Login

russian armor

Custom commanders?

PAGES (8)down
5 Feb 2015, 09:53 AM

_

5 Feb 2015, 10:04 AM

Interesting... Also, what´s that about supply being used to repair items? Coh: Online all over again?
5 Feb 2015, 10:15 AM

I said about year ago that Relic will introduce $ commanders like, "Pay 5E for each ability! Make your own commander!"

So it's getting to that point :lol:
________
But if it will be avaible only from war spoils - not by buying abilities via steam - this will be something huge.
5 Feb 2015, 10:21 AM

What more important is "From the store".

Seems like Relic solution for warspoil is store purchase.
Or it's just Steam Store and custom commander will be "purchased" through ability, but I could be wrong.
5 Feb 2015, 10:29 AM

Amazing. I am totally curios about the next weeks...
5 Feb 2015, 10:38 AM

Liufwaffe fuel drops + smoke + g43 + tiger ace + stug e. I pay $$$ for that
5 Feb 2015, 10:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2015, 10:38 AMVIPUKS
Liufwaffe fuel drops + smoke + g43 + tiger ace + stug e. I pay $$$ for that

But we don't know anything about common/rare/legendary abilities. I belive TA is legendary and Stug E/Fuel drops are rare so it won't be that easy if we can get 1 rare and 1 legendary.
5 Feb 2015, 11:05 AM

But we don't know anything about common/rare/legendary abilities. I belive TA is legendary and Stug E/Fuel drops are rare so it won't be that easy if we can get 1 rare and 1 legendary.

$$$ will fix it
5 Feb 2015, 11:07 AM

Yes, thats exactly what coh2 needs.

No smelly balance.

No useless optimizations.

No frakking 3 sec freezes fix.

CoH2 the trading card game booster packs-that will fix EVERYTHING!
5 Feb 2015, 11:07 AM

While I am welcoming of custom commanders, this MUST be implemented carefully to avoid exploits.

Paying $20 dollars for the best custom commander should not be necessary to win the game.
5 Feb 2015, 11:08 AM
Patrion 14

Yeah they will definitely limit the abilities somehow.

If they were REALLY sly they would add extra incentives to some of the "lower tier" abilities or add theme bonuses. Or add new, passive abilities that modify other abilities in your loadout (passive ability to reduce muni cost of airstrikes by 20%, passive ability to have tank callins come 1CP earlier)... so you can sacrifice an ability slot to modify one of the other abilities, and greatly open up the combinatorics.

But here I am backseat designing again and we know practically nothing about the whole thing... I will be happy with custom commanders alone.

Except if they do not take care CoH2 will quickly become Clone Wars (most beneficial ability combos will quickly rise to top of the meta), or if drops are really rare, then people will just use what they get, so anyone who gets the Tiger ability will have it in the damn loadout... so it becomes a case of you don't get to play with the shiny toys unless you fork over cash... etc.
5 Feb 2015, 11:31 AM

Won't this bring again a pile of balance problems? I mean, if custom comanders will be allowed in multiplayer.... not good, not good. Or maybe the commander construction feature will be built in such a way that there will be no chance for such a commander to be OP? I'm thinking at commander abilities that will not be allowed to go together or such. I cannot think now at abilities that together will make a commander OP, but surely they are!
5 Feb 2015, 11:41 AM

(...) Or maybe the commander construction feature will be built in such a way that there will be no chance for such a commander to be OP? I'm thinking at commander abilities that will not be allowed to go together or such. (...)

This! But otherwise: "Oh No! It´s Relic!" :facepalm:

Edit:

But honestly I doubt you will be able to add heavy Call-Ins like Tiger I/ISU/Sturmtiger to your customized Commander.
5 Feb 2015, 11:53 AM

Yeah, instead of fixing useless abilities we will just get to handcraft our commanders with the most powerful abilities that exist right now for 10+ Euro.

Sounds like people are going to call "Pay to Win" again.

This system should have been the default and the ability packs free I feel. But I guess Relic needs their moneys...
5 Feb 2015, 11:56 AM
Donator 22

troop training + luftwaffe fuel drop + smoke + Luftwaffe flame Barrage + tiger ace :rofl:
5 Feb 2015, 12:05 PM

Guards Rifle -- Shock Troops -- 120MM Mortar -- For Mother Russia -- IS2

Valiant Assault + STG44 Obers

Pak43 + Tiger Ace

Convert Fuel to Muni + JU87 anti-tank strafing run...

I thought there was a good reason for Relic to limit the arsenal of stock commanders. I thought this reason was game balance, but it seems to be to sell custom commanders for more money.

Hopefully, I am very, very wrong.
5 Feb 2015, 12:06 PM

About the Supply thing.. is it possible that instead of getting items from Warspoils, we'll get Supply and be able to buy stuff (bulletins, commanders etc.) we want with it?

Or alternatively, be able to convert drops into Supply?
5 Feb 2015, 12:07 PM

Yes, thats exactly what coh2 needs.

No smelly balance.

No useless optimizations.

No frakking 3 sec freezes.

CoH2 the trading card game booster packs-that will fix EVERYTHING!

That's what Relic's pockets needs, who said anything about Player needs ? :snfPeter:
5 Feb 2015, 12:16 PM

1. Radio Intercept
2. Recon Overflight
3. Armored Vehicle Detection
4. Spy Network
5. Artillery Flares

NKVD ROFL DISRUPTION???
5 Feb 2015, 12:26 PM

About the Supply thing.. is it possible that instead of getting items from Warspoils, we'll get Supply and be able to buy stuff (bulletins, commanders etc.) we want with it?

Or alternatively, be able to convert drops into Supply?

PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 31
Peru 18
United Kingdom 47
unknown 4
United States 2
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias