Login

russian armor

There are interesting players in Coh2

14 Dec 2014, 12:34 PM

Permanently Banned

Just to let you know, the reason he has gotten better about it now is because how obvious his axis opinions were before and has finally come to some sense. its taken a lot of MVDane to get him to be less bias

Oh I didn't know that, have been watching his casts for a few months now. Still fun though!
14 Dec 2014, 12:37 PM

Permanently Banned

I can't say I have ever had a problem in understanding his English even when he speaks quickly.

This

His English is very good in my opinion, I mean his vocabulary is very rich for a European person who's first language isn't English. Can't bare to mind those who criticize that. At least appreciate it when someone speaks your native language when it isn't his or hers.

At first I thought he was British haha xd
14 Dec 2014, 12:44 PM

I can't say I have ever had a problem in understanding his English even when he speaks quickly.
+1

His English is quite clear IMO. You should try listen how my friends try to speak English. The worst ever lol.
14 Dec 2014, 12:52 PM

Could someone bring some examples of him being axis biased? It´s ridiculous how the mob comes here and claims bias once you don´t agree with their opinions. The most fun thing is that most people who claim bias have the Russian national animal/ bear as their profile picture. But flaming for Allied buffs is trendy these days.
14 Dec 2014, 13:03 PM

Could someone bring some examples of him being axis biased? It´s ridiculous how the mob comes here and claims bias once you don´t agree with their opinions. The most fun thing is that most people who claim bias have the Russian national animal/ bear as their profile picture. But flaming for Allied buffs is trendy these days.

"Molotovs and conscripts are OP."

Never builds medics, complains about flame crits.

Firmly believes SU-85 is stronger then JP4.

Believed ele and TA were underpowered in their most godly state.

Just 3 examples right out of my head.
14 Dec 2014, 13:05 PM

At least appreciate it when someone speaks your native language when it isn't his or hers.

Why? Casters are entertainers. If there's an issue with what they produce, I see no issue with pointing out. I'm not going to watch someone's videos because they should get extra points for trying really hard.

@Katitof

Don't forget his state of the balance video from last month, where he didn't mention Soviets at all, went on about the German factions through 80% of the video, and declared USF to be the strongest faction in the game. I laughed my ass off.
14 Dec 2014, 21:07 PM

After watching countless videos of his, I don't see how one could claim there is no axis bias.

It was not intended to be a criticism, I acknowledge it and very much enjoy his work anyways.
14 Dec 2014, 21:35 PM

One thing that comes to mind is him calling himself "Hero of the Reich, Defender of the Fatherland"

But i like how his speedy talking, knowledge and axis bias makes him sound like an actual propaganda cast. I always thought that was the whole idea...
15 Dec 2014, 06:15 AM
Patrion 14

Who cares if he's biased? He's an entertaining caster, not a public service news network FFS.
15 Dec 2014, 06:37 AM

Luvnest.

He interacts with his viewers, speaks very clear English and most of all: plays really well. :banana:
15 Dec 2014, 06:49 AM

I like Dane, and it does not matter if he likes more Axis. Everyone likes better a faction and that's a rule, no matter any one says.
15 Dec 2014, 09:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2014, 00:17 AMboc120
It is a crime that it took until the fifth post for Stephenn to be mentioned. He's the best. I like Dane's casts of other players, but when he's playing live he yells at other players for blobbing or doing something he doesn't like, but when he does it, it is fine. Double-standards.

+1 to that.

Dane is fun to watch but he always moves the camera away from the action in his casts (explosions and units/tanks getting finished off, no you are not allowed to see it). This is very bad for a caster, i spoke with him about that but he seems not to care. -1 for that. And when he plays he never builds a med bunker or medics. -100 for that too! So not that interesting imo, rather noobish i would say.

And about the interesting players, StephennJF is by far the most interesting one, hands down.His strats (not ordinary like from all the other top players),how he plays, how he explains everything, how he behaves in general. +100

Lenny is meh...

Luvnest is very interesting, also good strats and build orders.
15 Dec 2014, 10:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2014, 13:05 PMCadoc

Why? Casters are entertainers. If there's an issue with what they produce, I see no issue with pointing out. I'm not going to watch someone's videos because they should get extra points for trying really hard.

@Katitof

Don't forget his state of the balance video from last month, where he didn't mention Soviets at all, went on about the German factions through 80% of the video, and declared USF to be the strongest faction in the game. I laughed my ass off.

funny thing is: you seem to be the only one being aware of the "issue with what [he] produces"
maybe your hearing is impaired somehow.

ive watched 100s of danes casts and never had any issue with understanding him, despite the fact that english isnt my native language either

back to topic: Stephen, yes! Hes mild-tempered, modest and funny and often plays strats outside of the stale "hurdur-i-play-for-ze-win"-meta

Northwestfresh is basically the same, but less mild-tempered :D

Other ppl that i enjoy watching (play coh2):
Sib (when hes happy)
Luv (especially when hes drunk)
VonIvan (i miss the good ol' t70-rush-days)
15 Dec 2014, 13:43 PM

funny thing is: you seem to be the only one being aware of the "issue with what [he] produces"
maybe your hearing is impaired somehow.

Sorry for holding a different opinion to you, I suppose. I'm here if you need moral support to deal with this difficult new situation. The issue isn't able to understand him, it's simply listening to him being unpleasant. It's fine if you like it, I just don't.
15 Dec 2014, 15:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2014, 13:43 PMCadoc

Sorry for holding a different opinion to you, I suppose. I'm here if you need moral support to deal with this difficult new situation. The issue isn't able to understand him, it's simply listening to him being unpleasant. It's fine if you like it, I just don't.

wait.. its me having difficulties with different opinions? youre funny, indeed. your whole post is a reaction to me disagreeing with you, yet im the culprit in this? haha. go home
15 Dec 2014, 20:49 PM

I watch Dane's casts every day and here are some of my favorite players to watch:

Stephenn
RedxWings
Barton
Miragefla
Cruzz
GenObi
Dietrich
Luvnest
Angreifen
Fortune
Jesulin
Lemon

And most likely others I'm missing. Probably RedxWings and Stephenn are the most entertaining to watch.
15 Dec 2014, 21:31 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

As a gentle aside, guys..:) please do not get too hung up on your favourite poster and start adverse flaming....these casters all hang themselves out to be judged...Twitch/youtube votes are an obvious leveller.

Creativity is to be praised...neg comments from Couch Potatos may have to be heeded...but these peeps are not casting. ------> Be gentle with your casters, prs? :)

Back to topic

18 Dec 2014, 08:25 AM

I have to disagree about Lenny, all the games I watched were conspam into call-ins. If you want to see high quality cominded arms play and have the streamer explain stuff and answer questions, noone compares to StephennJF from qhat I've seen so far.
18 Dec 2014, 08:53 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2014, 01:37 AMCadoc
However, his delivery is mediocre, and that's putting it nicely. You can either have issues with clear pronunciation or speak at a breakneck pace. Combining the two just doesn't work for me.

I feel the same way
18 Dec 2014, 09:23 AM
Benefactor 3110

Imperial Dane is Imperial Dane. He is a cornerstone of this community. Even if Qduffy would not have called him "a legend", you just can not argue with his persistency At a point where many casters have left us, he is a league of his own.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★