Login

russian armor

Lack of credible defensive option

11 Apr 2015, 13:10 PM

Hi guys :ph34r:

I feel there is a lack of real defensive position in coh2.

We could have many different kind of bunkers at different cost on manpower/muni, light sandbag dome to protect vs mortar/light arty, upgrading tanks with sandbag, ambush arty piece (leFH, howitzer) for more discretion (especially versus mobile arty), ambushed underground bunkers with MGs, outpost... All of this could be non-doctrinal on all engineers, and could house some MG/AT canon. Could be expensive to make a choice on a defensive/offensive gameplay…

To go further, we need more upgrading possibilities (for tank/building) like unlock carrying AT guns/arty piece by vehicle, crew soldiers on tanks…

Granade should take a more prominent place, and sometimes miss target/bounceback.

What do you think about that guys?
11 Apr 2015, 15:35 PM

Permanently Banned
I dont agree with any of this
11 Apr 2015, 16:13 PM

So you want the game to be more campy, right?
11 Apr 2015, 16:50 PM
Coder Red Badge

I too miss the days of Brit emplacement spam.
11 Apr 2015, 16:52 PM
Donator 11

Dont worry, brits are coming back Kappa
11 Apr 2015, 17:07 PM

Campy games are boring to watch and not fun to play. Regardless, CoH2 is very defense friendly. Compare it to SC2 where games can be decided in 5 mins.
11 Apr 2015, 17:18 PM

No.
It'd make it more like Brawl. Too slow and campy with less depth.
11 Apr 2015, 17:49 PM

Except everything being a campfest and every map becoming sittard, there are a major problem with this:

Size of maps. There isn't enough room to do this type of emplacements. Games in the Sudden Strike series have bunkers and emplacements like your looking for but those maps are a lot larger. There just isn't space, nor time during a game of CoH2, to construct stuff like that.
11 Apr 2015, 17:55 PM

I had enough of that in vcoh
11 Apr 2015, 18:56 PM

More defensive options would be great, but I agree with somenbjorn that map sizes would have to be increased to allow for flanking.
11 Apr 2015, 21:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Give more/better defensive options to the community defensive commanders. That's it.
11 Apr 2015, 21:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Give more/better defensive options to the community defensive commanders. That's it.

Pleasssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee make them good

Which would also probably require making heavies in general not broken, SO WIN-WIN!
11 Apr 2015, 21:59 PM

I'd like every faction to have sandbags, but beyond that, I'm not so sure. If they were to add Japan, I'd support them having some really nice defensive options, but I wouldn't want heavy emplacements for every faction. I think it would make the game too campy.
11 Apr 2015, 22:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2015, 21:59 PMKothre
I'd like every faction to have sandbags, but beyond that, I'm not so sure. If they were to add Japan, I'd support them having some really nice defensive options, but I wouldn't want heavy emplacements for every faction. I think it would make the game too campy.

It'd be nice if sandbags didn't die instantly from tanks to make the time building them not get flushed away nearly instantly.

Just one more hit, all I ask.
11 Apr 2015, 22:03 PM

Defensive options are provided by sandbags, bunkers and weapon teams.
We don't really need more of that.
11 Apr 2015, 23:27 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I like your idea of being able to tow AT guns.

You are desperately trying to back your AT gun up from the incoming blob of infantry, but you don't make it and they abandon the AT gun. Que the M20 coming in to save the day and drag the AT gun back to safety.

Too bad they will never add this.

The rest of the changes sound awful.

Edit: The sandbag dome could also be interesting if it did not function like garrisoning a building.
11 Apr 2015, 23:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2015, 23:27 PMTobis
I like your idea of being able to tow AT guns.

You are desperately trying to back your AT gun up from the incoming blob of infantry, but you don't make it and they abandon the AT gun. Que the M20 coming in to save the day and drag the AT gun back to safety.

Too bad they will never add this.

That actually sounds like a pretty bad idea for now 'cause then an M20 rush which took out an AT gun will be stealing it easily too!
12 Apr 2015, 11:53 AM

I don't understand you guys who said it would be too campy. Nobody answered about : upgrade tank with sandbags, ambushed arty piece, crew soldiers on tank, grenade bounce ... it's not a "campy way".

I agree that bunkers would be a bit campy, but, we already have "bunkers" which are really crappy, i only said we could have some different kind of bunkers at different cost (could be really expensive)
Tanks like brummbar/sturmtiger/AVRE was designed to be "fortification destrutors"

I feel that it would make a more versatile gameplay, and not so "campy" like yo guys said. It's like you want to play at LoL or SC2 on coh2 : "NO RNG, NO DEFENSIVE, JUST BLITZ+FLANK+15MINWINKAPPALOL". We are playing a WW2 game, don't forget that.

By the way, i proposed some mobile feature so .. :huh:
12 Apr 2015, 12:47 PM

I don't understand you guys who said it would be too campy. Nobody answered about : upgrade tank with sandbags, ambushed arty piece, crew soldiers on tank, grenade bounce ... it's not a "campy way".

I agree that bunkers would be a bit campy, but, we already have "bunkers" which are really crappy, i only said we could have some different kind of bunkers at different cost (could be really expensive)
Tanks like brummbar/sturmtiger/AVRE was designed to be "fortification destrutors"

I feel that it would make a more versatile gameplay, and not so "campy" like yo guys said. It's like you want to play at LoL or SC2 on coh2 : "NO RNG, NO DEFENSIVE, JUST BLITZ+FLANK+15MINWINKAPPALOL". We are playing a WW2 game, don't forget that.

By the way, i proposed some mobile feature so .. :huh:

I totally agree with you, some more emplacements would be really nice. a new way to fortyfie your position would be great. It can counter the blob problem in this game bcs nowaday if you want to win the most easy way is to get a blob. and those emplacements can be counterd by arty from the allies and the sturm panzer and the sturm tiger from the axis. It also brings back the role of arty in the game and the role of those 2 under used tanks. They might should be an upgrade to the base buildings : the more expensive base building you got the more stronger (and expensive) emplacement you get acces to.

Srry for the bad english
12 Apr 2015, 13:09 PM

I totally agree with you, some more emplacements would be really nice. a new way to fortyfie your position would be great. It can counter the blob problem in this game bcs nowaday if you want to win the most easy way is to get a blob. and those emplacements can be counterd by arty from the allies and the sturm panzer and the sturm tiger from the axis. It also brings back the role of arty in the game and the role of those 2 under used tanks. They might should be an upgrade to the base buildings : the more expensive base building you got the more stronger (and expensive) emplacement you get acces to.

Srry for the bad english

Thank you for your answer, don't worry your english is as bad as mine. :banana:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment