Login

russian armor

Some balance suggestions

26 Jan 2015, 19:23 PM

What if i told you that the DP upgrade has more DPS than the Gren upgrade :)

Thats cause there are two of them :nahnah:
26 Jan 2015, 19:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2015, 19:02 PMKatitof

It also takes away 2 normal rifles, doesn't snipe models half as good and costs more.
One would expect it to have at least something over LMG42.

Thx for the reminder. And you forgot it gives button to Guards... The point is that both LMG grens and DP guards are almost at equal DPS levels. Problem with Guards is the awful PTRS.
26 Jan 2015, 19:33 PM

Thx for the reminder. And you forgot it gives button to Guards... The point is that both LMG grens and DP guards are almost at equal DPS levels. Problem with Guards is the awful PTRS.

Exactly.
Guards would be such an useful infantry if they could holster PTRS.
26 Jan 2015, 19:59 PM

Ostheer:

Ost obviously needed a buff, so making T3 a bit better seems ike a good thing. Despite the lack of power of the faction itself, I always thought vetted LMG grens were too good, and with a nerf to shocks and snipers I think they should be brought back in line with other core infantry.

- nerf LMG42 dps.
- stug stubby requires T3 researched to be called in. Decrease AoE but increase health
- have the field howitzer fire more shells per barrage.
- buff panzergrens survivability.
- buff stug3 health.
- decrease sniper cost (to 300 or so).

I don't see the buff in here.
Decreasing sniper cost or giving the LeFH more shells will not make these basically irrelevant units any more viable, while decreasing LMG dps will hurt OH bad, as will a nerf to the StuG E.
Added Pgren survivability is certainly called for.
26 Jan 2015, 20:05 PM

- nerf mines. Have them work more like coh1 mines.
- remove 120mm mortar precision strike.

Nerf mines? Do you mean reduce AOE of mines, because seriously a change to COH1 mines would buff them? Suppression was granted for hitting a mine in COH1. Also problem with mines is not AOE but squad clumping. Right now who cares anyway mine decloak bug makes them nearly useless.

Why would you remove precision strike from 120mm mortar? And give it what: at vet 1 it gets vet 1?

There are a number of other issues that have been brought up but in general I see very few good ideas on this list, and of those I do see that I like they don't abide by Relic's rule of not removing bad ideas from the game. They must be addressed now within the framework of them existing, not by just removing them from the game.
27 Jan 2015, 13:43 PM

so you want to make company of heroes into company of nerf....mmmm we will see
27 Jan 2015, 15:20 PM

Nerf mines? Do you mean reduce AOE of mines, because seriously a change to COH1 mines would buff them? Suppression was granted for hitting a mine in COH1. Also problem with mines is not AOE but squad clumping. Right now who cares anyway mine decloak bug makes them nearly useless.
not by just removing them from the game.

I loved the suppression effect of mines in vCoH, very effective for flank protection. In CoH2 explosives caused "Infantry reactions" but the removed it a couple of patches ago. I would love to see either reaction or suppression again.
27 Jan 2015, 15:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2015, 15:20 PMRMMLz

I loved the suppression effect of mines in vCoH, very effective for flank protection. In CoH2 explosives caused "Infantry reactions" but the removed it a couple of patches ago. I would love to see either reaction or suppression again.

As would I. I would also like to see the bug where mines make no sounds removed, but hey its only been 2 years.
27 Jan 2015, 15:25 PM

Squad clumping is what makes shreks blast away 5+ models at a time when a squad is turning a corner.

Masses of infantry phasing through each other are probably at the root of so many perceived problems in this game.
27 Jan 2015, 17:25 PM

-IS2 also has stun chance. I fail to see why only 1 should be nerf.

Maybe because IS2 = 122mm and Tiger = 88mm ? :ph34r:
Just said maybe.

-Blitz could be tone down, the maximum speed modifer of 1.5 to 1.25 or even less. Smoke can always be negated by attack ground.

Blitz should be totally removed, especially on Tigers.

-You can't remove vet4&5

Why ? Vet4&5 are just crappy design choice and ruins this game.

-FlakHT is fine.

No

-Make trucks 100mp and reduce tech cost by 50mp. Now every truck represents a risk if someone use it for push/crush.

Yes

-Gren with LMG dps is fine.

:rofl::lolol:
28 Jan 2015, 09:08 AM

I have a suggestion.
I don't know if anyone talked about it here but the biggest advantage of OKW is the ability to build those imba buildings in the middle of the map. And I'm talking about the rally point.
Allies have to waste 2x time to bring troops back in action. Usually they get overpowered because of the bigger numbers of foes.

Medic car with rally point for US Forces are unreliable and highly vulnerable. Meaning that you can't really rely on it. And it's expensive to match and counter OKW rally point.

Thx!
28 Jan 2015, 09:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2015, 09:08 AMdaumucu
I have a suggestion.
I don't know if anyone talked about it here but the biggest advantage of OKW is the ability to build those imba buildings in the middle of the map. And I'm talking about the rally point.
Allies have to waste 2x time to get back troops in action. Usually they get overpowered because of the bigger numbers of foes.

Thx!

This is never gonna change, because it's a basic WFA mechanic. Although in my humble opinion in 1s and 2s, base rushing is a risk you take and there are some good counters for it which has been discussed before. In 3s and 4s, well that's another thing.
28 Jan 2015, 10:51 AM

Grenadiers with LMG's are the backbone of Ostheer, a faction currently struggling to stay relevant. And you want to nerf this unit?
28 Jan 2015, 16:56 PM

Grenadiers with LMG's are the backbone of Ostheer, a faction currently struggling to stay relevant. And you want to nerf this unit?

'Asymmetric balance' you see.
28 Jan 2015, 17:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2015, 09:38 AMRMMLz

This is never gonna change, because it's a basic WFA mechanic. Although in my humble opinion in 1s and 2s, base rushing is a risk you take and there are some good counters for it which has been discussed before. In 3s and 4s, well that's another thing.

Yes, but they could place a restriction like: build only in your 1/3rd part of the map with exception around gas maybe.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 31
Korea, Republic Of 2
Russian Federation 95
unknown 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %