Login

russian armor

What I don't like in Soviets

21 Apr 2015, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2015, 11:58 AMKatitof

Still beats what soviet armor gets for vet, still allows for speedy retreats, unchanged for 100% of medium tanks.

Blitz was never meant to be free out of jail card, which it always was.

And please, tell me, what is supposed counterplay for OKW mark target of command panther against soviet armor? Are they supposed to cap points to death?

You want a good example of noob friendly click and win ability?
Try Combat blitz and blitzkrieg or command panther much stronger mark target(the panther also happens to spot for itself).

You can be axis fanboy all you want, but don't be a hypocrite at least.

Blitz was used as assaulting & get out of jail as always back in COH1, universal increase speed and ROF of all panzers and infantry.

C.panther mark target lasting very short. Allies armour always either die very fast or bouncing a hell lot of shell "IS2/ISU". I never find C.panther mark target is useful at all.

Mark target + Jackson HVAP round = game breaker.

My playing count of US, Wehr, PE was quite balanced. But Soviet, I just can't accept this abusive piece of fuckfail. I only play Soviet just because I have enough of its bullshit (or mates want playing Allies and I am not fancy with USF atm.)
21 Apr 2015, 12:24 PM

Most exaggerated thread.
21 Apr 2015, 12:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2015, 12:24 PMsamich
Most exaggerated thread.

You just fail to abuse the Soviet well, so you fail. Like the Brit, exactly.
21 Apr 2015, 12:27 PM

OKW is no more OP, just bad designed, while more /75s means less /85s. Would it be bad for you, Axis Only Player™?

OKW is no more OP, I agreed to that and I love it's no more OP. Related to bad design, I dunno. OKW was one thing at WFA launch, now it's verry different. No one said back then it was bad designed, not alpha or beta testers. They were verry happy and excited about this faction. And now, we hide under these words: bad design. I think it wasn't bad designed, it was supposed to work in a different way. Then kubel was changed, because it was underused. Then raketen was changed because it was thought it was overperforming. Then the infantry cannon, then pz2, then wurframen. The JLIs. And so on, untill the latest changes to Obers and KT.

What we call today "bad design" is where all these changes - some of them not apropriate - drove us by modifying the bahavior of most OKW units (OKW is the faction that suffered the most important changes since launch if I'm not mistaken). We have no right today to call it bad designed. It is balanced, or more balanced that it was in the recent past, but this is all we can say about it.

And I'm not an Axis Only Player.
21 Apr 2015, 13:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2015, 12:27 PMPorygon

You just fail to abuse the Soviet well, so you fail. Like the Brit, exactly.

My last game was beating you mate.. and i was usf :)
21 Apr 2015, 13:12 PM

and you would get rolled because you have no field presence and nothing to defend your artillery with.

I usually play 4v4 and was describing the end of game units (and maybe exaggerating a little bit). The ml-20's cost is okay for what it does, as is the pop cap. I get them occasionally, normally build just one, but it still racks up 40-60 kills. It sometimes kills badly wounded tanks when I can fire into the retreat path. The damage is somewhere around 240 so you're not going to kill anything that is near full health. It's also great for punishing aggressive truck placements.
21 Apr 2015, 14:07 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

This looks like a wall of ranting rage... but nothing you said wasn't true...I'd rather play against old OKW than current soviets.
21 Apr 2015, 14:11 PM

This looks like a wall of ranting rage... but nothing you said wasn't true...I'd rather play against old OKW than current soviets.

I don't have problems against old OKW, but I am very frustrated against Soviet since forever, I have been partially quitted playing COH2 because of this.
21 Apr 2015, 14:15 PM

Soviets sure are most fun for me :snfBarton: is there something wrong with me, I mean I get bored of playing OKW so quickly, winning or not
21 Apr 2015, 14:17 PM

i like how porygon keeps talking about how soviets are batshit OP yet hasn't played soviets in 1v1 for months :foreveralone:
21 Apr 2015, 14:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2015, 14:11 PMPorygon

I don't have problems against old OKW, but I am very frustrated against Soviet since forever, I have been partially quitted playing COH2 because of this.

Because soviets are frustrating both to play with and against.
They are focused on doctrines and gimmicks, they can't fight on pair against anyone without elite infantry and call-in armor.

Even the FOTM tank hunters are not as potent now that people actually learned to counter them and once the early power of the doctrine is stopped, there is nothing in late game that would contest axis.

You can go for early game, fast game closing gimmicks or stall for 10cp+ for call-ins, you try anything in between and play with normal tiers, you lose.

@Burts
I played him recently, not sure if he played soviets or USF, but he did played on allied side.
If you want to point him anything, then point him out his infinite hypocrisy and why he wasn't bitching constantly when OKW was more OP then march deployment wehr G43 grenspam for the last 6 months.
21 Apr 2015, 14:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2015, 14:17 PMBurts
i like how porygon keeps talking about how soviets are batshit OP yet hasn't played soviets in 1v1 for months :foreveralone:

I played Sov 1v1 like 5 times after lolPTRS, and yes, it is batshit.
You forget my PTRS clip? :loco:

Months :loco:
21 Apr 2015, 14:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2015, 14:19 PMKatitof

Because soviets are frustrating both to play with and against.
They are focused on doctrines and gimmicks, they can't fight on pair against anyone without elite infantry and call-in armor.

Even the FOTM tank hunters are not as potent now that people actually learned to counter them and once the early power of the doctrine is stopped, there is nothing in late game that would contest axis.

You can go for early game, fast game closing gimmicks or stall for 10cp+ for call-ins, you try anything in between and play with normal tiers, you lose.

@Burts
I played him recently, not sure if he played soviets or USF, but he did played on allied side.
If you want to point him anything, then point him out his infinite hypocrisy and why he wasn't bitching constantly when OKW was more OP then march deployment wehr G43 grenspam for the last 6 months.

I said 1v1, i know he plays them in team games. Oh, apparently he did 1v1 apparently. Too bad his 1v1 rank is the lowest for soviets out of all factions :snfPeter:

Anyways, im not really going to argue whether soviets are OP or not OP. I really like the game in its state right now and i've been playing prostheer nonstop :snfPeter:

Sorry porygon :snfPeter:
21 Apr 2015, 14:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2015, 14:30 PMBurts

I said 1v1, i know he plays them in team games. Oh, apparently he did 1v1 apparently. Too bad his 1v1 rank is the lowest for soviets out of all factions :snfPeter:

Because I hate this retarded faction, only playing trolling strat with it.
It is the same with my Brit, attacking my Soviet/Brit stat is like what that idiot IronRoman was.
21 Apr 2015, 14:48 PM

The issue with Soviets is they have plentiful amounts of tools to do anything they want but every other faction has to pay out the ass for the same abilities. Not to mention Soviets have the most amount of squad wipe capable bullshit while having the biggest squads themselves.

Soviets are broken because call in meta is broken, simple as that. Also demo charges are insanely dumb to be limited to only Allies when it's bar none the best blob counter in the game.
21 Apr 2015, 14:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2015, 14:17 PMBurts

I've played Soviets quite a bit recently and I think they are the strongest faction in 1s and 2s. "Batshit OP", nah. But they have an edge, especially on constrained maps, and IMHO at least in 1s actually allow for more tactical variety than ie. OH does, since conscript based strats with quick T3 are entirely viable these days, as is sniperplay etc.

Anyways, this thread would benefit from a moderation in tone. Whats it with all this hostility, this is a videogame ffs, dont take it so personal people.
21 Apr 2015, 15:23 PM

Permanently Banned

U forget fast

Also demo charges are insanely dumb to be limited to only Allies when it's bar none the best blob counter in the game.

Stop blobbing and LEarn how to micro
21 Apr 2015, 15:26 PM

U forget fast

Stop blobbing and LEarn how to micro

All factions are capable of blobbing, but the fact a vast majority of the good blob counters are limited to one faction is retarded.

Why should I have plentiful blob counters as Soviets and Ostheer (which still doesn't have as much as Soviets do), but almost none as USF or OKW?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 46
Germany 616
Netherlands 17

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak