Login

russian armor

Switchable AP/HE shells for the IS-2 and Tiger

25 Jan 2015, 21:52 PM

Id rather make the is2 slightly more accurate at the cost of reduced armor, as its absolutely ridiculous right now.

Make it very accurate and give the 240 damage back in exchange for slower reload. I liked it better when it wasn't a copy of the Tiger with some tweaks.
25 Jan 2015, 23:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Make it very accurate and give the 240 damage back in exchange for slower reload. I liked it better when it wasn't a copy of the Tiger with some tweaks.

Later: OMG RNG! It either pens and deals huge damage or nothing happens! My IS2 waste a shot on infantry and i'm here waiting 9s for it to reload!

Not saying that having assymetrical things is bad, but after the changes we had the most "balance" situation between Tiger and IS2.
25 Jan 2015, 23:46 PM

Later: OMG RNG! It either pens and deals huge damage or nothing happens! My IS2 waste a shot on infantry and i'm here waiting 9s for it to reload!

Except unlike the Jackson, the IS-2 isn't the be-all end-all of Soviet AT that the entire faction completely relies on. The IS-2 is a breakthrough tank, not a Tank Destroyer.

Plus, it has better penetration than the Jackson and Prioritise Vehicles.
26 Jan 2015, 00:31 AM

I'm not in favor of an HE/AP toggle for the IS-2. Personally I liked the high damage + slow reload that it had originally, though yeah, the RNG probably made too many people frustrated with it.

I do agree with the HE/AP for the ISU though. Given its range it was too mindless just to let it shoot and kill everything without requiring any real attention from the user.

The HE/AP toggle for the sherman makes sense because the toggle allows it to be empowered for its cost through this choice, a scrappy tank that can excel vs inf and support vs armor. The IS-2 is one of the big boys, though. It shouldn't have to worry about that. Just smash everything close and dont expose the rear.

By the way, anybody use the Jagdtiger after the changes? How does it play?
26 Jan 2015, 01:25 AM

I'm not in favor of an HE/AP toggle for the IS-2. Personally I liked the high damage + slow reload that it had originally, though yeah, the RNG probably made too many people frustrated with it.

I do agree with the HE/AP for the ISU though. Given its range it was too mindless just to let it shoot and kill everything without requiring any real attention from the user.

The HE/AP toggle for the sherman makes sense because the toggle allows it to be empowered for its cost through this choice, a scrappy tank that can excel vs inf and support vs armor. The IS-2 is one of the big boys, though. It shouldn't have to worry about that. Just smash everything close and dont expose the rear.

By the way, anybody use the Jagdtiger after the changes? How does it play?

The JT get crew shock every time it got hit, I think this feature should be removed, hardly seen a useful JT even in large team game, consider how many ppl cry about nerfing OKW, not sure relic will remove this "crew-shock-after-been-hit" feature anytime soon.
26 Jan 2015, 06:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2015, 01:25 AMUGBEAR

The JT get crew shock every time it got hit, I think this feature should be removed, hardly seen a useful JT even in large team game, consider how many ppl cry about nerfing OKW, not sure relic will remove this "crew-shock-after-been-hit" feature anytime soon.

I find that if your oppenent gets that close your JT wouldn't be doing much anyway, slow pathing and whatnot. It seems like they've designed it to be able to withstand a bit of punishment but still require support to fend off attackers. It has enough armor to withstand some frontal hits but impacts stun to make extra sure (if the slow speed wasn't enough) that it cant reverse and fire like the SU85 does in some fights. Makes sense to me, but yeah it's so pricey that it's not ideal for most games, which I don't really mind tbh.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★