Login

russian armor

Improve ranking system, Relic

14 Jan 2015, 09:35 AM

You're totally right, if COH2 + DLCs sold well, there is a possibility of a coh3.
But as a developper, I wouldn't be very motivated to create a new game (or even fix coh2) when I read coh2 forums or coh2 livestream chats.
14 Jan 2015, 09:37 AM

Permanently Banned
This hundred levels of stars where everybody gets XP for everything they do was a bad idea from the start. If you don't have to earn it, how could it matter? Now we have 300 levels of badges and prestige that don't matter at all. Very poor design.

• Create a rank system that matters and reflects skill and ELO.
  • Show players their own ELO.

+ and it was be cool to see how many players of my level search the game.
14 Jan 2015, 13:17 PM

The goofy thing about the 300 *ahem* 400 *ahem* whatever levels is that they still max out at an arbitrary number. If you're gonna count xp for everything everyone does (so basically it's a meter of time spent in-game doing something), why stop counting at some made up number? It just boggles the mind how ridiculous that system is. But really they can just leave it because nobody cares about it anyway.

What they need to do is introduce a system that relates to skill in automatch. Guess what, they already have one, it's called ELO. So show everybody their own ELO (at least), and show enemy ELO and all players ELO changes in the endgame stats screen. That's such an easy change from a programming/design perspective and it would make such a huge difference to people who actually play this game to compete.

+10000
14 Jan 2015, 19:01 PM

Exactly ^^ . This is like the weirdest design decision to be stuck on.
14 Jan 2015, 19:11 PM

You're totally right, if COH2 + DLCs sold well, there is a possibility of a coh3.
But as a developper, I wouldn't be very motivated to create a new game (or even fix coh2) when I read coh2 forums or coh2 livestream chats.

That is why developers pretty much never read forums, unless they are some indie studio.

That is what community managers are for.

Think of community managers as strainers on which all the shit stops, so that one valid feedback post can get through.

PQ doesn't count, he is a troll who writes one thing, only to do completely opposite.
Remember the comment about blitz attaching rocket engines magically?
OKW blitz on KT.
14 Jan 2015, 19:49 PM

Comments like this are counter-productive. We're trying to give constructive feedback so that Relic can improve COH2. If I was a developer and I read a comment like yours, I simply wouldn't want to come back to the thread, which wouldn't do anybody any good.

ON TOPIC

There are some great Ideas here. I would be happy to see new rankings introduced to give us a reason to be doing different things. From experience with ELO systems these reward players much better for their achievements rather than simply just their time spent.
+1 to basically everything here.

OFF TOPIC

Before I begin PLEASE people understand I mean no offense to anyone.

I find some people are just impatient, I understand things have been bad for a while now, in no way do I condone the lack of response coming from relic on these matters. I'm fully aware of how this game has risen and fallen like the Third Reich.

But it is just a game, there are many, many other games out there. Sometimes a break is all a player needs to want to return to their beloved games. A change of pace, return refreshed and feeling better about things, sure if there's been no patches it can be a turn off but at least you'll be feeling better about things. I love CoH but sometimes I've just got to go play other games, for instance Men of War Assault Squad 2 is great for a change of pace.

In saying all this, I too wish they would hurry up and fix some things, but its clear how we all feel, I find it's even more counter-productive to see so many threads here repeating things that have already been said before.

I agree with you Mirage. I cut back my COH2 time because it became frustrating and i needed a break. I don't play many games anymore and COH2 is one of the few games nowadays that im invested in. I keep playing because i enjoy the work Relic has done in the past and with the hope that the game can improve.

ANd AMi, i understand where you are coming fron. hate to devil's advocate, but when some relic devs browse the forums, it's the same as if they were never here at all. There are many reasonable and clear suggestion here, and none of that have been taken seriously, or at all.

Let's look at some cool things some community members have though up:

Trello Bug Tracker
THis was a nice place to organize all those bugs. However the only answer we got form Relic was "Oh thank you for this!" (i am paraphasing). No indication if any of those bugs were corrected, no indication if this is being used internally, nothing.

Kappatch

I understand this is just a user mod, but it was created by a top-level player who has been in tournaments. I will paraphrase Relic's response: "Thanks! But we are not making a new game"
I mean at least try to get some inspiration from the changes or to use it in internal development or something!

Now i understand if some of the people here are in the private test server or have personal contact with Relic employees. You guys may know something that i do not. But, the majority of users here are not in the private testing group and do not have a relationship with Relic employees. Most of us are left in the dark on changes, what is happening, etc. Patience is really running dry for me, and i bet, for many others.

thanks

14 Jan 2015, 20:57 PM
Patrion 14

After reading all the ideas I had a little bit of new hope for the game.
I hope Relic has some new resolutions for this year :)
14 Jan 2015, 22:05 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2015, 20:57 PMStafkeh
After reading all the ideas I had a little bit of new hope for the game.
I hope Relic has some new resolutions for this year :)

Having a player who is top 20 in all factions make a mod that addressees almost every issue players have voiced in Kappatch is not in line with Relics design philosophy of abundant imbalance and bugs.
15 Jan 2015, 03:58 AM
Patrion 28

does saying that make you feel better about dow2 ret?
16 Jan 2015, 18:24 PM

Seriously, the ranking system is really, really good imo. Chance to win is reprensented really well.

Side note: The decay of estimated win chance with time seems to be linear but would represent reality better with using exponential decay..
9 Feb 2015, 21:41 PM

The goofy thing about the 300 *ahem* 400 *ahem* whatever levels is that they still max out at an arbitrary number. If you're gonna count xp for everything everyone does (so basically it's a meter of time spent in-game doing something), why stop counting at some made up number? It just boggles the mind how ridiculous that system is. But really they can just leave it because nobody cares about it anyway.

What they need to do is introduce a system that relates to skill in automatch. Guess what, they already have one, it's called ELO. So show everybody their own ELO (at least), and show enemy ELO and all players ELO changes in the endgame stats screen. That's such an easy change from a programming/design perspective and it would make such a huge difference to people who actually play this game to compete.

I was curious about the ingame ranking/Prestige stuff. So it's basically time spend behind the keyboard? That explains when I play with a Prestige 2 and he's horrible, must be a pure comp-stomper.

But on that note, if it's pure keyboard time, why not match equivalent "time" with equivalent "time"??? Just as in CoH1, the automatching "persons of equivalent skills" is just rubbish. You get a noob vs high ranks, or in CoH2, no Prestige stars vs 3 Prestige stars. Ugh.
9 Feb 2015, 21:51 PM

I was curious about the ingame ranking/Prestige stuff. So it's basically time spend behind the keyboard? That explains when I play with a Prestige 2 and he's horrible, must be a pure comp-stomper.

But on that note, if it's pure keyboard time, why not match equivalent "time" with equivalent "time"??? Just as in CoH1, the automatching "persons of equivalent skills" is just rubbish. You get a noob vs high ranks, or in CoH2, no Prestige stars vs 3 Prestige stars. Ugh.

Prestige is just superficial. You shouldn't bother with it so much.
9 Feb 2015, 21:56 PM
Benefactor 115

prestige basically equates to this dude has been playing the game for this amount of time, all game modes count btw. It doesn't give any indication of the player's ability however everyone has an Elo rating, a rating which is hidden from everyone except Relic themselves. I think it's dumb, it should at least be viewable by the player them self.
9 Feb 2015, 21:57 PM

Seeing your own elo would be a nice addition.

Seeing your enemies and allies elo would be detrimental to the game. It would cause players to leave games they view as unfair and allow users to fix custom lobby games against weaker opponents like back in vCOH.
9 Feb 2015, 23:02 PM

Well as all you remember we (who plays competitive multiplayer) are less than 10% of Relic auditory.
Thus the system that we see ingame now reflects this approach of their target auditory. More time you spent in the game the higher level you got.
About automatch - may be their system is not bad for SC2 ot League of Legends, but in CoH2 lacks of that amount of people like in SC2 or League of Legends and other. So not bad for those games. They don't want to change the system because we (competitive) players the smallest part of their business.

Everything is logical.

9 Feb 2015, 23:56 PM

Well as all you remember we (who plays competitive multiplayer) are less than 10% of Relic auditory.
Thus the system that we see ingame now reflects this approach of their target auditory. More time you spent in the game the higher level you got.
About automatch - may be their system is not bad for SC2 ot League of Legends, but in CoH2 lacks of that amount of people like in SC2 or League of Legends and other. So not bad for those games. They don't want to change the system because we (competitive) players the smallest part of their business.

Everything is logical.

Yeah, but there is no harm in letting players know their own elo. Other then players shoving it in everyone else's faces on forums to validate their terrible opinions.:D
10 Feb 2015, 01:01 AM

Yea I think displaying enemies ELO (Skill level) will cause huge amount of drops, there has to be a better way.
10 Feb 2015, 08:31 AM

Yea I think displaying enemies ELO (Skill level) will cause huge amount of drops, there has to be a better way.

Why not implement a system similar to the one in CS:GO competitive mode, where you can see the rank of your opponents displayed immediately after the game... it would prevent drops but allow you to know your opponents rank/ELO after the match without unnecessarily having to search for it.

I think a system were you would have both a "level- up over time" and a displayed ELO/rank would be the best solution. It rewards those who need or like the constant "success" of leveling, but on the other hand it also satisfies those who want to see their 'true' skill level and want the competitiveness of up- and downranking.

Dota2 is one example of a game that has such a system, with both levels and a separate matchmaking rank. Would be really cool if Relic would implement something similar!
10 Feb 2015, 08:51 AM

I would love see division system
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 51
unknown 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %