Option Distribution Votes
33%
1%
48%
17%
Total votes: 75
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
16 Jan 2015, 22:40 PM

hey! i think the game would be better if OKW and USF got snipers! one man squad, pretty straightforward, 1 shot 1 kill, cloaks in cover, can hold fire.

also, if USF and WEHR got mines like soviet and OKW's mines, 30 munitons, blows up sort of like a grenade when any enemy unit touches it, should never wipe a full strength squad. always causes engine damage on tanks.

none of those useless 5 muni anti-tank USF min, or anti-personell minefields with "HEY LOOK I'M A MINEFIELD BUY A MINESWEEPER PLEASE' signs...

any interesting design ideas for the OKW and US snipers? something that reflects the faction?
please brainstorm them here!

VOTE IN THE POLL UP THERE, THANKS FOR READING!
16 Jan 2015, 22:50 PM

I've had some luck with the German mines, the trick is to put them where people might not see the signs. Or round a corner, their job is more to deny that area rather then as a suckerpuch like demo charges. 5 muni mines are garbage though, the russian at ones are meh.
17 Jan 2015, 00:49 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

5 munis mines don't break ice :(
17 Jan 2015, 01:53 AM

US didn't use really use Snipers in World War 2. Our version of the Sniper was picking our more precise shooters and giving them a scoped Springfield, otherwise they were the same as any other infantryman. In other words, USF Jaeger Light Infantry squads.
17 Jan 2015, 03:14 AM

I honestly hate snipers and I'm happy relic implemented them in a very good way with Pathfinders and jäger light infantry in the new factions.

Secondly I have to disagree with concerning mines. S mine fields are a good area denying tool and reliably wipe squads if placed correctly.
Honestly I'm against copy paste abilities to every faction. Found it stupid of relic to give okw exactly the same mine Soviets have instead of trying out something new like eg undetectable glass mines.

17 Jan 2015, 03:23 AM

I honestly hate snipers and I'm happy relic implemented them in a very good way with Pathfinders and jäger light infantry in the new factions.

Secondly I have to disagree with concerning mines. S mine fields are a good area denying tool and reliably wipe squads if placed correctly.
Honestly I'm against copy paste abilities to every faction. Found it stupid of relic to give okw exactly the same mine Soviets have instead of trying out something new like eg undetectable glass mines.

you're the biggest OKW fanboy on the forums, congrats, do you know why factions need snipers? and not faux-psedo-bullshit

because it gets to a point in the game

where the vet 5 obers, and the vet 3 PG's can't be killed by anything except a sniper. the bulletproof resistances they get coupled with cover makes it very unlikely for them to be damaged by small arms fire at all. pathfinders will be killed by obers with their advanced-nazi magic laser-targeting system.

but that's okay, you wouldn't realise the inpact that snipers have in the game because 'you honestly hate snipers'

when was the last time you saw a pathfinder squad proc a quick kill? i personally have never seen their mechanic work, they get kills because they shoot at squads until they die... just like 98% of all infantry in the game, barring the ostheer sniper and the sov sniper....

"undetectable glass mines" god dammit, that doesn't sound unfair at all...
17 Jan 2015, 04:27 AM

Permanently Banned
mines sure. snipers no

i hate snipers
17 Jan 2015, 05:55 AM

why do you guys hate snipers?

you can't just say you hate them without giving a reason...

can't you micro? :snfBarton:
17 Jan 2015, 05:59 AM
Patrion 28

the soviet sniper is boring as fuck to use and frustrating as fuck to play against. OKH sniper is fun but frustrating to use and i'm not really sure what it's like to play against because they're not seen much and don't tend to cause problems.
17 Jan 2015, 06:14 AM

i get a sniper every time i play USF or WEHR.... do you guys just spam infantry and hope you'll win earlygame RNG? :snfBarton:
17 Jan 2015, 09:09 AM
Patrion 14

i get a sniper every time i play USF or WEHR.... do you guys just spam infantry and hope you'll win earlygame RNG? :snfBarton:

or just use cover, building, 2 on 1 etc etc.

i just hate sniper. like just hate the mechanic of it. i don't think i used them more than 10 times in total. i love pathfinders although they aren't the same.
17 Jan 2015, 09:11 AM

oh god i'm surrounded by noobs

ya'll need to play some COH1, get yourself educated
17 Jan 2015, 09:15 AM
Patrion 14

lol. should've seen it coming.
17 Jan 2015, 09:20 AM
Patrion 28

education does not necessarily lead to enjoyment.
17 Jan 2015, 10:26 AM

Dude sniper meta in CoH1 sucked ass
17 Jan 2015, 13:04 PM

but that's okay, you wouldn't realise the inpact that snipers have in the game because 'you honestly hate snipers'

when was the last time you saw a pathfinder squad proc a quick kill? i personally have never seen their mechanic work, they get kills because they shoot at squads until they die... just like 98% of all infantry in the game, barring the ostheer sniper and the sov sniper....

"undetectable glass mines" god dammit, that doesn't sound unfair at all...

Have you ever used BARs on pathfinders? You would be surprised how effective they are. Snipers just shit over all the coh2 mechanics which focus on cover and units positioning. Sniper battles in COH1 were boring as fuck and pretty stupid because sometimes: lose your sniper = gg.

How narrowminded you have to be in order to call something op that is not even in game. I guess soviet flares are op and unfair as well?

It's really childish to call people noobs just because they disagree with you.
17 Jan 2015, 13:35 PM

Permanently Banned
oh god i'm surrounded by noobs

ya'll need to play some COH1, get yourself educated

yes, we're all noobs because we don't agree with your idea that a fun meta involves a fucktarded sniperfest (like CoH1 matches frequently were) that basically invalidates the concept of weapons teams.

gg wp
17 Jan 2015, 13:56 PM

Boring OP. Bad idea. Flaming those who disagree with you is such a tired, unoriginal thing to do.

Basically what I got from this was - "You know what would be a great idea? Adding even more balance issues by giving every faction their own snipers and mines.". Please, no.
17 Jan 2015, 14:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I think the existing snipers already have huge issues anyway. The ostheer sniper is outright terrible and the soviet sniper is best countered by LMG spam. For some reason it's also two men and can sprint so I have plenty of things about it that I dislike. You could honestly remove both of those units from the game entirely and I'd barely notice the difference.

Of course it would be preferable to balance them properly, that would be a good start.
17 Jan 2015, 20:12 PM

well, i didn't realise snipers had such a negative stigma....
i mean, it's what seperated the excellent players from the mediocre players, and it's the one thing in coh1 i didn't find bullshit. and i could sit back with my MP drained and say 'damn, my opponent is good'

it's a unit that rewards players who are smart, rewards players who are careful, rewards players who are playing from behind after a early-game stomp in your opponents favour... it's a glass cannon, super deadly, but also the easiest to kill unit in the game.

also:
i didn't mean to see like i was flaming ya'll, it was pretty lighthearted, i keep forgetting that you guys don't take the piss out of eachother, and i guess i'm sorry if i sounded like a dickhead
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Australia 30
Russian Federation 13
Peru 6
unknown 6
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L