Login

russian armor

Ostheer: What is to be done?

PAGES (19)down
17 Feb 2015, 07:50 AM

Theres a problem, Ostwind is not hard AI enough for its cost.
Panzer IV is almost as good on AI as the ostwind for 15 fuel difference.

Ostwind perhaps needs infantry suppression as blob counter to make it more useful and distinct ai vehicle than pz 4,or brummbarr needs it(like tank shock).This would improve the useability of these vehicles.
17 Feb 2015, 08:06 AM

Theres a problem, Ostwind is not hard AI enough for its cost.

Imo that's because WFA factions got things like the Luchs and Flak Half-Tracks that wreck face, which make the Ostwind look bad in comparison. Even the Schwerer Panzer Headquarters, using the same gun as the Ostwind, makes the entire area around it a restricted zone.

And I would like to see your solution to making the PIV more viable in the current Jackson meta, seeing as it's main gun is fine the only real thing I can think of is a cost decrease or a increase in health and armor.

That's a problem with the Jackson, not the Panzer IV. The Panzer IV is the overall strongest stock medium tank out of all 3.
17 Feb 2015, 08:12 AM

Imo that's because WFA factions got things like the Luchs and Flak Half-Tracks that wreck face, which make the Ostwind look bad in comparison. Even the Schwerer Panzer Headquarters, using the same gun as the Ostwind, makes the entire area around it a restricted zone.

It's killing power is not what i think is the problem its the fact that its almost as expensive as P4
while only being a little better at killing infantry.

So i feel like its fuel cost could be dropped down to 90 or 85.
17 Feb 2015, 08:46 AM

The old ost strats still deliver a punch: assgrens on stalingrad, agressive halftrack + grens with lmgs combo VS usf, relief inf strats, onfield howi and double pak40 wins games vs USF.

?
No, they just don't, no offence, but you are operating in the realm of outright fantasy here. Assgrens, seriously? They make winning the first engagement feasible if your opponent doesnt make it to a house, thats about it. Anything centered around Relief inf/Howie, you might as well just quit and spare youself the pain.
The StuG-E/Tiger combo or on large open maps the Ele might win games against US. None too often though, as you will have already lost/be boxed into your base sector before they even appear. A good US player has all the tools to deliver inordinate pressure in the early game and follow it up with a Sherman at 5 cp, and that will be that.
17 Feb 2015, 10:26 AM
Donator 11

I don't think that ost is the worst faction, grenadier lmg42 is good against usf rifles and of course tiger is god damn good against their tanks.

Thats what I was saying. Just upgrade grens with lmgs, keep em alive and rifles are done.

Thats unbalanced as grens with lmgs outperforms rifle bars while grens are cheaper and BARs require fuel/manpower to upgrade.

17 Feb 2015, 10:33 AM
Donator 11

?
No, they just don't, no offence, but you are operating in the realm of outright fantasy here. Assgrens, seriously? They make winning the first engagement feasible if your opponent doesnt make it to a house, thats about it. Anything centered around Relief inf/Howie, you might as well just quit and spare youself the pain.
The StuG-E/Tiger combo or on large open maps the Ele might win games against US. None too often though, as you will have already lost/be boxed into your base sector before they even appear. A good US player has all the tools to deliver inordinate pressure in the early game and follow it up with a Sherman at 5 cp, and that will be that.

Who is operating in fantasy realm here?

I had an automatch 1 v 1 against Fortune (OST) and I went for airborne, he responded with ost onfield howi and thats was it. I had no counter to his arty.

I tought I had him early/mid game, but when the first shells landed on my retreating rifles the game became an upphill battle for me.

17 Feb 2015, 11:17 AM

Buff the HP of the sniper, and change the teching costs.
17 Feb 2015, 11:19 AM

I had an automatch 1 v 1 against Fortune (OST) and I went for airborne, he responded with ost onfield howi and thats was it. I had no counter to his arty.

I tought I had him early/mid game, but when the first shells landed on my retreating rifles the game became an upphill battle for me.

I find that indirect fire is generally bad against constantly moving blob (unless it is rocket artillery)
17 Feb 2015, 12:01 PM

You are, and again, no offence here, but you got trolled by an admittedly very good player. If he has an Ostwind on the field, there is absolutely no excuse for you not to have a Sherman, especially with superior mapcontrol.
Again, we would not have this conversation if you actually played OH.
17 Feb 2015, 12:27 PM

Remove the 25% accuracy receiver on all Mgs.

Reduce teching costs/increase buildings costs.

Reduce the damge of M36 to 160 or 200 and buff its penetration.
It will less deny OST T3 and improve its performances against Heavy tanks. Win/Win.
17 Feb 2015, 12:27 PM

I think in 90% of cases L2P has to be done Kappaaaaaaaaaaaa
17 Feb 2015, 12:33 PM

You are, and again, no offence here, but you got trolled by an admittedly very good player. If he has an Ostwind on the field, there is absolutely no excuse for you not to have a Sherman, especially with superior mapcontrol.
Again, we would not have this conversation if you actually played OH.

I think he meant LeFH 105mm
17 Feb 2015, 12:46 PM

I think he meant LeFH 105mm

Ye might have misread his post. Thought he referred to both Ost (wind) and Howie. Both of which is troll extraordinaire.
17 Feb 2015, 13:53 PM

I think the reason T3 does not have a hard AT counter is because of how good Pak40 and shreks (used right) are.

At T2 and T3, Ost are still supposed to be playing on the backfoot, commanding a smaller part of the map with stronger units. Having a dedicated TD in T3 would change that dynamic and let them go hunting more.
17 Feb 2015, 14:25 PM

Permanently Banned
I think in 90% of cases L2P has to be done Kappaaaaaaaaaaaa

Yes just like 90% of cases for OKW and USF is easy mode GG
17 Feb 2015, 17:57 PM
Benefactor 115

-Adjust the call in mechanism to make it less cost effective
-Increase the tech costing for WFA factions
-Tweak the MG42 to better deal with the DPS of a blob in the MG cone

Wait a month to see how the above plays out. The first 2 will completely change the game.
17 Feb 2015, 18:29 PM

Please relic

PLEASE

Sure as long as US gets Pershing or we don't need another insta kill heavy Uber Axis TD.
17 Feb 2015, 19:47 PM

Sure as long as US gets Pershing or we don't need another insta kill heavy Uber Axis TD.
#

Also this

Relic plz, need moar.
17 Feb 2015, 20:05 PM

Wait so how is the inclusion of the Jadgpanther, a unit which Ostheer sorely needs, the limit for you when things like the Jadgtiger and Elefant exist? You know that a Pershing wouldn't be able to take any more hits than an Easy Eight while not being able to attack enemy infantry right?

The Pershing could work as a good counter to the KT, but it couldn't have nearly the health or armor of an IS2.

Still there is little to reason to say the Jadgpanther can't be in COH2 when we have units like the Sturmtiger and Stuart.
17 Feb 2015, 21:52 PM

#

Also this

Relic plz, need moar.

Isnt that a centurion? A post war tank.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L