Login

russian armor

Fixes for the game's worst abilities.

10 Dec 2014, 00:01 AM

Trenches: what's wrong with them? They are free so...

They're countered by pretty much everything. Any tank kills them in seconds, and grenade kills everyone inside. They suck because troops are worse off inside them than if you just sat them in the open.

Dodge: yeah, a bit underwhelming. 15fuel could work.
M5: it just needs to arrive at 2CP

The Dodge and M5 are in the same class, how can the Dodge be underwhelming and the M5 be worth 2CP? :S
10 Dec 2014, 01:25 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

They're countered by pretty much everything. Any tank kills them in seconds, and grenade kills everyone inside. They suck because troops are worse off inside them than if you just sat them in the open.

The Dodge and M5 are in the same class, how can the Dodge be underwhelming and the M5 be worth 2CP? :S

1- They already give you bonus justs like garrison. Dunno how much is it. You can also use them to spawn OKW units from them.
I don't know what people expect of a freaking trench. I'll say it's a bit worst for OKW since they already have sandbags (much better specially to block roads).

2-My bad. M3 HT.
10 Dec 2014, 03:41 AM

I agree with pretty much all of this, good job OP! Hope Relic can check it out.
10 Dec 2014, 04:11 AM

Most of the abilities made passive are overkill.

Vehicle detection: make it 3CP passive for cons.

Fear propaganda: it's on a fine state

Rapid conscriptions: your suggestions are just over. The ability needs some tweaks but not what you suggest.
Relief Infantry: similar

Trenches: what's wrong with them? They are free so...

Con repair: fine

M5: it just needs to arrive at 2CP

Railway: 160 at minimum if you want a copy paste of a Stuka dive bomb. I'll just say that maybe add a shell and increase a bit more the spread after the first shell.

Riegel: remember that it's 100% to inmobilize. Just like the M20 mine.

Command Panzer: buff units and it's a good at AI. It's fine.

Ambush camo: passive it's too strong.

You don't go full YOLO when you suggest balance changes.

Full YOLO? OK, fear prop is decent. I changed that in my list. But do you see ANYONE using these abilities online? I made them good so they can compete with the select few commanders that the player is forced to use. I also based my changes depending on the commanders that receive the ability. Rapid conscription is only used by NKVD rifle disruption tactics, Soviet Reserve Army, and Conscript support tactics. Those commanders are notorious for being weak. Since they don't have a Shock Troop/Guard call-in or a heavy tank call-in, don't you think they deserve a strong ability? Not to mention, having rapid conscription be passive was just one of the few different fixes I suggested for that ability. When's the last time you saw someone hit a riegel? I plant them just to use the ability for a change but, I personally, have never hit one despite the Jaeger Armor Doctrine being a pretty common commander. 40 munitions may have been too steep of a price drop but having to lug around a vulnerable, cumbersome halftrack to lay them is probably the reason you don't see them being used. For conscript repair, we have to remember that one out of your 5 abilities is being used JUST so conscripts can repair. If other factions get build kits that are contained in one command-point ability, why not conscript repair? I've spent MUCH time thinking about this list, so I didn't just "yolo" it. I've been playing since the beta and a lot of these abilities have been under performing since the beta. Before you criticize my proposed fixes, stop and ask yourself "when was the last time I even saw this ability being used?".
10 Dec 2014, 05:35 AM

Isn't he talking about soviet ability? And i dont think two p4s are useless. It gives okw, a faction that lacks all rounded medium tanks, medium tanks

oh i see
10 Dec 2014, 06:27 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2014, 04:11 AMSparks

I've also being playing since beta and i've made threads regardings the same things. But it seems you don't realize how balance should work. You don't flip over how an ability works just because it's underpower because you then'll have to make nerf it again (Katyushka patch).

If you make an ability that cost munition passive, that's a massive buff. You don't make unuseful commanders attractive by giving them OP things. I'll start again and giving further explanation.

Vehicle detection: make it 3CP passive for cons USF army has forward observers ability on it's rifles on the Recon support company. So that's why i think it wouldn't be bad as a passive ability for cons.

Trenches: what's wrong with them? They are free so... I'm not 100% but they have better bonuses that buildings. It's multidirectional green cover which is not affected by distance.

Advance Warfare tactics. Con spam into T34-76 into 85s. You have plenty of repair guys. All of what you suggest fit more on the defensive commanders. Similar to the point before.
So you don't improve this ability rather than the community defensive commanders.

They are only effective against Soviets, because USF can always 1s crit repair it. AND the teller is more accesible and deals more damage.
Who the hell uses Storm and Jaeger Armor is more meant to counter ISU152, so you won't see an ISU152 charging into your Tellers/Riegels. If you just gave it to Pio, it would simply replace the Teller. At most you could give it to the Scoutcar.

Rapid conscriptions: your suggestions are just over. The ability needs some tweaks but not what you suggest.

Your other options were:
-reduce muni cost to 45 and 30 muni. Lol. Be realistic.
-Instantly give squads (mp) for 120/90muni with the possibility of extra squads. 480mp+240*X or 400mp+200*Y If that would be the case, the cost of the abilities would rise.

Thing is, it's just stupid that we have commanders which are practically the same but theres one which is clearly supperior. The overlapping of abilities is insane.

NKVD: needs the commisar, You could receive Penals instead of Cons.
Reserve: needs useful Irregulars. Irregulars should count towards units lost and maybe replace with Irregulars.
Con support: MAYBE this would be the only one that should be passive but with a higher count, at a higher CP level AND crappy cons like in the campaign. No abilities, just merge, molotov, hoorah. Meatshield for the lines.

