, the one ghost wiring and tank trapping, the truck pushing and defending it hypocrite.
21 Apr 2015, 15:50 PM

The Stuka Zu Fuss isn't for countering enemy infantry blobs, unless you catch a enemy force on retreat your not going to be hitting anything due to the way the barrage works. It's for taking out enemy support weapon spam.

Similarly, the Sturmtiger is a great blob counter, but super fucking bloody expensive at that and in a fuel starved faction it's a hard sell.

Soviets have: precision strike on both mortars, 120 autofire and barrage, demos, propaganda artillery, incendiary, Katyusha, ML-20, B4, ZiS barrage, cheap mines, ect.

Ostheer: MG42, mortar HT flames, and.....well the Brummbar and Pwerfer which are insanely rare because of T4's tech costs. The pin plane is limited to 2 doctrines, one a strafe and the other a loiter.

OKW: AA HT, Sturmtiger. Not really much else, HMG34 is insanely bad at it's job and only saving grace is the fact you can spam them. Mostly just limited to out blobbing your opponent

USF: AA HT, Scott, Sherman HE, Priest, Demos, .50 cal is fragile but ~okay~. Still your mostly limited to out blobbing your opponent like OKW

true. in teamgames.
aaa
21 Apr 2015, 15:58 PM

I'd rather play against old OKW than current soviets.

What soviets unit mix are difficult to play against.
For you
21 Apr 2015, 16:10 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Whole thread now extensively cleansed. Several posts invised.

If you cannot debate sensibly, it may be best to keep stumm. Otherwise, consequences may follow.

Back to topic
21 Apr 2015, 16:16 PM

@MajorBloodnok

Some post need to be "invised" here.

:banana:
21 Apr 2015, 16:22 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Thank you, Johny Shaun. :)
21 Apr 2015, 17:36 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Defamatory post invised.

Unless you wish to merge into the Kuhler, Techbee, I suggest you up your game ;)

Back to topic.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS