Login

russian armor

Kappatch - A minor rebalance mod

PAGES (17)down
31 Oct 2014, 05:50 AM

*Sniff* I thought I'd never see the day that Lefh gets buffed.
Thank you. Thank you so much.

Also, on regards of Partisans, my limited experience leads me to believe that their current weakness is their weak impact on ambushes. The low accuracy forces them to take a good second to stand still and shoot, leading to most weapon crews to successfully escape and other infantry squads to simply shoot back and terminate the squad.

My suggestion for a solution for Partisans are:

A) Emphasize their "glass cannon" aspect by returning them their accuracy. They die relatively quick due to their small squad size so there is no need to further nerf their survivability. If a nerf must be applied, it should be making them unable to capture points.

B) Emphasize their "infiltration" aspect by (like a few of the posters above me have said) providing some sort of stealth improvement so that they can do reconnaissance. Currently, they don't have any methods from avoiding detection and upon being caught they will be forced to retreat by enemy forces. Perhaps a cloaking ability with hold fire would work. Remember in the campaign that Polish sniper that could dig ambush cover? Perhaps you could take that into account, though I'm not sure if that is implementable.

Thanks for providing a mod that might be a great improvement to the game.

Edit: Leave the Partisan Tank Hunters alone though. They are performing extremely well for their current price.
31 Oct 2014, 05:57 AM

Love the changelog, I can't wait to try it out.

Don't forget to upvote the Kappatch on steam if you like it.
31 Oct 2014, 06:00 AM

maybe partisans could booby trap points like Obers.
31 Oct 2014, 06:01 AM

Praise Based Cruzz.

An idea for blitzkrieg: Move blitzkrieg to a higher veterancy requirement. 2 or 3. Doesn't provide a get out of jail free card(or one less card if they have panzer tactician).

Or just remove blitzkrieg entirely and standardize smoke on all german tanks at vet 1.

Everyone rip my head off for suggestions now plz.
31 Oct 2014, 06:05 AM

Nice patch Rel- oh wait... :rolleyes:
31 Oct 2014, 06:07 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I hope balance continue to improve in live game, not just mod :D

Maybe something like this will be good for tournament though.
31 Oct 2014, 06:13 AM
Patrion 14

jeez, everyone people are praising blindly and want an explanation from what I don't like from this mod.

The AOE radius for the SU76. Anymore splash damage that thing is going unleash hell on infantry and the Soviets already have enough squad wiping units in it's arsenal and it has the barrage. I would perfer for it to be moved to T3 and have it's AT capability improve, it is a Zis gun on wheels after all.

Double MGs on obersoldaten, why is this necessary at all? This is only going to make MG34 drop more easier and will undermine the obersoldaten in such a ridiculous way because it will make the obersoldaten a walking christmas present like the guards.

T34 reload speed. I don't really like the idea of T34s being so close to performance to the Panzer IV, I didn't like it when Relic made T34s 100 fuel since a single T34 can stand up to a Panzer IV on a straight up fight but the only difference is that T34s has a slightly less rng chance. Oh well, personal preference.

Flamethrower Halftrack, instead of a cost decrease Id rather have the dps increase on the halftrack. Relic did nerf the damage before giving it a requirement for t2 anyways when it's near useless at that stage.

Sniper still two man, but I don't know if cruzz can't change this or he perfers Soviet snipers to be two men, since he did modified it a little.

jeez, can't you understand that other ppl might like these changes even if you don't?

su76 finally not useless.

lmg34... really don't understand? ok, it is there, i think, so that any unit who picks up one lmg34 doesn't become a terminator squad... like it is now.

t34 changes? p4 still is a better tank noticeably

fht? i like it. i love it and i use it many times. sorry if it doesn't work out for you.

i mean sov sniper can't fire as fast as german ones, so its gotta have some advantages

31 Oct 2014, 06:20 AM

If you want to fix blitz just make it so it can't be used during combat like crew repair. That way the germans have to use it preemptively instead of reactionary. Making it a offensive only tool.
31 Oct 2014, 07:20 AM

ALL HAIL CRUZZ. DAT CALL-IN FIX Kreygasm
31 Oct 2014, 07:36 AM

Personally I'd like to see Blitz replaced with a "Creeping Assault" type deal where the tank moves at reduced speed with increased vision, range, and accuracy. Timed ability but may also be cancelled.
31 Oct 2014, 07:44 AM

Sweet changes.

I'm really gonna try the mod.

31 Oct 2014, 07:53 AM

I like alot of the changes, and maybe I'm just a noob, but it seems like germans got nerfed to shit.
31 Oct 2014, 07:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 07:53 AMbobop6
I like alot of the changes, and maybe I'm just a noob, but it seems like germans got nerfed to shit.

Not really, mostly buffs for useless units and tweaks on game mechanics.

Can't wait to try it out, looks really good :)
31 Oct 2014, 08:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 07:53 AMbobop6
Ostheer got mostly buffs. OKW got a like half nerfs, but most the changes are deserved.
31 Oct 2014, 08:03 AM

• Increase the build time of each s-mine patch to prevent players from safely and ignorantly building them during an engagement. Should apply to both OST and OKW. Cost can still remain the same.

Increased build time from 10s to 15s per patch

• Is it possible to make a revealed mine more vulnerable to small arms fire?

Yes, it's fairly simple. Mines have 35 armor like other buildings, that's the primary reason why small arms do nothing to them.

The AOE radius for the SU76. Anymore splash damage that thing is going unleash hell on infantry and the Soviets already have enough squad wiping units in it's arsenal and it has the barrage. I would perfer for it to be moved to T3 and have it's AT capability improve, it is a Zis gun on wheels after all.

"Any more splash" when the thing really has zero splash in release version. There's no point improving it's AT when it's in the same tier as SU85. And moving units between tiers is something fairly radical that I'd like to avoid if possible.

Double MGs on obersoldaten, why is this necessary at all? This is only going to make MG34 drop more easier and will undermine the obersoldaten in such a ridiculous way because it will make the obersoldaten a walking christmas present like the guards.

Because the LMG34 on them is so far out of the weapon performance curve it ain't even funny, needed to do something about it without altering the Obers too much. Any squad picking them up is a terminator. Maybe just flat out nerfing the MG34 and giving the 3 other guys better base weapons is a better choice, we'll see. But they absolutely need to have their damage spread out between the models better than now.

T34 reload speed. I don't really like the idea of T34s being so close to performance to the Panzer IV, I didn't like it when Relic made T34s 100 fuel since a single T34 can stand up to a Panzer IV on a straight up fight but the only difference is that T34s has a slightly less rng chance. Oh well, personal preference.

Nobody was complaining back when its reload was still 0.6 seconds faster than it is in this mod now.

Flamethrower Halftrack, instead of a cost decrease Id rather have the dps increase on the halftrack. Relic did nerf the damage before giving it a requirement for t2 anyways when it's near useless at that stage.

Sniper still two man, but I don't know if cruzz can't change this or he perfers Soviet snipers to be two men, since he did modified it a little.

It already has better DPS than KV8, not sure how squadwipey you really want it. The way I see it, the issue is not damage output, but competition from more durable alternatives at that point in the game, especially for the munitions part.

You would not like soviet snipers as a 1 man squad with balanced out reload and camo to account for that. Plus it's straying a bit too far from the base game for me again.
31 Oct 2014, 08:13 AM

Patchnotes look great! Bear approves work please have salmon.

But it is now time for testing this out. The amount of games we get in a live patch is great so time to see how this affects the meta game.
31 Oct 2014, 08:17 AM
Patrion 14

I'd really like to see a comment of Cynthia here.
Great changes cruzz!
31 Oct 2014, 08:27 AM
Benefactor 3110

Hi,

im a real fan of the pro gamers and everything and the cruzz patch sounds reasonable. But to be fair i think everybody salutes because it is the patch of cruzz. I get that squod wipes and call ins were big part of the community issues.. never mind it sounds great.

Honestly i still can not shake the feeling, that some people just bash relic to bash relic, it just can not be that easy. PQ and the other people in charge still are professionals.

On a side note couldn´t in the coh2 Chat Groups "in game" be a coh2.org Group by default. So bad Player like myself can find other beginners playing cruzz patch? Problems with these elite mods is, that only pros get them.

I want to play the patch too.

Best Regards
awa59
31 Oct 2014, 08:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 23:42 PMCruzz

Actually had a change to them and the dshk that I just forgot to copy from my far messier actual stat change notes while trying to make the changelog readable

Penal movement accuracy increased from 0.5 to 0.8, matching G43s. Accuracy far from 0.25 to 0.3 for a minor dps boost
DSHK aoe suppression modifier from 0.4 to 0.8 to make it better against blobbing

Updated first post with them

Aha, ninja changes cruzzi. You too my son? :nahnah::D
31 Oct 2014, 08:47 AM

Relic plz implement this into live
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %