Login

russian armor

Obersoldaten and stuff

• This thread is locked
PAGES (28)down
Vaz
10 Nov 2014, 12:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 23:00 PMJaigen

no your not and your bias is rotting the forum. no one is allowed to post of another faction unless they actually played it and thus know its strengths and weaknesses.

What am I not?

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 01:35 AMJaigen

this is a nice summary between skill levels and shows you are nowhere near my level.

much e-peen, yes?

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 10:18 AMJaigen

As i said before i dont deal with e-peen and as i said before my playercard is unreliable as multiple persons use my account.

:foreveralone:
10 Nov 2014, 14:24 PM

lol, guys chill out, since he cant back his words up, i dont give a flying garden about him and what he says. in my eyes he will be that guy who gets beaten by AI while ober spamming.
10 Nov 2014, 14:46 PM
Donator 33

Comrades! Das Ober soldat are not so Ober! When they wander the fields of Babylon in graceful gaggles, help contribute to limbs to those in need by dismembering them with well placed demos! I have dedicated much time and effort gathering limbs for underprivileged children by demolishing the wild Ober squads! Join me in my noble quest! (Subject to conditions up to and including death, lulz, flesh eating rabbits. By accepting quest you take full responsibility for knowledge of your name, quest and favourite colour. Any failure to meet conditions is by no means the legal fault of Switzerland, COH2.org, Relic or Monty Python)

Also this thread is dead,

This has been a message of lulz and neutrality brought to you by,

Switzerland <444>3
10 Nov 2014, 15:28 PM

Well thanks for your efort Switzerland, things were heating up. Anyway, a whine thread is a whine thread and can only bring more whinings or virulent reactions. If this thread was written like... "Hey guys, what you do against these OP Obersoldaten, any bright ideas?" the posts would have been much more interesting, maybe with some nice replays from which everybody can learn. But no, we prefer to stand with our arms crossed and cry rivers of tears about how OP some units are. So maybe they are. But deffinetly not unkillable. So how about searching some efficient counters? Who likes paras? I know I do. With that double lmg upgrade and properly vetted, do they stand a chance? Any opinions? Based on field experience only, and not on some figures, please.
10 Nov 2014, 15:34 PM
Donator 33

Replays no GIFS yes, http://i.imgur.com/cQNxrBu.gif

Switzerland <444>3
10 Nov 2014, 17:04 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 15:28 PMJohnnyB
Who likes paras? I know I do. With that double lmg upgrade and properly vetted, do they stand a chance? Any opinions? Based on field experience only, and not on some figures, please.

They don't.

once obers reach vet3, para must use thomson or lmg abilty to win.

Not to mention obers can fuckin SPRINT AT VET 5

But yea, not OP right?
10 Nov 2014, 17:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 10:18 AMJaigen

As i said before i dont deal with e-peen and as i said before my playercard is unreliable as multiple persons use my account.

So does this mean that we can ignore you now since your playercard is unreliable? You called out someone for L2P issues and yet you cannot backup your own claims of "better" skill
10 Nov 2014, 17:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Paratroopers are great but not as good as they used to be. They got a small nerf to their accuracy bonus. They also need vet to compete whereas obers are pretty beastly as soon as they hit the field and then get worse.
Vaz
10 Nov 2014, 18:28 PM

Paras fare better than other USF infantry, only due to the lmg upgrade. I've never been able to get close enough to make use of thompsons (even against noobs). As Romeo mentioned paras received a pretty hard hit with the removal of the officer bonuses. They are competitive with 1 lone obersquad given a cover advantage or in no cover, anything more and okw will win the engagement usually. I think the Scott is about the only thing keeping USF infantry from getting immediately run over in late game right now. Once it's nerfed to match performance of pack howitzer it's really going to be difficult.
10 Nov 2014, 18:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 18:28 PMVaz
As Romeo mentioned paras received a pretty hard hit with the removal of the officer bonuses.

Actually I was referring to their vet 2 bonus going from 40% increased accuracy to 25%. According to cruzz, the officer bonuses only got applied to paratroopers already on the field when the officer spawned. It may also have only affected those individual models, not reinforcements. Since you almost always field those officers before your first paratrooper squad, in practice these buffs almost never had an effect on your units at all. Still, it's good that this bug has been cleaned up.
10 Nov 2014, 18:39 PM
Donator 33

Why are people so scared to set up their profiles on a community site where they love to express deep opinions for or against items. More player cards would be nice as it would bring more transparency at the individual level, less flaming, more respect. I seriously dislike the fact that fully public player cards is a minority on of all things balance threads.

This thread is dead awaiting lock down, calling it.

Switzerland <444>3
10 Nov 2014, 20:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

^What is the tag to insert your playercard in your signature?

I wouldn't mind seeing all long range high DPS units seeing their upgrades weapon damage tone down on benefit of stabilizing it's dps through their vanilla weapons.

Vaz
10 Nov 2014, 20:20 PM

You know, what if coh2.org made it a requirement to show your playercard to post in the balance forums?

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 18:33 PMRomeo

Actually I was referring to their vet 2 bonus going from 40% increased accuracy to 25%. According to cruzz, the officer bonuses only got applied to paratroopers already on the field when the officer spawned. It may also have only affected those individual models, not reinforcements. Since you almost always field those officers before your first paratrooper squad, in practice these buffs almost never had an effect on your units at all. Still, it's good that this bug has been cleaned up.

Thanks for the clarification, I missed wherever he said that. I'm not surprised though, I took it for fact that the bonuses were there, but they never really did feel like they were. I wonder why relic reduced their vet accuracy? It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it should be done over all the factions. Some of the vet is a little too crazy right now.
10 Nov 2014, 20:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 20:20 PMVaz
You know, what if coh2.org made it a requirement to show your playercard to post in the balance forums?

And that proves anything? suffice to say i rather engage in arguments and not epeen. and you guys fail rather spectacular at that at every front including not knowing the workings of the game.
Vaz
10 Nov 2014, 20:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 20:36 PMJaigen

And that proves anything? suffice to say i rather engage in arguments and not epeen. and you guys fail rather spectacular at that at every front including not knowing the workings of the game.

Again with that, in the same page of the same thread? Keep contradicting yourself, I'm sure integrity can go below 0.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 01:35 AMJaigen

this is a nice summary between skill levels and shows you are nowhere near my level.

10 Nov 2014, 20:48 PM
Donator 33

• jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 20:36 PMJaigen

Vetlolcake never dies, why not settle the issue and link your card as you made down right rude assumption, borderline accusation against another person based on him not being "on your level". Your attitude toward others on this site proves that indeed no one is on your level of disrespect to another poster.
10 Nov 2014, 20:49 PM
Donator 33

Double post via mobile plz remove.
10 Nov 2014, 20:51 PM

Obersoldaten need to be changed in some way.

Fin.
10 Nov 2014, 20:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 20:20 PMVaz
Thanks for the clarification, I missed wherever he said that. I'm not surprised though, I took it for fact that the bonuses were there, but they never really did feel like they were. I wonder why relic reduced their vet accuracy? It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it should be done over all the factions. Some of the vet is a little too crazy right now.

July 31:
Lowered the accuracy modifier of paratroopers from 1.4 to 1.25 to account for the squad healing which was added to veterancy level 2

At some point it was reintroduced by accident. Then Oct 29:
Veterancy level 2 accuracy modifier from 1.4x to 1.25x; this accounts for the out of combat healing to veterancy level 2 which other units who receive 1.4x accuracy do not have.
Paratroopers no longer benefit from LT or Captain being nearby; previously they received bonuses that were long removed from the game

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 20:42 PMVaz
Again with that, in the same page of the same thread? Keep contradicting yourself, I'm sure integrity can go below 0.

Just ignore him.
10 Nov 2014, 21:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 20:36 PMJaigen

Its not about e-peens, but someone with rank 50 with all armies will have more creditability then someone with rank 5000 on one in 4v4.

I mean, come on, no one ever seen you in game and you tried to lecture Cruzzi on how to play the game.

That is like 5 year old teaching F1 driver on how to race.
PAGES (28)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

United States 16
United Kingdom 73
unknown 3
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L