Relief: make it so Osstruppen counts towards unit lost. You might reduce the cost but not as much as what you said. OR make it secure value. Once you pay for the ability, you'll receive 2 squads of Osstruppen after the death quota has been achieved. The death quota should be just 1 more squad than now, since it's secured value.
German Infantry: replace bombing strike/light arty with G43/Fuel to munition.
10 Dec 2014, 08:12 AM
Patrion 28

trenches suck because they take up a huge amount of space which fucks up pathing even worse than it is and makes them hard to place. they also die really easily and can kill the units inside. they're not worth the hassle right now, even though they have huge potential with MGs/front line mortars/raks.

con repair is also fine. con blob into t3 for the halftrack with callin 34/85s. HUGE field presence.

reigel is good but hard to use because it's expensive, small coverage, commander dependent, and requires the half track.
10 Dec 2014, 10:23 AM

Will someone dig this guy a trench already? He loves the things
10 Dec 2014, 12:02 PM

M3: it just needs to arrive at 2CP

The WC51 has 180 health, the M3 has 200 health.

The WC51 has armour of 5.2 / 4, The M3 has armour of 5.4 / 4.2.

The WC51 can't reinforce and carries 1 squad. The M3 can reinforce and can take 2 squads with it when it explodes.

The WC51 is a bit underwhelming for 20 fuel, The M3 is laughable for 35 fuel.
10 Dec 2014, 17:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The M3 is not a fighting vehicle, it's just a HT that if you are brave enought you can use it as a big clowncar. Fuelwise it could go down by 5 to make it equal to OH HT.

Thing is, the doctrine is supposed to work with the withdraw ability. Nice on theory, but it really doesn't work at all.

10 Dec 2014, 18:43 PM

I've also being playing since beta and i've made threads regardings the same things. But it seems you don't realize how balance should work. You don't flip over how an ability works just because it's underpower because you then'll have to make nerf it again (Katyushka patch).

If you make an ability that cost munition passive, that's a massive buff. You don't make unuseful commanders attractive by giving them OP things. I'll start again and giving further explanation.

Vehicle detection: make it 3CP passive for cons USF army has forward observers ability on it's rifles on the Recon support company. So that's why i think it wouldn't be bad as a passive ability for cons.

Trenches: what's wrong with them? They are free so... I'm not 100% but they have better bonuses that buildings. It's multidirectional green cover which is not affected by distance.

Advance Warfare tactics. Con spam into T34-76 into 85s. You have plenty of repair guys. All of what you suggest fit more on the defensive commanders. Similar to the point before.
So you don't improve this ability rather than the community defensive commanders.

They are only effective against Soviets, because USF can always 1s crit repair it. AND the teller is more accesible and deals more damage.
Who the hell uses Storm and Jaeger Armor is more meant to counter ISU152, so you won't see an ISU152 charging into your Tellers/Riegels. If you just gave it to Pio, it would simply replace the Teller. At most you could give it to the Scoutcar.

Your other options were:
-reduce muni cost to 45 and 30 muni. Lol. Be realistic.
-Instantly give squads (mp) for 120/90muni with the possibility of extra squads. 480mp+240*X or 400mp+200*Y If that would be the case, the cost of the abilities would rise.

Thing is, it's just stupid that we have commanders which are practically the same but theres one which is clearly supperior. The overlapping of abilities is insane.

NKVD: needs the commisar, You could receive Penals instead of Cons.
Reserve: needs useful Irregulars. Irregulars should count towards units lost and maybe replace with Irregulars.
Con support: MAYBE this would be the only one that should be passive but with a higher count, at a higher CP level AND crappy cons like in the campaign. No abilities, just merge, molotov, hoorah. Meatshield for the lines.

Relief: make it so Osstruppen counts towards unit lost. You might reduce the cost but not as much as what you said. OR make it secure value. Once you pay for the ability, you'll receive 2 squads of Osstruppen after the death quota has been achieved. The death quota should be just 1 more squad than now, since it's secured value.
German Infantry: replace bombing strike/light arty with G43/Fuel to munition.
10 Dec 2014, 19:00 PM

Sorry, I meant have that as a quote in this post. Anyway, i like your scout car idea. I'll make that change in the list. This is also the first draft of the list. All abilities here are in dire need of a change we can agree on that. How they're changed is based on the feed back I'm getting and from experience . The reason i made some drastic changes is because I don't see the abilities being used, not rarely, but at all. With my changes here, people would definitely use these. I will incorporate your ideas because i do agree with some. However, if a whole command point ability is wasted on trenches, they better be damn good. Better to start with a drastic change and work off of that then just have a god awful ability. That's what they did with the tiger ace. Ambush camo shouldn't be passive, i agree, but how do you think it can be saved?
10 Dec 2014, 22:49 PM

The best ability in game is the one that gives Thompsons to vehicle crew. It's just insane :foreveralone:

I wonder what they were smoking when they created this ability :banana:

I actually used that today. crewed the tank with echos and gave thompsons to the crew, they beat vet 3 lmg grens in cqc :D

Back to OP post. I think that Relief Infantry is very cool, except for the buggy part.
11 Dec 2014, 03:06 AM

Updated list is out
11 Dec 2014, 13:02 PM

I would watch if someone made a stream playing with the "games worst abilities". Testing if these abilities are as bad as we think. I enjoy Lennys stream as he tends to play ouf of the box.
11 Dec 2014, 14:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I would watch if someone made a stream playing with the "games worst abilities". Testing if these abilities are as bad as we think. I enjoy Lennys stream as he tends to play ouf of the box.

I'll give it a shot starting with ostheer. I'm around 150-200 rank if I'm trying.
http://www.twitch.tv/sarantini
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 63
Poland 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak