Login

russian armor

M8 Greyhound Canister shot is extremely OP

28 Jan 2015, 23:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2015, 23:16 PMKatitof

Wish I had bookmarked that clip where luchs obliterated full health con squad with a single burst.

where they likely where clumped up but everything gets fucked up when clumped up even a shrek can one shot a full squad in 1 hit these days.
28 Jan 2015, 23:52 PM
Benefactor 115

You did not get my point.
Luchs is the only ligh vehicle which is able to get over 40kills.
Greyhound is able to do the same thing but only when spends tons of ammo.

So Greyhound, 50ammo ability, more fragile, less hp is OP byt Luchs is not?

I understood your point. I don't think you understood mine. I was trying to get you to reflect on your position thru a series of questions.

The discussion is about the Canister shot ability, not the performance or value of the M8. The performance of the luchs is irrelevant to that discussion.

For future reference, direct comparisons to another factions unit ignores too many factors; timing, cost, roll within its army composition, synergy with other units, how each units balance with the other factions, etc...

29 Jan 2015, 01:05 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Here is your replay. Watch from the 14 second mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8fme1ncWAU

The greyhound was aiming at the sturms and the volks were behind said sturms in the side of the building with all the windows open.

Thats like a pak40 shooting at something,missing,and then the shell flying all the way across the map and hitting an ambulance. Nurf Pak40

I do agree though in this case the greyhound and squad grouping does need a nerf.

Buff main gun to stuart level with lower ROF, give it smoke and maybe more expensive mines instead of canister, and give it skurts by default. Fixed.
29 Jan 2015, 01:25 AM

29 Jan 2015, 01:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2015, 01:25 AMGdot
Kubel. Wagen.

Woah the Kubel has Cannister? How did I not know that! :snfCHVGame:
29 Jan 2015, 03:21 AM

Ye, OP as hell.
Especially its range, spread and aim time.

Canister shot should kill one infantryman in a squad at best!
29 Jan 2015, 03:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2015, 23:00 PMKatitof

Pretty interesting considering canisters actual AoE and the fact that cover, including garrison cover gave you pretty great chances of surviving.

Makes it a huge bizarre "what the.." moment. How high is the crit chance on that thing?
29 Jan 2015, 04:07 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

20 range
50 munition

40 damage in a 3 radius with low penetration (~3)
Critical: Any infantry unit taking damage dies.
29 Jan 2015, 06:18 AM

The greyhound was aiming at the sturms and the volks were behind said sturms in the side of the building with all the windows open.

Thats like a pak40 shooting at something,missing,and then the shell flying all the way across the map and hitting an ambulance. Nurf Pak40

I do agree though in this case the greyhound and squad grouping does need a nerf.

Buff main gun to stuart level with lower ROF, give it smoke and maybe more expensive mines instead of canister, and give it skurts by default. Fixed.

the clip was just to emphasize the cone of devastation the thing has. Agree on your points though, minus the skirts for default.
29 Jan 2015, 10:40 AM

The unit is fine. It discourages blobbing and so only blobbers could complain about that unit. With only 40 damage per shot it won't even kill a single unit if it hits it.

If you nerf the cannister shot, you remove the unit from the game.
29 Jan 2015, 10:46 AM

Yep it's OP,it always wipes out 3 men of an ostheer squard or wipes out a whole unit.
29 Jan 2015, 13:11 PM

Anyone who's claiming this vechile is fine... I don't think I should even express what my exact thoughts are to these kind of people. But let's just call them.. stupid.

This unit which you can get at 3 CPS and for like 40 fuel and 200 MP or something is just the most ridiculous killing machine in the entire game. (And its funny because its better at killing stuff than a god damn KT). For just 50 munis you can pull off a "moving demolition charge", just for the lower cost and even more spread damage.
A good microed M8 can ruin the whole game (like it mostly do). And for the record, it doesnt even need be microed properly. You just drive up, kill squads and back off again. It doesnt even matter if you retreat.

Solution: Make it's main gun better and remove that STUPID ability.
29 Jan 2015, 15:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The unit is fine. It discourages blobbing and so only blobbers could complain about that unit. With only 40 damage per shot it won't even kill a single unit if it hits it.

Just like demo doesn't discourage blobs and it's good against single squads, Canister shot works on the same way.

PD: you missed the part on which while the canister deals 40damage, if you get hit, you die. Plain and simple.
29 Jan 2015, 15:47 PM

It's not canister's fault. It's all about clumped infantry.
Once you have enough space between model, canister won't do anything - unless you are trying to get behind very small cover = clumped models = wipe.
29 Jan 2015, 15:50 PM

Greyhound is fine, you need to flank it.
29 Jan 2015, 16:26 PM

Duplicate thread. There already was one on the exact same topic.

And yes its OP. But the maingun is UP. Without canister the doctrine wouldnt be picked for competitive play.

The entire unit needs to be re-balanced. Good luck Relic on this without making canister useless and never used.
29 Jan 2015, 16:28 PM

Just like demo doesn't discourage blobs and it's good against single squads, Canister shot works on the same way.

PD: you missed the part on which while the canister deals 40damage, if you get hit, you die. Plain and simple.

I was talking about the main gun, which feels like a pea shooter. People get this unit for the canister shot. Either keep it like it is or buff the main gun while nerfing the canister.
29 Jan 2015, 17:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Either keep it like it is or buff the main gun while nerfing the canister.

It's not like this is the general opinion regarding this unit.

BTW, the 900+mp call in also needs tweaks, but that's another history.
29 Jan 2015, 18:46 PM
Benefactor 115

The only factor in balance is blob discouragement? OK, lets give the kubelwagen a 5 munitions Sturmtiger shot, 60 range, no cool down. That's fair, right? Because blob discouragement is all that matters.

And if you complain about it, your a blobber.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★