Login

russian armor

Obersoldaten and stuff

• This thread is locked
PAGES (28)down
9 Nov 2014, 13:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 12:51 PMJaigen

Their is no such thing as kiting with lmg's.

2 squads, one stays and shoots, other keeps distance from shocks.

When shocks change target, squads change role.

Its called kiting. Part of this weird thing called skill. No wonder you had no idea how to do it thou.
9 Nov 2014, 13:39 PM

Its called kiting. Part of this weird thing called skill. No wonder you had no idea how to do it thou.

Shit talking is easy in theory, in reality, COH2 infantry speed in impractical for any kiting micro.
It is not like Starcraft that your marine can instantly start shooting a Zealot and deal damage in 0.5 second when pressing stop.
9 Nov 2014, 13:49 PM

Pffft I'm tired of talking. Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x0m0VE0MmE

This will tell you everything you need to know about LMG34. Courtesy of Cruzzi.
9 Nov 2014, 13:50 PM

No offence man, but you are living in lala land. Decently microed shocks handily defeat 2 gren squads 9 times out of 10, and no Soviet player worth his salt will chase a non-lmg gren squad while an lmg gren squad is shooting at him.

yes, but its generally understood that, lmg grens are going to be around. if not, mg42s. shocks can be countered by generally good mg42 and grenadier combo early and later on, just 2 lmg grens.

what tata probably means is that, once you can control their movement, you can control shocks. but obers are effective at all ranges. there's no way to counter them except with overwhelming infantry dps.

there's too much rock paper scissors gameplay argument here, yes obers should counter infantry, but not this hard, not when they are a rifle unit. infantry hardcounters are usually require the stars to be aligned (aka shocks being in close range), slow and steady rate (snipers), or metal boxes (tanks). currently, obers behave like human tanks, often just strolling up and ending infantry fights, unless a lucky mortar hit or grenade.
9 Nov 2014, 14:47 PM

Thats not kiting.
9 Nov 2014, 14:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 13:50 PMwongtp

there's too much rock paper scissors gameplay argument here, yes obers should counter infantry, but not this hard, not when they are a rifle unit. infantry hardcounters are usually require the stars to be aligned (aka shocks being in close range)

No its a l2p. you dont need the stars to be in perfect alignment nonsense. if you have a map where their is plenty of cc use shocks on maps that favours long range use snipers its that simple.

i have seen so many bad soviet players that to use shocktroopers on maps like crossing or langres its not even funny.
9 Nov 2014, 14:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 14:47 PMJaigen

Thats not kiting.

Who cares. You're just arguing symantics (not surprising with someone who has 'horrid flame wars' as his signature).

Fact is it works. Now try to apply those same parameters to cons against obers. Yeah, see. 'but cons are effective at close range', well try that too, and see how you get on.

Now apply those parameters with riflemen (equip with BARs if you like), oh look, it doesn't work so good.

In case you missed it:

Fact is, shocks can be countered (if even light counter, with skill), Obers cannot. It's snipers/tanks or go home bleeding.
9 Nov 2014, 14:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 14:47 PMJaigen

Thats not kiting.

What if I told you that kiting means a bit more then spamming reverse on tank being chased by AT?

Just because you don't understand it or don't see it, doesn't make it any less of kiting.

Its exactly the same what was done by soviets with conscripts when AGs were introduced.
9 Nov 2014, 14:58 PM
Patrion 14

+1
9 Nov 2014, 15:42 PM

Thank you. This is exactly the problem.

Even if the gun were purchased for a high cost, it still doesn't work well for the game performing like that.
9 Nov 2014, 15:42 PM

Who cares. You're just arguing symantics (not surprising with someone who has 'horrid flame wars' as his signature).

Fact is it works. Now try to apply those same parameters to cons against obers. Yeah, see. 'but cons are effective at close range', well try that too, and see how you get on.

Now apply those parameters with riflemen (equip with BARs if you like), oh look, it doesn't work so good.

In case you missed it:

Fact is, shocks can be countered (if even light counter, with skill), Obers cannot. It's snipers/tanks or go home bleeding.

Clearly not OP,L2P or L2Adapt...
9 Nov 2014, 15:56 PM

In case you missed it:

finally, this can shut him up. clearly, its a l2p situation. avoid the pathfinders man!
Vaz
9 Nov 2014, 16:14 PM

Vet3 pathfinders with lmg34. That's sick. They don't have the retarded received accuracy bonus of obers, but the extra range makes them almost untouchable with that stupid gun. The LMG34 needs to be nerfed and given a hefty munitions cost. Obers with kar's are worth the high price alone, if I'm not mistaken they have the best performing standard rifle in the game.
9 Nov 2014, 19:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 15:56 PMwongtp

finally, this can shut him up. clearly, its a l2p situation. avoid the pathfinders man!

im not really convinced by that vid. dropped lmg always do great damage to the axis as they have less hp per squad.
9 Nov 2014, 19:56 PM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 19:25 PMJaigen

im not really convinced by that vid. dropped lmg always do great damage to the axis as they have less hp per squad.

Really?

You're a troll, go home.
9 Nov 2014, 20:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 16:14 PMVaz
Vet3 pathfinders with lmg34. That's sick. They don't have the retarded received accuracy bonus of obers, but the extra range makes them almost untouchable with that stupid gun. The LMG34 needs to be nerfed and given a hefty munitions cost. Obers with kar's are worth the high price alone, if I'm not mistaken they have the best performing standard rifle in the game.

You haven't played a single game as OKW which is the sole possible explanation for this seriously outlandish nonsense. You are approaching Vetlolcake/Katitof level of bull here dude, no offence.
9 Nov 2014, 21:15 PM

By the time Obers hit the Field there is plenty of stuff around/available that can handle them. I really don't see a problem here.
9 Nov 2014, 21:46 PM

Permanently Banned

This vid alone counters all arguments saying that obers are fine
Vaz
9 Nov 2014, 22:02 PM

You haven't played a single game as OKW which is the sole possible explanation for this seriously outlandish nonsense. You are approaching Vetlolcake/Katitof level of bull here dude, no offence.

I can read the stats, the guns are the best. If you want to show me a better standard rifle, please link. I'm a pretty reasonable guy. I don't have to play as OKW to read the numbers.
9 Nov 2014, 22:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 22:02 PMVaz

I can read the stats, the guns are the best. If you want to show me a better standard rifle, please link. I'm a pretty reasonable guy. I don't have to play as OKW to read the numbers.

Ergh. That was obviously not the point. Obersoldaten are not remotely competitve without the LMG...literally 3/4s (give or take) of their firepower is in that weapon. If they didnt have it, there would be zero incentive to build them. Seriously, try playing OKW.
PAGES (28)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 53
Poland 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak