Login

russian armor

Improve ranking system, Relic

10 Feb 2015, 13:17 PM
Patrion 14

Yea I think displaying enemies ELO (Skill level) will cause huge amount of drops, there has to be a better way.
It is incredibly easy to make a system that punishes early droppers, by the way.

When someone drops early into an automatch game, they are penalized - their ELO is considered to be much higher for purposes of finding an opponent (and allies in team games). This penalty wears off after 24 hours or after the dropper completes one automatch with either victory or defeat.
10 Feb 2015, 15:57 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I consider this thread to be worth posting to. The CoH2 ranking system is so simple and boring that it doesn't motivate me to play for ranks. CoH had visual badges for your lvl and showed them at the loading screen, which i found to motivate me to play and get better.

I don't agree with the argument that it would then make people drop out of games, I don't remember there being so many early drops in vCoH, which makes me disagrees.
10 Feb 2015, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 08:51 AMVIPUKS
I would love see division system

Given the playerbase size, its as likely as having modern armies in coh2.

No ranking or matchmaking system will ever work if there aren't enough players in it.
10 Feb 2015, 16:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 15:59 PMKatitof

Given the playerbase size, its as likely as having modern armies in coh2.

No ranking or matchmaking system will ever work if there aren't enough players in it.

Well ... If it couldn't find same division player it could look for similar divisions.

10 Feb 2015, 16:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2015, 16:02 PMVIPUKS

Well ... If it couldn't find same division player it could look for similar divisions.

So it would do absolutely nothing that current ELO matchmaking does except maybe increased the wait time for imbalanced matchup.

At the end, it always boils down to how many players play the game in multiplayer in chosen bracket.

Even the best, most efficient engine in the world will be perceived as bad and useless if you don't have the fuel to make it run. Same with matchmaking, only increasing player base will help, nothing else and that can be done by improving game balance to a competitive level, which means regular balance patches and advertising the game so there will be stream of new players.

And relic is extremely unwilling to do any of this at the moment and while there was a period where balance patches were frequent and really improved the game, that seems to be gone now as well, one would say because balance is getting better, but clearly OKW existence and extremely stiff meta prove otherwise.
10 Feb 2015, 16:30 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

I invised your post Alexzandvar... Keep it classy mate
10 Feb 2015, 16:45 PM
Donator 11

Ladder reset would be ver welcoming seeing as how the game has come pretty far. Also I would like an in game ranking system but not being visible in the load screen or people might alt+f4 if the person is super highly ranked.
10 Feb 2015, 16:45 PM

Small player base, bad ranking system. IMO whatever they do, even the besetest colestest mathematically corectestest algorithm they choose and implement, as long as there are not enough players, it's not gonna work, maybe some small improvements but a big change will not happen I think.
10 Feb 2015, 18:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

1v1 and top500 should show rankings. For the rest, i think it would just encourage people to drop early.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★