Login

russian armor

Making ram useful again

31 Jan 2015, 19:05 PM
Donator 11

Just make one ram damage the main gun of the enemy tank and after that it can shoot 3-5 times before the gun gets destroyed, damaged main gun crit and destroyed gun will go away after fully repaired. 2 rams will also destroy the enemy vehicles main gun.

If someone could add this to a mod, that would be a great way of testing how this would work!
31 Jan 2015, 19:20 PM

So you want to ram with 2 t34s and kill a tiger? No thank you.
31 Jan 2015, 21:31 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2015, 19:20 PMRMMLz
So you want to ram with 2 t34s and kill a tiger? No thank you.

It does not die obviously, just the main gun and maybe 1/5 of its health
31 Jan 2015, 21:33 PM

Well the main gun destroy critical was the main problem. It was very OP, why should you be able to disable a 260 fuel tank's main gun with a 100 fuel unit? think about it.
31 Jan 2015, 21:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2015, 21:33 PMRMMLz
Well the main gun destroy critical was the main problem. It was very OP, why should you be able to disable a 260 fuel tank's main gun with a 100 fuel unit? think about it.

Why can you stun a 230 IS-2 with an 80 fuel stug? Why can you disable the engine or even destroy the engine on a 260 fuel king tiger with a 30 muni mine? Think about it.

31 Jan 2015, 21:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jan 2015, 21:39 PMBurts

Why can you stun a 230 IS-2 with an 80 fuel stug? Why can you disable the engine or even destroy the engine on a 260 fuel king tiger with a 30 muni mine? Think about it.

I don't know if you just want to contradict or really wanna discuss. Destroying main gun is much more punishing than engine damage. Right now ram is fine, it deal decent damage, and reduces mobility so you can finish it off. But losing the main gun is much worse. That's the reason it got nerfed.
31 Jan 2015, 22:09 PM

It was OP, now it's UP.
20% for: main gun, engine damage, critical engine damage
40% for: shock crew.

This should also be related to the target. So these numbers should be about Tiger/Elephnat, King Tiger but vs PzIV or Stug it should be 30% for these 3 and 10% for shock (or something like that)
31 Jan 2015, 23:36 PM

Just replace the damn ability already.

Give the T-34 overdrive and it'd be a whole lot more realistic then this blitzkrieg nonsense German tanks have currently.
1 Feb 2015, 01:47 AM
Patrion 310

Everyone hated and Ram and I don't think anyone really wants to to become useful again. If you were Soviets you hated having to throw away your tanks just to be able to have a chance to kill axis armour (wasn't even a guaranteed kill if they have a pak nearby) and Osther playes hated it because it was a stupid tactic and a pain in the ass. Just remove Ram and replace it with some sort of speed increase to make flanking easier (like axis armour gets :))
1 Feb 2015, 01:57 AM
Patrion 14

i like ram. it feels like a desperate last move.
1 Feb 2015, 03:29 AM

Make a "hit the gas" ability replace the ram, just like German blitzkrieg, I personally don't like ram, most of time its useless
1 Feb 2015, 05:59 AM
Patrion 28

make it better and make it a vet ability or make its effectiveness based upon vet. that makes it more of a trade off but keeps a conceptually interesting ability in the game. or make it a ground targeting ability so that it requires skill to use.
1 Feb 2015, 06:31 AM

make it better and make it a vet ability or make its effectiveness based upon vet. that makes it more of a trade off but keeps a conceptually interesting ability in the game. or make it a ground targeting ability so that it requires skill to use.

Why on earth would I save up a veteran tank to waste on Tiger which it'll just bounce off of?

Ram is ahistorical nonsense which must be eliminated by state security elements...
1 Feb 2015, 06:41 AM
Patrion 28

because you have like 3 tanks, one is vet, and the ram will guarantee an engine destroyed and/or main gun destroyed.

i don't see any possible way for ram to have any use in a single tank situation. i can see it having use in a (buffed ram) 2 t34/1 IV situation to destroy the IV without losing any tanks but by nature ram is a numbers advantage multiplier.
1 Feb 2015, 07:08 AM

because you have like 3 tanks, one is vet, and the ram will guarantee an engine destroyed and/or main gun destroyed.

i don't see any possible way for ram to have any use in a single tank situation. i can see it having use in a (buffed ram) 2 t34/1 IV situation to destroy the IV without losing any tanks but by nature ram is a numbers advantage multiplier.

Teching and minimal price differentiation makes "numbers" only applicable in large two games where at least two players invested all fuel into t34's...

Ram is a feature for a tank that you dont care about throwing away. Back when t34's costed 85 fuel and bounced shots off of peverything and bounced zero shots themselves, trading a large piece of crap for a tiger was worth it (and very stupid). Now, sacrificing 100 fuel for very minimal advantage is silly, and this ability should be removed. Its a free fuel advantage option for the enemy since the t34 gets immobilized AND has no gun, resulting in a guaranteed death. Also, t34/85's have this ability which is even more stupid... 800 hp and a better gun sure as hell doesnt deserve to be thrown away like that. Especially one with vet.

Might as well have the speedboost of the ram with the engine overheat minus the ram impact. Also, tanks can simply reverse blitz to avoid ram. :P
1 Feb 2015, 07:42 AM

Ram is still useful in desperate situations. I think it should just be a guaranteed engine damage with high chance of crew shock. Ram is really only meant to be used now when you know you're going to lose the tank.
Considering T-34/76s are bad but not completely useless like when the game launched, I think it's fair.
1 Feb 2015, 08:08 AM
Patrion 28

Teching and minimal price differentiation makes "numbers" only applicable in large two games where at least two players invested all fuel into t34's...

Ram is a feature for a tank that you dont care about throwing away. Back when t34's costed 85 fuel and bounced shots off of peverything and bounced zero shots themselves, trading a large piece of crap for a tiger was worth it (and very stupid). Now, sacrificing 100 fuel for very minimal advantage is silly, and this ability should be removed. Its a free fuel advantage option for the enemy since the t34 gets immobilized AND has no gun, resulting in a guaranteed death. Also, t34/85's have this ability which is even more stupid... 800 hp and a better gun sure as hell doesnt deserve to be thrown away like that. Especially one with vet.

Might as well have the speedboost of the ram with the engine overheat minus the ram impact. Also, tanks can simply reverse blitz to avoid ram. :P

losing one 34/76 to kill a tiger is very much worthwhile. also, i'm suggesting that ram get's buffed; possibly on the ramming tank's end as well. a fucked up 34/76 is almost never worth a 4 second stun, even when you can recover it afterwards.
1 Feb 2015, 09:28 AM

losing one 34/76 to kill a tiger is very much worthwhile. also, i'm suggesting that ram get's buffed; possibly on the ramming tank's end as well. a fucked up 34/76 is almost never worth a 4 second stun, even when you can recover it afterwards.

The problem is that it's unfair that one T-34 which costs half the price of a Tiger should kill it just by driving up to it and ramming it.
Skill, now that's another matter, one which the game doesn't fully advantage when it comes to tank warfare. However, being able to kill a Tiger with 2 clicks is plain imbalanced. Which is why the ram was nerfed to uselessness in the first place. If anything it needs to be removed and something put in its place.

C'mon German fanboys, back an old Soviet fanboy for once won't you? :D

1 Feb 2015, 10:37 AM

I agree that it should be stronger, right now it is just for the lols but has no reliable effect.

The chances to inflict criticals should increase with veterancy of the T34 imo. So vetted T34s actually impose SOME kind of danger. Also it will prevent from lolramming everything with fresh built T34s. Like at Vet 2 it should always cause engine damage and at Vet 3 50% chance for main gun desytroyed, so you get an actual exchange value for sacrificing a highly vetted tank (imagine throwing away a vet 3 P4..)
1 Feb 2015, 10:54 AM

I think Ram should just deal equal damage to both tanks and stun both tanks for an equal amount of time. Nice and simple.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★